Author Topic: Wyoming in 08  (Read 7707 times)

Offline AjaxBtz

• Reader
Wyoming in 08
« on: February 23, 2006, 05:08:07 AM »
Hello I am the wife of Daveasxx, I believe he has sent out our membership form. First of all I would like to say Thank you to Boston, I can finally talk politics with my husband without him looking at me as if I've just sprouted a second head!!! Your books and this forum have finally got us on the same page? :).

As for me, I am a Coal Miners Daughter, originally from West Virginia, but transplanted to Wyoming the first time in 1st Grade...after a few moves back and forth my dad finally settled us in Green River, in the early 80's. I've lived in quite a few states but Wyoming has always been Home...I can trace my family back to the Mayflower, have 2 great great Uncles that have become legends and hero's to our family for fighting against Prohibition? (one shot a sheriff during a raid on the still? :)) I grew up in rural America. I learned to shoot using Praire Dogs and Rabbits for targets, went fishing and hunting, and was taught how to drive during Hay Season. My father has an extensive gun collection, a home without a gun is un American...My mother cries enough, but really how many is too many? He half jokingly told my husband "The first 50 are hard to get in the door, but after that they all start looking the same"? :D I come from a long line of Patriots and Rebels, and it's about time I started following in their footsteps.

We recently purchased 40 acres in Wyoming and had already planned on moving there after Dave retired from the Navy in 2011.? Now that we have found our about this group we find ourselves honor bound to join. I'm happy to be a part of 'Free State Wyoming"!? 'Operation Abandonship' is now in the works and our prospective move date is late 2008!

Amy

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
Re: Wyoming in 08
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 07:49:37 AM »
Amy, Welcome aboard. I guess it is still true that behind every good man is a Patriot woman with a firearm ?  I lived in Green River between 1975 and 1982.Then moved to Rock Springs. Mom and Dad worked in the Trona patch. We may have crossed paths somewhere ?    Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline AjaxBtz

• Reader
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 08:20:53 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. Hmmm, if we met I was too young to remember, I would have been in grade school at the time you were in Green River. I graduated from high school in 90. My dad worked for FMC until recently. He's broken his back twice at work in the last year. The first Dr told him it was just arthiritus, so he didn't file a injury claim...the second time he broke his neck but they refused to file an injury claim saying it was the same injury...he's quite possibly the toughest man I know.

As for me and guns, I'm rusty to say the least. It's been years since I've had the opporotunity to put in any practice. I could hit something, but not where I would like, and that just isn't good enough.

I was young and foolish, and thought I had to go searching for the American Dream, only to find that I had left it behind...and it is slowly slipping away. I'm glad to find more like minded people, and I hope that I can make it to the Jam in May...

Amy

Offline Fran

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
    • Freshwaterorganics
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 10:40:39 PM »
Amy, you sound like a dream. I hope you've got a sister just like you for Boston. ;)
And please spend lots of time with my wife. I hope some of you will rub off on her.
She "claims" she doesn't like to shoot. Now isn't that rediculous? She "claims" she doesn't want to live in Wyoming. Who ever heard of such nonsense???
We actually lived there for a year, but she had a bad experience - she was pregnant, had no family there, and was terrified to drive down our driveway. That and the fact that I was out of town about 8 days a month made her beg me to leave. If I hadn't, I'm pretty sure she would have anyway.
Now, she is trying to get with the program because she knows how much it means to me, but her heart still isn't in it yet. Hope she'll come around soon. I'm looking forward to meeting you and Dave.
With earthbags, we can build dirt cheap homes that last forever
one bag at a time. Although Wyoming isn't just for dirtbags...

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 10:52:31 PM »
from AjazBtz:
First of all I would like to say Thank you to Boston, I can finally talk politics with my husband without him looking at me as if I've just sprouted a second head!!! Your books and this forum have finally got us on the same page
I can't recall higher praise given my books recently.? Wow.
I've seen many couples of different minds on all this, and it humbles
me that my work is helping a political synthesis to grow between you two.
Thanks so much for saying so!

I'm looking forward to meeting you both (and any cute/single sister you might have)!

Thanks for joining the FSW after you'd already bought your Wyoming property.
I am well and truly bowled over by such solidarity.
May Wyoming and the FSW help to fulfill your dreams!

Boston

Fran, having your wife meet other FSW ladies such as Amy will likely go a long
way in convincing her that the FSW is not just for riflemen campers, but an org
linking together couples and families all sharing similar dreams in Wyoming.

Maybe one of the ladies will start a topic or several here amongst themselves?

[/color]

« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 11:23:31 AM by Boston »

Offline Fran

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
    • Freshwaterorganics
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 11:11:52 PM »
B,
I agree with you, that is a great idea. I'd like to see a thread about why women want to move to Wyoming and if they always felt that way or if something or some ideas turned them around. I'd also be curious about any woman "professionals" who might be giving up (or changing) their careers when they get to Wyoming. Also, what are their thoughs on raising kids there, public schools vs private schools, and anything else they like to chat about behind our backs. :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 12:53:23 PM by Fran »
With earthbags, we can build dirt cheap homes that last forever
one bag at a time. Although Wyoming isn't just for dirtbags...

Offline AjaxBtz

• Reader
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 09:01:54 AM »
Fran, sorry to hear that your wife isn't thrilled at the prospect of moving to Wyoming. I wasn't too happy about it as a kid but as I grew older I realised I was mirroring my own mothers unhappiness and not my own. Since moving to the East Coast I've pactiaclly become a hermit, I dispise going out, too many people, and too few with manners or courteous behavior. My son's middle school has had numerous bomb threats in the last 6 months, sirens blare numerous times a day, gun shots can be heard on occasion (while I'm not opposed to guns, I certainly don't feel safe hearing them in a very populated trailer park) I can't take my 3 year old out side to play without having to babysit 3 to 5 other children under the age of 5 that are outside playing unsupervised. And the sadest thing is I don't live in a City, it's just heavily populated rural. Housing is way over priced, land going for up to $250,000 per acre. It's insane, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. One group of dirtbags move out and another set move in. Rent prices are pretty much beyond anyones' financial means, or you are forced to live in a run down near condemed dwelling just to make ends meet. I could go on and on...but these are just a few of the reasons I am moving to Wyoming...

I'd certainly like to get to know other woman in the group, and do what I can to help. I'm a stay at home mom, not a "professional" but I think I can hold my own in an inteligent conversation. I'm just an Average Christian American Woman, that feels it's long overdue for us to take back our country.

As for a sister *cough* yes I have one, but er...I'll gladly make introductions, but in the sake of friendship I won't do any matchmaking? :D I won't say anything negative or positive about her.

Amy

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 11:32:27 AM »
Fran, thanks for pointing out the typo, which I've corrected.

Amy, just think how much worse the urban areas are! 
I suspect that many other regular folks are in the same boat,
and see no local answer (because there isn't one).

Wyoming will be rather a paradise for your family, and I wish
you all success in "Operation Abandon Ship!"  Let us know
how we can help.

You can PM (private message) me here about your sis, thanks.

Boston

Offline canaan

• Rather Interested
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 04:05:56 PM »
2008  looks like about the time wifey and I will be arriving.  Yet to be determined is where in Wyoming.   I'm not at all sure the economy or the political situation will hold out long enough for us. There is much to do, many things to acquire, but in the mean time we study, we train, we invest.

Thanks to Boston, Claire Wolfe, and others for the wake up call.

Offline Daveasxx

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Voting Wyoming resident!
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 04:15:35 PM »
I'll probably send Amy and the kids in 07...it could even be sooner if I see major developments that I don't like.

Dave
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."? Johann W. von Goeth

Offline archy

• FReeper profile at Free Republic.com
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 12:47:46 PM »
Dave, which county are you and Amy settling in? I expect to be reasonably well settled in Weston by the time y'all move, and in any event would be glad to help in any way that I can.
I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. After I realized he had no use for his shoes, I took them, and then I felt much better about myself.

Offline Daveasxx

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 02:46:03 PM »
I don't know yet.  My property is in Carbon...though I probably won't start building until 08 and plan to take my time.  We have family in Sweetwater; I know that I can get a job there.  I'd be willing to look into one of the counties that would help FSW better for awhile as I build on my property.  I'm sure I could find some kind of work in every county when the time comes.  If Amy and the kids go early it will probably be Sweetwater until I get there.  If things get bad enough for me to send her there I want all that family firepower to protect her:).  Also, I'm hoping that there will be others there with school-age children to start some kind of home schooling network or support group or something.

Dave
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."? Johann W. von Goeth

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 08:41:22 PM »
Beware of Carbon County. There's a 640-acre minimum property size required in order to build in rural areas there, as I recall (but check that, for sure - my memory ain't as good as it used to be, and even then it was none too good!) Some rich leftists got hold of the county commission I guess; didn't like modest homes messing up their view or something.
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline Daveasxx

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 09:24:10 PM »
Yes, my property is one of the last that was allowed to be divided (into 40 acre parcels).  You are right.  The county will not allow the division of land or allow new building on less than a section (a square mile)...unless previously granted, which mine has been.  It too bad really.

Dave

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 12:30:13 PM »
We'll fix that, in time.  :)
Laws turn men into slaves.