Author Topic: Please stay home - concerned wyoming resident  (Read 9739 times)

Offline lex

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman
Re: Please stay home - concerned wyoming resident
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 03:27:59 PM »

"I was about to try it out.

"Let's see, reaching behind left leg, grab right leg, ...""

Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!!

She butted it, first!  Better butt it first!  Or no tellin what'll happen second.

Or thirdly better yet, reread the appended warning - "*Caveat Buttor:
For experienced heroines and heroes only.  DO NOT try this at home nor
on the range."

Best Wishes for Buttor Neighbors,

Lex  ~W~

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 08:01:06 PM by lex »
?The longer I live                the more I learn                  how little I know.?              ---William Hawkes Park

?Nature has made up her mind that       what cannot defend itself       shall not be defended.?           ---Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline John

• FSW Associate
  • Wyoming Housing Provider
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 06:34:56 PM »
*Caveat Buttor: For experienced heroines and heroes only.  DO NOT try this at home nor
on the range.
WHAT!?!?!?!  Why didn't you have this warning before?  I could have killed myself!  I'll sue!

Wait, and are you implying that I am not an experienced hero?  How insulting!  This violates Sensitivity Statute 3.132.23(7)b.  I'll sue!

Furthermore, lookin' out my back door I see no free-ranging bison, which is the result of the White Man and his campaign of genocide against all our brothers of bisonly orientation, and on behalf of the Bison Are People Too Foundation I demand reparations.  I'll sue!

Offline lex

• FSW Rifleman
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 10:35:12 PM »

So, shall we call you Sue Happy?   ::)
------------------------------------------------------------

There was a poster on the wall at Dartmouth's School of Computer Engineering's
Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence which bragged, "When better women are made,
Dartmouth men will make them."
   8)

Here in the West a question may be asked, "When better bison buttors are made,
will Wyoming men make them?"
   :-\

The Women Who Butt With Bison Association may likely answer that question with
another question, "What part of "I have a headache" do you not understand?"   :'(

(unsigned)  >:D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.: Have we thoroughly wrung the daylights out of this thread yet?   ;D

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 10:39:01 PM by lex »
?The longer I live                the more I learn                  how little I know.?              ---William Hawkes Park

?Nature has made up her mind that       what cannot defend itself       shall not be defended.?           ---Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline planetaryjim

• Needs To Get Out More
  • I am not a part of your empire.
    • The Indomitus Report
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 11:06:40 PM »
Dear Mr. Allen,

I am going to stand by my words.  What I do with my life and my property is my business.

It is, in my view, valid to say, "none of your business."  And it is high time that people stop snooping into what their neighbors are doing.  It is high time that the government stop spying on Americans.  It is high time that people took "none of your business" seriously. 

If I want to buy some land, build a swimming pool, put up a fence, tear down a fence, move a trailer, drive a Jeep, go off roading, ride a horse, plant a garden, watch a horned toad, climb a mountain, swim a river, or sit naked in my office examining the lint in my navel, it is nobody's business but my own.  And if you cannot think of seventeen things that you don't want everyone else to tell you how to do, I'd be surprised.

The reason I'm attracted to Wyoming is that it has fewer neighbors, they are more spread apart, and it has less government.  Fewer total people are in government, and there are broad areas of the economy that are unregulated in Wyoming which are thoroughly (and foolishly) regulated elsewhere.  There are fewer people inclined to mind their neighbor's business, even fewer who are so inclined who are taken seriously.

As John says, I want change.  I want a better place to live.  I'm willing to work at it.  I'm happy to help my neighbors.

No, I don't mean that I am free to trash the countryside, harm others, steal, or vandalize.  I've no interest in doing any of those things; I abhor such behavior; and I have the decency to take action against what I see of such things. 

One of the changes I'd like to see is more people saying, "That isn't any of my business."  I shouldn't have to tell anyone else that my private affairs are mine, and mine alone.  People who were decent would perceive it already, and neither inquire nor snoop. 

