Author Topic: What makes a "Wyoming person"?  (Read 33652 times)

Offline Kelly

• FSW Member, in Wyoming
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: What makes a "Wyoming person"?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 10:59:25 AM »
Mark:  You might consider sharing that, or writing it anew and sending along to the new paper, Liberty's Torch.

It's worthy of reprint, reposting, twittering, etc., as much as possible.

Thanks,
Kelly
The guy banging on the door said,"Alcohol, tobacco, firearms." I thought he was bringing more supplies.

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 12:31:05 PM »
Mark:  You might consider sharing that, or writing it anew and sending along to the new paper, Liberty's Torch.

It's worthy of reprint, reposting, twittering, etc., as much as possible.

Thanks,
Kelly

http://www.libertystorch.us/index.asp

The website is a little lame... but he's working on it.

editor@libertystorch.us

Send them any copy you like. They're always happy to talk to freedom folks. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline montygarlic

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Once upon a time....
    • Garlic Head
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 10:24:01 AM »
Mr. Spungin's article defining a 'Wyoming Person' is one to warm the cockles of any true liberty-lovers heart.  And the links to the newspaper's website are also helpful.

It's great to have this forum as a resource for those looking to live free among like-minded folks.  Overall, the Rocky Mountain West is better than the rest of this nation, and being able to focus in on some of the realities of life in Wyoming make it more attractive - to me , at least.

My wife struggled a bit with reading "Molon Labe"  - it is not something she would have selected on her own.  She's not opposed to its message or content, just accustomed to reading novels of her own choosing for pleasure/entertainment in the evening (we don't watch TV other than VHS or DVD's)  I can't blame her.  She works 8 hours per day as a bookkeeper/office manager for a weekly newpaper here.

Anyways, I cannot help but wonder of Mark Spurgin and Gary Marbut (Pres of MSSA) are good friends.  They certainly seem to be kindred souls.
I'll have to ask Gary after this Montana Legislative session ends.  Just now he has his hands full herding cats in Helena.

FWIW,

mg
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Offline montygarlic

• Once upon a time....
    • Garlic Head
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 10:34:59 AM »
Ooops.  Spoke too soon.

As you are all undoubtedly aware, Liberty's Torch (and its website) are no longer operating since December 2012.

Is there a weekly or daily newspaper in Wyoming that someone here would be willing to recommend?

Thanks,

mg

Offline guernsey rifleman

• FSW Rifleman
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 10:43:46 AM »
If you liked "What is a Wyoming person" you will surely like my Wyoming novel Neither Predator Nor Prey www.neitherpredatornorprey.com    If you dislike thuggish roadblocks, you will really, really enjoy how real Wyoming people in NPNP deal with them. Looking forward to seeing you and yours in Wyoming.

Offline montygarlic

• Once upon a time....
    • Garlic Head
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 10:58:07 AM »
If you liked "What is a Wyoming person" you will surely like my Wyoming novel Neither Predator Nor Prey www.neitherpredatornorprey.com    If you dislike thuggish roadblocks, you will really, really enjoy how real Wyoming people in NPNP deal with them. Looking forward to seeing you and yours in Wyoming.

Thanks!  Just ordered a copy.  Looks like a good read. 

So... are you and Gary pals?  Just curious, none of my business of course.  But as the old saying goes, "Any friend of his (Gary Marbut), is a friend of mine."

mg

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 11:42:37 AM »
For Sundance:
www.sundancetimes.com
Once a week. View it on Thurs. It takes a day or two to get all the articles up.

Gillette:
http://gillettenewsrecord.com/
Daily

Casper:
http://trib.com/
Daily. I call it the Red Star Tribune. More liberal bias here (and the comment) than you'll find in places like NV where I used to live!

What makes a Wyoming person?
Maybe choosing to live in an area free (as possible) from regulations/zoning/covenants, knowing full well that the responsibility for clearing your 2 miles of road after a snowstorm so FedEx can get in with your wife's critical overnight medical prescription, falls on you, and even though you are feeling under the weather due to recent surgery, you suck it up and get 'r done. Now I can sit here and rest feeling good about my accomplishment.

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline Terence

• McGillespie.com
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 11:56:25 AM »
What makes a Wyoming person?
Maybe choosing to live in an area free (as possible) from regulations/zoning/covenants, knowing full well that the responsibility for clearing your 2 miles of road after a snowstorm so FedEx can get in with your wife's critical overnight medical prescription, falls on you, and even though you are feeling under the weather due to recent surgery, you suck it up and get 'r done. Now I can sit here and rest feeling good about my accomplishment.

Mac

Now that's creative writing in vivid detail, Mac.  Unless, of course, you're the guy who did all that.  In that case I'd say
you're a really Wyoming Person!

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline montygarlic

• Once upon a time....
    • Garlic Head
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 01:14:37 PM »
Thanks to all who've responded, including Seniortech who provided the link to the blog: http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/

You folks are fine neighbors, even when the 'hood is only Cyberspace.

mg