Author Topic: jeffersonforum.net  (Read 7944 times)

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Social Type
    • nhliberty.org
jeffersonforum.net
« on: April 07, 2009, 03:06:39 PM »
jeffersonforum.net , city-data.com , bureaucrash, facebook, and other websites are great places to recruit potential movers.  A lot of the folks we're finding are discovering New Hampshire and other projects online this way.  Even a few posts here and there (or putting fundamentalsoffreedom.com in your email and forum signatures) helps bring more people into the effort.  Better to have them move to one of the free state/town projects than the waste their energies at home yelling at the TV.
nhliberty.org Learn how to affect legislation to make your own state freer.

Offline Danl

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
Re: jeffersonforum.net
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 03:44:57 PM »
I like and already practice it.......!

Regards, Danl ~W~
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 07:07:21 AM »
I have already been banned from city-data once for posting a "competing website" so now I do it through PM's if I get to talking with someone who might fit in Wyoming.
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 01:07:19 PM »
The FSP mines these networks for potential Porcers.
They estimate their cost to achieve a signed participant at $100@.
That seems high to me.

FSWers can do the same, on their own, for likely much, much less.

Boston

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Social Type
    • nhliberty.org
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 09:43:44 PM »
I've been recruiting potential movers to Wyoming, and don't feel ashamed.  I'm not a salesman for Wyoming (living in New Hampsha), but if I can't get someone to move here, I talk to them about Wyoming--have been for a few years, now.  In fact, since I ship out of the west coast, I think I've had more success talking to folks about Wyoming than New Hampshire.  Most people, at this point, will consider one or the other, but few would move to either state.

On this side of the Mississippi, some folks still view FSW as competition for movers, but I've never seen any studies that uphold that.

If jeffersonforum.net will attract Ron Paul supporters and liberty lovers, that's great.  If that results in a few new movers to each state, that's fantastic.  All of these resources are at our disposal to attract new movers to one of the two great states.  I've simply found that hitting lots of websites helps reach more people.  I've never been flagged for putting a forum, link, or even an advertisement, in my signature.  The sig shows up right in line with the discussion, and a catchy catch phrase generally garners some interest and views.  Of those folks migrating around the country each year, if we could win just .1% of those folks, that would be enough to tip the scales in favor of success for both states.

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Social Type
    • nhliberty.org
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 07:42:27 PM »
The FSP mines these networks for potential Porcers.
They estimate their cost to achieve a signed participant at $100@.
That seems high to me.

FSWers can do the same, on their own, for likely much, much less.

Boston

I think that Seth said (heard it second hand) that he's got it down to about $80 per new signer, which seems pretty spendy to me.  The Next 1,000 has 154 signers as of this writing, and we've never spent even $300 on advertising since inception--maybe $500 if you count jeffersonforum.net and such.

Speaking of which, we've added a Board to jeffersonforum.net specifically for Wyoming, and a few child boards for other topics, there.  We've even added weighted-average polling and a few other features there for those interested in that kind of thing.  jf.n is a site intended for members of different liberty migration efforts around the country to share information and strategies.  It could also become handy in organizing national level activism (defeating bad bills in Congress, presidential primaries, national marches, etc).  Please check it out and let me know if there's anything that folks here would like to see on that web site (front page, blog, calendar, etc...)

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Social Type
    • nhliberty.org
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 06:01:31 PM »
I have already been banned from city-data once for posting a "competing website" so now I do it through PM's if I get to talking with someone who might fit in Wyoming.

What?  I just noticed this post.  That doesn't sound like something that city-data would do... I'm quite surprised.  Well, the thing to do is to post website url's in your sig so that lots of people will see it.  They can't really blame you for putting fundamentalsoffreedom.com/forum in your signature, can they?

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 12:54:56 PM »
Yep , it only lasted for ten days though. So maybe banned was the wrong word , I was restricted from using the site.

From the email they sent me.

"Reason: Rules violation ( moved to restricted group for 10 days)
-------
Spamming with competitors forum link"

I haven't had time to get over there for a while but may have to see if I can modify my sig line.
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785