It is entirely possible that Wyoming is not the perfect place for me.  The universe is large.  I'm quite happy getting away from it all.  If I cannot do that in Wyoming because some Republican majority in the legislature demands that I worship God their way, urinate in a specimen bottle every week to make sure I'm not taking the wrong sort of herbal supplements, pass a field sobriety test every 20 miles, pay higher taxes so the children of Republicans can have a free "education" (indoctrination) learning to hate muslims and despise science, then I'm willing to examine whether it is possible to get rid of such bizarre tyrants through organization, resistance, or other means.

"Why should I trade one tyrant three thousand miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away?  An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a king does." - Mel Gibson "The Patriot"

Wyoming may be a staging ground for better things in better places.  I certainly like the idea of lower gravity on the Moon or Mars.  And your mileage may vary.

When the USA was founded, the Continental currency had the slogan, "Mind your business," on every note.  I think that's a fine motto.  (About the only thing worthwhile about that Continental money was the slogan.) 

Americans seem to have lost touch with a lot of the ideas of the founding fathers who fought the Revolutionary War and signed the Declaration of Independence.  May God help them, Americans have lost touch with the limits to power set in place by the framers of the constitution.  Clearly, given the tyranny under which we suffer, there were some major design flaws.

Wyoming is going to change.  It has been a truism for thousands of years that no one can step into the same stream twice - for both the stream and the man change with every heartbeat.

Whether Wyoming changes for the better is up to the people who make it their home.

Regards,

Jim
 http://hisovs.org/
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 11:10:33 PM by planetaryjim »
My long posts make some think I'm a key figure in FSW.  I'm not. I'm not an officer nor a leader.  I'm just this guy.  I think FSW is a great idea, & defend & promote it as I'm able.   Assuming that anyone agrees w/me is mistaken. Your bad results from your poor assumptions are your responsibility.

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2007, 09:33:44 AM »
I'm all for telling bureaucrats to mind their own business. In fact it is one of the most effective arguments for "non-compliant" homeschooling - it's none of the government's business (see Wyoming constitution for confirmation of this). And I think "mind your own business" also fits in well with the general Wyoming culture.

But I think it is a mistake to go on about changing things for the better, when you haven't even demonstrated that you can stop things changing for the worse. For one thing it excites the opposition of people like freewyo - when you could have them on your side merely by emphasizing you want to stop things from changing. Does it matter that freewyo et. al. oppose us? Maybe not; we are going to move here anyway. But if enough of that opposition gets posted here, eventually it may discourage freedom-seekers from moving here - which won't help John's or Jim's aims at all, will it?

I'm not saying give up on the idea of increasing freedom. It's just a matter of emphasis, and of timing. I want freedom as much as you guys, but we have to find the most effective path to get it. First things first...

The other issue is credibility. If you can't even stop a tax hike in Crook County for some completely BS project, what does that say about your ability to improve things?

The best defense is often a GREAT offense.

Yes, that is an argument for John/Jim's side. But let's face is, you have no offense with 9 people. There is a time and place for everything. Now is the time for integrating into the community, and if possible putting roadblocks in the way of advancing tyranny.
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline lunghd

• What? You've lost your liberty? *doh!*
    • Another Freakin' Jeep Cherokee Website
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 03:36:14 PM »
Paul - Thanks for summing it up so eloquently.  :)

I was beginning to think I was the only one who caught the spirit of what FreeWyo was trying to say. It's obvious that my poor efforts at explaining where I thought he was coming from wasn't getting across the way I hoped.

FreeWyo - I hope you're still there buddy. I see Wyoming as the model for changing AMERICA... not the model for turning Wyoming into (insert home state name here). A few years down the road when I end up there - pull up a chair & you can make fun of my accent. I twon't mind tatta'bit.   ;)

If it ain't broke; DON'T fix it. This includes Wyoming.

535    thieves in Congress each stealing 1FRN from you.
   1    thief promises to "bring home" 60% of your 1FRN.
----   -- ---------------------
534.4 FRN in their pocket - .60 in yours. Explain how that's a good deal again.

Offline bobcat

• FSW Rifleman
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2007, 02:48:56 PM »
FreeWyo's comments were made from an ill informed perspective.  As such, it is hard to take them seriously.  Maybe just venting?  or just taking potshots?  (no offense Potshot ;) McMansionitis?

