Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 1662 times)

Offline donnie-paul

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • "I aim to misbehave" Malcom Reynolds, Serenity
Hello Everyone
« on: December 25, 2008, 10:55:10 AM »
I've lived in New York State all my life and have been smoldering for a long time at the quixotic (attacking windmills) methods used to change anything here. We in our small upstate county think things should be one way and the 8 million people in NYC out vote us everytime.

I was a drunk for 35 years and have been sober for three. Towards the end of the 35 year drunk, I purchased a Liquor store and operated (managed it for the state) the store for about 5 years.

Free alcohol & drunks aren't a good combination it turns out, as I was drinking a Quart of Tequila a day before the whole thing imploded. Arrested for DWI and put on probation for three years, losing the store, and about to lose a very important woman. I came to realize from inside the haze that something had to change.

Turns out it was me!

I was a member of the FSP (luking most of the time), but it just doesn't seem to be right. Not that they are not wonderful people. I feel as though I will have the freindships I made at the first porkfest forever! I just feel drawn more this way than that way.

I still owe a bunch of people money from collapse of my business and I am working everyday to try to pay what I owe. As things work out, I will be closer and closer to moving to Wyoming.

Thanx

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles
"Of course, secession will be necessary. We can't have the feds telling us what to do. Bad enough that after secession, the states will still want to do the same thing"  Paul Bonneau STR

Offline Seniortech

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 11:02:12 AM »
Hey Donnie-paul, welcome to the forum.   Glad to have you. 
Of course you aren't the first one to have problems to overcome.  Welcome to that club too.
Stay tuned and come visit sometime.

Seniortech
Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
A. Einstein

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 09:24:38 PM »
Howdy donnie-paul, and welcome. Ever been out west? Come see us when you get caught up.
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline donnie-paul

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • "I aim to misbehave" Malcom Reynolds, Serenity
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 08:53:31 AM »
Howdy donnie-paul, and welcome. Ever been out west? Come see us when you get caught up.

My very limited exposuse to the west was most  enjoyable!
I spent a week in tuscon az. and three days each in reno nv. and laughlin az. We drove from LAX to laughlin to las vegas and back to Lax in those three days.

It was mostly tourist stuff in population centers. The best was out in the sonora desert!

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles
"Of course, secession will be necessary. We can't have the feds telling us what to do. Bad enough that after secession, the states will still want to do the same thing"  Paul Bonneau STR