Author Topic: New to FSW  (Read 5184 times)

Offline HardwareHank

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
Re: New to FSW
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 12:54:59 PM »
I knew an organic farmer in a Portland suburb who had to deal with a dead horse (on only about 10 or 15 acres!). He pushed a bunch of mulch over the carcass, then turned his chickens loose in the area. They gobbled up the maggots that crawled out of the pile. Chickens and flies took care of that whole horse, except the bones... 

We used to do something along that line when I was a kid... We took an old rabbit hutch with a wire floor and whenever we had a turkey that we had to dispose of, we'd toss it in the cage and let the flies do the rest. The maggots would fall through the wire floor and onto the ground. Made great protien intake for the flock.

"If'n George Washington was alive today... he'd buy two things... a rifle and a roadmap to Washington DC"

Offline longrifle

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 12:28:33 PM »
It's been awhile since I've been able to get on here. I am headed home on leave and am Wyoming bound, if only for a couple of weeks. Hope to see some of you at Newcastle at the Appleseed.

Yours in Liberty,
Longrifle

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 01:08:54 PM »
Fantastic!!

Anyone coming to the Appleseed is welcome to camp at my place. I have about 2 acres of more or less level ground, a nice fire ring and water available. RV and campers ok too. Save a motel fee and have a good time with the gang here.

We'll have a campfire meal on Saturday night, pot luck style. If you can't bring food, bring something to drink and/or munchies.

First come, first pick of campsite.

All firearms, carry methods welcome and encouraged. But no shooting on the property unless you are attacked.

No open fires other than provided fire ring. Camp stoves ok.

Dogs or other critters must be on leash or otherwise contained/under control. Remember that if they bother the neighbors, they can be shot without warning.

PM for directions to my place. Smiley
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline biathlon

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 04:20:10 PM »
Welcome to FSW longrifle. I spent some time in the big green machine too. I can testify to the extent and welcome at Mama Libertys place as I camped there at last years Appleseed. What a hoot! ;D I will prolly be at Riskys shoot as I'm a brand new Instructor in Training but hope to meet you soon. I'm in Laramie so in'n ya git down this way look me up. ;D

Offline MamaLiberty

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 05:22:20 PM »
Oh no Biathlon! You are not coming to the Newcastle Appleseed? Boo hoo..... :(

We'll be sorry not to have you with us. But have fun! :)

Offline longrifle

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 09:34:49 PM »
I"M HERE!!!!

Good to be home!
Hope to meet some of you while I'm home.

Mama, Are you gonna be at the Appleseed?

Offline MamaLiberty

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 05:41:29 AM »
Yes indeed, I'll be there! Where are you? You coming to supper tonight at the campfire? 7 PM, my place. Hope to see you then.

Offline longrifle

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 12:17:49 AM »
i just wanted to say thank you to all that I met in Newcastle at the Appleseed. My kids and I had a great time and felt right at home. I hope to stay in touch and to meet again when I get back from Iraq.

Yours in Liberty,
Wes (longrifle)

Offline MamaLiberty

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 06:26:15 AM »
It was great to have you all here too! Keep your head down and come home safe soon. We'll be here. :)

Offline colonial shooter

• FSW Rifleman
  • RWVA Senior Instructor, NRA Life, 4H instructor
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 06:34:52 AM »
LR great to have met you. I agree with what ML says keep your head down and get home safe,  bring those boys home safely too.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana