Author Topic: New Mexican Food Party(Not Political!)  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Brandy

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Submissive in totality to one only.
New Mexican Food Party(Not Political!)
« on: July 27, 2007, 11:41:11 PM »
We should start planning a get together for later this year and have a grand party with many great New Mexican dishes.

Posole
Rellenos
Green Chile
Stuffed Sopapillas
Sopapillas & Honey
Green Chile
Enchiladas made with Chipotle and perhaps antelope, elk, deer......
Green Chile Stew
Sheepherder
Carne Adovada
Carne Asada
Green Chile

I'd be willing to have the feast at my house.

Input from others...................................

Brandy
Veritas numquam perit - Truth never perishes!

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: New Mexican Food Party(Not Political!)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 07:55:57 AM »
Gosh Brandy, what a neat idea!

Anybody would get the idea you really like green chili! LOL  (Me too.) Just made a green chili stew with some venison last night. YUM

Pick a day and I'll try to get there.  ;D
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline SilenceDoGood

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 08:44:20 AM »
I'd love to be there and finally meet some more FSWers!!! We're in Casper and still trying to find our way around, so we'd need directions (and they'd have to be blonde- proof; I always get lost).
"Women cannot complain about men anymore until they start getting better taste in them." ~Bill Maher

Offline lex

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 03:31:49 PM »

Howdy all,

Providence may put me there, then (whenever that  is, that is ...).  In the event I am
not at  the event, please allow me to send some of the goods with which to make the
good stuff.

When I know what my itinerary will be, I'll post up.  In the meantime, everyone who's
likely to be there can get it together to suit you all, and please keep the doings posted.
I'll keep an eye on it.

Viva la comida buena y la vida encantado!

Lex  ~W~

?The longer I live                the more I learn                  how little I know.?              ---William Hawkes Park

?Nature has made up her mind that       what cannot defend itself       shall not be defended.?           ---Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Wyowoman

• Mover and Shaker
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 03:47:43 PM »
Brandy that sounds like a little bit of heaven to me!

Lex - I'd love to know how much it'd cost to ship some green and red chile's here.  My MIL usually  brings some with her when she visits but we go through it so quickly.  I love grilled cheese and green chile sandwiches too, heck, anything with green chile is wonderful.  I used to work part-time at Godfather's Pizza in ABQ and that's where I learned to appreciate green chile on pizza  :o  Gotta love it!
?Political correctness is really a subjective list put together by the few to rule the many?a list of things one must think, say, or do. It affronts the right of the individual to establish his or her own beliefs.? Mark Berley, Argos, Spring 1998

Offline SilenceDoGood

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 05:34:39 PM »
Ok, the more I read about all this spicy food, the more I think I'll have to bring some cheesecake or potatoe salad with me. Massive amount of spices and chili peppers do to an Irish gal what Max Von Sydow did to the devil: you'll all be leaning over me yelling, "the power of Christ compells you!"
 ;D
"Women cannot complain about men anymore until they start getting better taste in them." ~Bill Maher