Author Topic: Questions from a daunted urbanite...  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Len Budney

Questions from a daunted urbanite...
« on: April 16, 2007, 02:57:09 PM »
Hi all!

I live in Pittsburgh, PA, where I work as a computer programmer (my background includes anything Internet related, databases, and some plant automation). I'm only 36, but already have arthritic knees and am a bit overweight. In other words, I'll never be a cowboy. Are there jobs for programmers (or related techies)? Can such a one as me fit in, thrive and prosper? Boston's writing on the subject definitely suggests that you might not be FSW material, if you're not cowboy material.

Thanks!
Len.

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Questions from a daunted urbanite...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 03:24:44 PM »
Budney, the "cowboy" needs to be in your heart and soul, not necessarily in your body parts. :) If you are someone who values individual liberty, justice, integrity and non-aggression you'll fit right in.

All of us will face the eventual deterioration of our physical bodies, but that can't change our soul.

Besides, once you get to Wyoming and out of the cesspool you may find that your bodily health and appearance changes too. Mine sure did! I'm a whole new person here, and I suspect you will be too. I had such bad arthritis that I was hardly able to hold a pen before I came here. Now I can shoot a .357 revolver with either hand! Ask me if you want to learn how I did that. :)

Don't let anyone discourage you!! Don't let anyone else define who and what you are!!

As for a job, we have all sorts of communication opportunities here - as well as many others. Don't limit yourself either.

MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
Re: Questions from a daunted urbanite...
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 08:00:20 PM »
Howdy Len, Lots of computer folks here so take some time and look around the board.  I know cowboys who aren't "cowboy material"   ;)   Welcome.   Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785