Author Topic: How About Saratoga in Carbon County?  (Read 1507 times)

Offline freematt

• Reader
How About Saratoga in Carbon County?
« on: April 14, 2007, 10:08:19 AM »
I had thought about living in Saratoga for the Wyoming benefits, rural life and proximity to the shopping, cultural and transportation advanages of Denver/Ft. Collins. I hear real estate is fairly high there. Any pros or cons from FreeStaters? -- Matt

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
Re: How About Saratoga in Carbon County?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 10:18:08 AM »
Howdy Matt, My brother just moved to Saratoga from Denver. He loves it. He bought a business rental  and does his work over the internet. I helped him move up there and my first impressions were positive. It is a small town and there are some "city" lots that are relitively inexpensive. The next town down the road , Encampment, has many lots also . There are a few mountain properties nearby too.  The area north of there will have a coal to diesel plant built in the next year or two and Encampment is looking at a plant that makes wood pellits so there should be more jobs coming in. There are many business properties for sale so if you have ever thought of doing that it might be worth a look. Do a web search, if you haven't already, and you should be able to get better info.  We will be at the JAM in June if you can make it we can talk more about it.   Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785