If FreeWyo will take the time to get to know a few of us via the forum and some of the WY residents, I think he/she will begin to understand that FSW'rs are the folks that FreeWyo would WANT to have in WY to help battle govco and preserve WY traditions and it's way(s) of life.

To FreeWyo:  I think you will find that we are the folks you WANT to have populate the state and battle intrusive local, state and federal gubmint.  We are the LAST folks that want to see Income Tax (gag) or any other 'add on tax' of any form. 

Having personally met several of the folks on the forum, I can tell you we are predominately independent, hard working, family oriented, boot strap types.  We are the LAST people to show up and want welfare, as most of us loathe it.  We would much rather help folks on an as needed and PRIVATE basis.

You are telling the wrong folks to stay 'home'.  If you choose not to return to the forum or meet any of us, we'll realize you were just venting and sadly, there is little veracity behind your words.  If you have returned and are reading this, please take the time to get to know us...
Bobcat  

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin
"Citizenship is not a spectator sport"  -K Denninger

Prairie Fire

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2007, 06:27:25 PM »
The joke's on us.  It looks as if FreeWyo has spent about sixteen minutes on this board.  This from the registration time, to time of last activity.  All on July 29.  He had to type pretty fast to do all that original crossposting....or maybe he knows how to cut and paste.  My hat is off to him, I can't.  Learned once, though, the lesson lasted about a week.

If trolls ever become worthy of recoginition here, I'd nominate FreeWyo for the gold-plated award.  He's had some great effect, from a tiny effort on his part. 

Offline bobcat

• FSW Rifleman
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2007, 07:41:09 PM »
Agreed PF. 

Realizing the troll may not be back, others may read this which is why I even bothered.

We've got some sincere, heartfelt reasons for believing in EACH OTHER.  So, there was benefit in this little exercise, even if it was started by a 'troll'...

Bobcat  

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin
"Citizenship is not a spectator sport"  -K Denninger

Offline lex

• FSW Rifleman
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2007, 09:59:36 AM »

"Let?s all get a cool one (or whatever does it for you) and  be the sort of
neighbor you?d want to have move in next door to you"

"nominate FreeWyo for the gold-plated award.  He's had some great effect"

"We've got some sincere, heartfelt reasons for believing in EACH OTHER.  So, there
was benefit in this little exercise"

+1

Lex  ~W~

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2007, 02:03:26 PM »
The joke's on us.

Actually I think the joke's on freewyo, even if he is a troll, because he created a pretty useful thread.  :)
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline Paul W. Allen

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 09:34:56 AM »
 ??? My only question is why does Jim always think I'm picking on him?  :o
True freedom is only found through self reliance.

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
    • Richard's tech pages and GPG public key
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 10:29:08 AM »
??? My only question is why does Jim always think I'm picking on him?  :o

Wow, I had to go way back to find the context on this...  (Jim, if you reply to a specific post four days and twenty-five posts ago, please consider that some of us might benefit if you quoted the relevant parts of the original post.  Just a polite request...)

My reading is that you (Paul) wrote a statement of how things are:
Saying that it is none of your business is not a valid argument. That is just not how Wyoming works.

And then Jim wrote how things "should be":
It is, in my view, valid to say, "none of your business."

Okay, that's fine.  Speaking for myself, I agree with both of you.  There is NO contradiction whatsoever here.  One states how things are, the other states how things should be.  There is no argument here, because you are speaking of two completely different things.
Get my GPG/PGP public key at: http://www.hodges.org/rh/public_rhodges.asc
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2007, 08:58:26 PM »
from Paul:
Yes, that is an argument for John/Jim's side. But let's face is, you have no offense with 9 people. There is a time and place for everything. Now is the time for integrating into the community, and if possible putting roadblocks in the way of advancing tyranny.

Hear, hear!

________
Before a suspected troll's (only) thread goes into 4 pages, I'm locking it.
We've covered enough ground on the matter here.
Thank you all for your input.

Boston

[/color]