Author Topic: Another newbie  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Cara Chase

Another newbie
« on: November 13, 2008, 05:09:39 PM »
I joined this forum a few weeks ago and have been trying to figure out what to say ever since...
We are a homeschooling family, new to guns and such (just bought our first two a few days ago) learning about survival, preparedness, etc.  The family includes my husband David, me, two girls 10 & 12, 4 cats and 2 raccoons, plus my mom (who is not entirely enthused to have her retirement (read "sedentary life") interrupted.  ;)
We are planning to move to Wyoming in the next two years.  We are currently trying to decide if we should wait for my husband to finish his LPN (18 months) or find a place and move now, try for a job with the mines or a hospital there (he is an Medical Assistant) and go to school as he can.
We are looking at the possibility of moving with some friends who are very like-minded and sharing a nice piece of property.  We both homeschool and our children are friends, same church, etc.
I am really enjoying and learning from the posts here.
Hope to meet a few of you in the future.  Any input, thoughts, etc is very welcome.

Offline Chris

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
Re: Another newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 05:27:25 PM »
Welcome Cara!

I'm not there yet, but my wife & I are shooting on moving within the next year.

Stick around & snoop around, & don't be afraid to ask questions. We're glad to have you.

Chris

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.<br />-Unknown

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 07:40:32 PM »
Well howdy Cara Chase glad you are here!  18 months to an LPN ? that is a tough one. Have you checked out any LPN programs in Wyoming where he could get that degree? I would think that piece of paper might be worth having if you can swing it?  What part of Wyoming are you all looking at moving to ?
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline Cara Chase

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 08:40:42 PM »
We would like to come to Crook county, as we are told that there are good mining jobs around Gillette.  We have another family that has decided to come to Wyoming also, and we are considering sharing a nice piece of property.  The husband is also in the medical field.
Their target date to leave Florida is April/May and we would like to move at the same time to share the cost, so we will probably be checking into classes there.
So far we are having a hard time finding land for a good price, with trees.
Cara