Author Topic: Forum access regarding non-FSWers  (Read 8431 times)

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
Re: Moved????
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 08:35:46 PM »
All I am really trying to say is that people are different, and if part of the goal is to get people on the ground.....and they have made contact with other FSW members, spent time with them, helped each other, been active on the forum, and what ever else you may want to add or take away.....that means something! So much more than a signed SOI and $25.

So Jed... if all these things that have been done are so important, and if $25 and a signed SOI is such a piddling little thing... then why don't you sign the SOI and send in $25? If it is such a nothing?

When was the last time you spent $25? Was it as important as what we are doing here?

It's not in the purview of a non-member to define what membership entails, sorry.

You've also communicated to me or on the forum that you want to look at FSW's "books". Now there's trust for you!

That's fine, but my reasons for the phone are to head off misunderstandings that lead to bitter feelings and folk leaving the forum.....of which there are already too many examples.

Too many? Who says?. No reasonable person is surprised when a few leave. That's just the way people are. There is no organization that retains 100% of their membership (without force), and bloody few that can keep as many as FSW has I'll bet.

you see I have a pretty dim view of authority

Now, why would you use innuendo like that? What's your purpose?

There is no authority here. There is only association. Authority is when you must knuckle under and cannot disassociate. Anyone here is free to leave at a moment's notice.

and I have lots of doubt about people and organizations......I figure if they are willing to bend here and there, then they must have a fairly good amount of humanity in them

But why should we bend for you, particularly? Do you think you represent the views of everyone? I doubt it; you certainly don't represent mine.

Do you understand how association works? Either you find value in an organization and join, or you don't find enough value and you don't join. That about all there is to it. Now, as a non-member you can certainly make your case to change membership rules, but what does it mean when we say "sorry, no" and you keep on harping on it? What is your purpose?
Laws turn men into slaves.

Jed Bodacious

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 11:22:31 PM »
Paul,

Responding to you're replies in public would only lead to more negativity.......my driving purpose in this is to stop such from occurring.....if you still want to discuss this send me a pm and I'll send you my phone number.

-Jed

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 04:39:49 PM »
OK, if you two can PM or chat about it, that'd be preferable.

Regarding deeds as a basis of FSW Membership, no reasonable
demarcation point could likely ever be laid down. 

The $25 fee is more symbolic than anything else.

I got the idea from a colleague at a trade show who is a very
well-known newsletter author.  He used to give away sample
copies of his newsletter (retail price $100/year), but always
quickly ran out on the first day.

Then, he began to charge a nominal 25?
It immediately cut down on the freebie-types by 80%.

The last thing the FSW needs is a frothy membership roster, who
joined for free without any real commitment to Wyoming.  The
$25 fee helps to "buy" a very high quality group of folks.

_________
Regarding the FSW "books", Jed, think of it this way:
I've a crosscountry bus to Wyoming and pick up folks along the way.
I ask them for a few bucks to help defray my expenses.
Defray--not pay for--as much/most still comes out of my own pocket.

So, would any passenger have the right to demand to look at my repair and gas records?

_________
Now, if anybody wants to donate specifically for FSW advertisements, I suggest
that they form an ad hoc group for that respective funding purpose, to which
I will contribute from the FSW kitty.

Boston

Jed Bodacious

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 06:10:35 PM »
Waiting on pm from Paul........tick....tick

-Jed

Jed Bodacious

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »
It's been roughly 48 hours

Paul, I have not received any pm from you to discuss this topic, and I have given you my phone number in the past concerning this several months ago, but you never called me! You're title below your name says "administrative assistant" well Paul the last time I checked a primary roll of an administrator is to commutate! If you can't do this I suggest you do something that does not have the word "Administration" in it.

From the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary Administration #3 : the execution of public affairs as distinguished from policy-making.
"public affairs" you be the judge!

Now I've got to restate my reasons for getting into this, and why I am angry now.

Active members, associates, forum members....what ever title you wish to brand them with....(I'll call them people who were active on this forum and wanted to help in making the FSW a viable movement.) I noticed were not around any more, so I asked others and got a general idea of what was taking place.....and I swear, I put myself into this topic because, I seen it tearing us and our hopes for the future apart. Trust me Paul it means much more to me than $25!

For me this started with the movement of threads out of view that I was actively following, posting in and one I even started. The root cause being I was not a member of the FSW.

