Author Topic: My visit to Newcastle area  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Kelly

• FSW Member, in Wyoming
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
My visit to Newcastle area
« on: June 01, 2009, 07:09:54 PM »
To you lucky folks who already live in WY, I'm envious!  I just returned from my first trip to your beautiful state and I was blown away.  I was also fortunate enough to meet 3 FSW'ers and, again, was blown away by the genuine warmth and friendliness of everyone.  Perfect strangers inviting me into their homes!?!?  Unheard of in my current city of residence (nor would I consider it; being unarmed!).  ;-)

To you folks who have never been to WY, I can't recommend it enough.  Even the townsfolks in Newcastle exceeded my expectations with their warmth.  As to the landscape, I cannot do justice to the beauty of the place with words, so here are a few pics I took this weekend (my first time inserting images...hope it works!):

( ;-) just kidding!)

I left with a feeling of dread at having to come back to the East coast (where the state police have begun randomly walking about in public facilities with a German Shepherd and wearing riot gear for no apparent reason).  Hopefully all of the moving parts of my life will fall into place so I can confidently make a decision to move this year.

In the meantime, thank you for your hospitality and for this forum.

Kelly

The guy banging on the door said,"Alcohol, tobacco, firearms." I thought he was bringing more supplies.

Offline Kelly

• FSW Member, in Wyoming
The guy banging on the door said,"Alcohol, tobacco, firearms." I thought he was bringing more supplies.

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: My visit to Newcastle area
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 07:49:45 AM »
I'm so glad you came, Kelly! Please keep in touch, and come back as soon as you can. :) The pictures were marvelous!!
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 07:56:12 AM »
Kelly,
Nice photos. Glad you enjoyed the visit.
I see you framed your pictures by beginning with the presidents carved in rock at Mt. Rushmore, and finishing with a picture of Obama (#29). Or was that a turkey vulture? Hard to tell! Turkey, vulture, Obama. Pretty much the same.  >:D

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline Big Ugly

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 09:45:30 AM »
How dare you malign the poor Cathartes aura!
What has this poor creature ever done to you?
Do you realize that, if not for this creature, there would be even more piles of rotting, festering, carrion lying about?
Perhaps we should capture, crate, and ship to DC, a few of these wonderfully efficient birds?

But .... to place this 'noble' (relatively) bird in the same category as The Usurper Obama is, in my most considered opinion, shameful at best.

Truly, though this bird feeds on carrion and garbage, it is at least, not the generator of same, as are those creatures inhabiting the region of DC.

In the future, I would appreciate a little more respect for this, most efficient, living, waste disposal system. Pray that this poor creature need never feed upon the likes of Obama, lest it's natural immunity to infection be overcome in the process.

With respect (and tongue in cheek), and not without a bit of frivolity,
Big Ugly
Clean them,<br />Load them,<br />Keep them near at hand.<br />Remember Capt. Parker.<br /><br />\\\"Les hommes sages n\\\'ont pas besoin conseil. Idiots ne le prendront pas.\\\"

Offline Big Ugly

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 09:49:45 AM »
By the way, Kelly, nice pictures!

Have you ever asked these 'battle ready' "Peace" officers with dogs what their purpose was?

If so, what was their reply?

Be safe!
Clean them,<br />Load them,<br />Keep them near at hand.<br />Remember Capt. Parker.<br /><br />\\\"Les hommes sages n\\\'ont pas besoin conseil. Idiots ne le prendront pas.\\\"

Offline Kelly

• FSW Member, in Wyoming
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 11:18:52 AM »
By the way, Kelly, nice pictures! 
Thank you, Sir! 

Have you ever asked these 'battle ready' "Peace" officers with dogs what their purpose was? 
No, but not for lack of wanting.  I took in their attitude and figured I'd end up face down on the floor and dragged in for questioning.  I just got Boston's 'You and the Police' (thanks Mama Liberty!!) so once I read that, and if I see the turds again, perhaps I'll ask.

If so, what was their reply? 
Stay tuned!   >:D

Be safe! 
Thank you!

Offline Sharon Claire

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 12:58:54 PM »
Beautiful pictures! Adding it to my list of areas to check out in person on our trip back to Wyoming. Thanks for sharing