Author Topic: 2 Questions  (Read 2656 times)

Offline TreadNotUponMe

• Rather Interested
2 Questions
« on: May 06, 2007, 11:57:03 PM »
Hey all,

I'm SOMEWHAT new here (I just signed up for the forum but have visited many times before), and have some questions about your org.

1 - How many members are there and how many of them are in WY as of now? If the # is low that won't affect my opinion (since this is just the beginning of a huge undertaking), but I'm curious.

2 - How many people are you aiming for when it's all said and done?

3 - I found this through wikipedia while doing some reading about the FSP (the more aware of you will know what I'm talking about...I feel like it'd be rude to promote another org on your own message board).  How much promotion do you do or is it all word of mouth?

Full disclosure: I'm a volunteer for the FSP (I do web advertising for them), but I don't view our organizations as competitors since we both want the same thing.  I speak highly of your organization to liberty-lovers not interested in living in New England.

Offline TreadNotUponMe

• Rather Interested
Re: 2 Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 11:58:09 PM »
Ok, I CAN count...I just forgot to change my title...the title should be THREE questions, not two  :P

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: 3 Questions
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:59:20 AM »
1 - How many members are there and how many of them are in WY as of now? If the # is low that won't affect my opinion (since this is just the beginning of a huge undertaking), but I'm curious.

Nobody really knows except Boston, and I don't know if he's going to tell anyone. You can ask, of course.
2 - How many people are you aiming for when it's all said and done?
I suspect we'd all love to have every person on earth live free and self responsible. Other than that, there is no real answer to this one, far as I can see.
3 - I found this through wikipedia while doing some reading about the FSP (the more aware of you will know what I'm talking about...I feel like it'd be rude to promote another org on your own message board).  How much promotion do you do or is it all word of mouth?
That and the web pages are the most of it, I think, though there's been some talk of advertising of some sort. Who knows what might happen if some of the cats in this herd decide to work together more on it? <G>

Full disclosure: I'm a volunteer for the FSP (I do web advertising for them), but I don't view our organizations as competitors since we both want the same thing.  I speak highly of your organization to liberty-lovers not interested in living in New England.

Thanks. Welcome to our discussion. MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline TreadNotUponMe

• Rather Interested
Re: 3 Questions
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 10:12:02 PM »

Nobody really knows except Boston, and I don't know if he's going to tell anyone. You can ask, of course.

Odd...

---

As far as the advertising, one of the things I've started doing for the FSP that might work well for those of you that haven't moved to WY yet is to buy a stamp that has the website URL on it and stamp your Federal Reserve Notes.  People notice them.  It's cheap and effective.

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 12:01:44 AM »
The FSW has no "odometer" as does the FSP, and never will.
We move to Wyoming more for Wyoming's sake than anything else.

We've hundreds of FSW Members and Associates, and dozens of
atual Wyoming relocators. 

When it becomes thousands and hundreds, respectively, I'll then say that.
Meanwhile--and as always--it's the quality of mover that ultimately matters most.

As far as the advertising, one of the things I've started doing for the FSP that might work well for those of you that haven't moved to WY yet is to buy a stamp that has the website URL on it and stamp your Federal Reserve Notes.  People notice them.  It's cheap and effective.
Good tip, thanks.

We've also our own FSW silver coin, which is noticed even more!

Boston

[/color]

Offline malachirc

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 07:21:36 AM »
And as for spreading it, I've mentioned it in passing to a few of my good, liberty loving friends, and basically said "Hey, this is a cool group: do your own research, ask me questions, and think about it".

I know at least one of them is lurking on the board, and maybe a few more.