Okay, so if I want to be a member I have to sign a Statement of Intent and send in $25. (Yes, I have read the why of the Statement, but still no real idea what the $25 is used for.....oh wait I forgot, yep Paul told me it was used to buy toilet fresheners......a sneering remark if I do say so myself! And anytime money is collected people usually like to know what it's being used for beyond the euphemistic "keeping the lights on" answer.)

Well sneering remarks and euphemistic answers aside the concept is not a bad thing, it has merit and at the inception of the FSW looking at the FSP I can understand why the choice was made. But time has passed, and this movement is growing.....you have folks moving to Wyoming, folks who are already in Wyoming, folks making fact finding trips to Wyoming, folks trying real hard (such as myself) to get to Wyoming, folks who are making future plans concerning Wyoming, folks who have spent money in helping others and themselves in Wyoming and trying to get to Wyoming (such as myself), folks who are encouraging folks to move to Wyoming and many other examples of folks wanting to help out in this movement. Clearly a pluralistic reality!

I make assumption that our goal is the same.......get freedom minded folks to Wyoming.......and all I am saying is, expand the number of ways folks can become members of this great idea Boston had some years ago.

1.) Change the number of ways one can become a member.

and

2.) When things get heated, reach out and touch those freedom loving folks with a call or something that shows you care and value their wiliness to be apart of this. It would do so much to keep this thing going and growing!

Now for the above two suggestions I have been shown a less than..... well positive appreciation.

While the back and forth with Boston is tantamount to stalemate, he is at least a gentleman.

However

Paul you have been mean spirited, you took my good intentions, my sprit of helping and subjected my comments on this topic to a twisting that serves no good at all! Truly you hurt me with what you said, it was all I could do to not post in kind to your words two nights ago....I thought you would at least pm me, and give me a chance to expound on this....but not a word! (and I know you have been on the forum within these past 48 hours, plus I even dropped hints to another for you to contact me 24 hours ago)

Look, one of the best threads I have read here about making this work was between Boston and Laurel when the Myers-Briggs test thing came up aka the 16 types of people. If this is going to work it's going to take all types working together with freedom as our goal. Paul you're talents are needed, I find value in what you do and what you have already contributed to this cause, however if you don't do the same with others here who want to help in their unique ways, you will find an ever growing number of bad bills to list on your Liberty Index, and you can look in the mirror and place some of the blame on the reflection. In fact it may get so bad that one-day you may just give up and go jump into one of those "Farting Ponds of Mud" at Yellowstone Park.

One more thing Paul, don't twist my words or use your sophistic platitudes to say something I clearly did not say, save that scorn for the legislator....at least there it will serve a good cause.

So decision makers where will this lead? I know many of you feel strongly about ?membership? so do I and others here?..let?s try very hard to make it reflect more than the hard line approach.

I'll make you a deal.....I'll send in the SofI and $25 and become a member the original way, then the number of ways folks can become members expands to a new level....we will then go from there.

Let's make freedom, ~W~

-Jed Bodacious

Offline FSW Forum Administrator

• Administrator
    • Free State Wyoming
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 05:07:06 AM »
I make assumption that our goal is the same.......get freedom minded folks to Wyoming.......and all I am saying is, expand the number of ways folks can become members of this great idea Boston had some years ago.

1.) Change the number of ways one can become a member.

and

2.) When things get heated, reach out and touch those freedom loving folks with a call or something that shows you care and value their wiliness to be apart of this. It would do so much to keep this thing going and growing!

And for the umpteenth time, it is not for the general public to decide how membership in the FSW organization is determined. It is up to the FSW organization.
Thanks,
The Management

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 12:38:53 PM »
Jed, I'm not interested in pursuing this discussion any further.
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 03:02:40 PM »
Jed, we're now at the point of sawing sawdust, and admin understandably
locked this thread recently.

While I understand your objections to the FSW Membership prodecure,
and thank you for your suggestions, the current arrangement is preferred
by 80+% of polled FSWers, it's simple, and it works well enough for now.

Any org you ever join will already contain somebody of friction for you.
If you wish to allow Paul or anybody else to keep you from the forum, or
from the FSW, that is your choice...but wouldn't such be unrealistic?

I've appreciated your contribution to our forum, and look forward to more of the same.
Perhaps we will meet at the Jam?

~W~
Boston

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 12:15:02 PM by Boston »