Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1640 times)

Offline idahobob

• Social Type
Introduction
« on: December 07, 2007, 10:24:12 AM »
Good morning, all. I have been reading the forum for a while, and thought that I would give a short intro of myself.
Was born and raised in SoCal back when it was small towns, orange groves and dairy farms. I was totally ruined towards large communities when my father moved us to a small town in NorCal where the favorite pastimes were riding horses, camping, hunting and fishing. Since that time, one of my cousins has accused me that every time I move, I move further back into the mountains. :)
I escaped the PRK in '73 and migrated around in Washington and Oregon.
In '90, I was wandering and wandered into Wyoming. Teton County. Ended up being a camp cook for an outfitter and did that 'till '99. Tough life, riding horses, packing mules, going camping hunting and fishing and getting paid for it. Thought that I had died and gone to heaven. Lived in Teton, Park and Fremont counties.
I left Wyoming in '99 due to having to deal the the VA ( a whole 'nother story).
I am currently in North Central Idaho, with the intention of moving myself and my bride of the last 2 1/2 years back to Wyoming.
'Nuff for now
Idahobob
How to overthrow the system: brew your own beer; kick in your Tee Vee; kill your own beef; build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it. -- Edward Abbey

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 10:49:13 AM »
Welcome, Bob! We'd love to get acquainted with your bride as well. :) Please consider joining us at the '08 Jamboree, of course, but if possible don't wait that long to come meet us. Let us know about when/where you plan to travel through Wyoming and you'll no doubt find all kinds of opportunities and hospitality waiting for you here.

Please come by to visit and share a meal with me if you manage to come anywhere near Newcastle, in the north east part of the state. PM for contact information.

I always have the coffee on! :) MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »
Bob,
Great story. I'm always amazed at the diversity of jobs in this country. Things I would never have even thought of. My career of 30 years was engineering, working for various companies from very large to very small. Pretty mainstream stuff. Nothing at all like your experience.

Yet now I'm living in Wyoming. Living my dream as well. The PRK is also fading into a memory. If you're ever in the Crook County area look me up. There are many of us around this area who would like to meet you.

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 08:56:10 AM »
Howdy Idahobob,  Glad to have you here.
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785