Author Topic: Open-carry vacation to Wyoming  (Read 6691 times)

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
  • FSW friend. In Wyoming.
    • Freedom Feens!
Re: Open-carry vacation to Wyoming
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 10:43:20 AM »

Do you want to share any figures as to how many visitors you get every day?

Well, it varies. But here's the current views so far on my open carry posts:
Day two: 405 views
Day three: 290 views
Day one: 254 views
Day four: 213 views
Day five and six: 132 views
Day six and seven won't be up until tomorrow. My stats are every 24 hours, I am too lazy to configure on-the-fly awstats.

Stuff I do tends to have a very long tail, because it gets picked up other places. For instance, DJ and I only have about 100 subscribers to our podcast, Radio Free Nestlandia
http://www.nestlandia.com/
But all the episodes that have been out a few months have over a thousand downloads.

An early example of the stuff getting re-blogged, this UK site has blogged my blogging, (with a photo of me with a gun in front of a Subway in Wyoming)
http://forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4263&start=51930
The UK people, who cannot own guns, seem a little mind blown by open carry. (Probably think "that's what's wrong with America!" lol....)

Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 10:55:08 AM »

I think that you have tapped a whole new demographic for the FSW, well done.
Artists, film folk, and rockers, are often, at heart, Liberty oriented.

Well, they also tend to be liberals! But I "get them", I was that way. Many artist are really into liberty, but vote democrat because they don't know better. I can convert them though, because I was like them. I can sit down to coffee with them, and speak "one man to another", as a peer, and explain why democrats are destroying America, and they'll get it, if they have it in them.

I know a lot of people. Probably literally more than 5000 people. And a lot of people "know me" who I haven't met yet.

But I'm pretty picky with who I'm telling "you should move here." I have one conservative friend who may move here for college, and she is a championship archer, and used to be an archery teacher. But I have warned her about the weather. She's only ever lived in Puerto Rico, Florida and SoCal. She might shiver to death here.

I'm really working on one friend, my friend Mark in New Jersey. He's from Oklahoma, owns "a few too many guns" and says "I bow to no government." (Then what the fark is he doing living in Newark?!) He's hard working and owns his own business (T-shirt printing company). He really should be here. He's a great artist too. He's a great painter, does psychedelic Western art. His heroes are John Wayne and the Sex Pistols. He should be here.

I feel odd talking about recruiting migration when I don't even live her yet. But my heart already lives here, I'm just not getting my mail here yet.

BUT! - - - DJ is ironing her clothes in the hotel room right now for a JOB INTERVIEW TODAY WITH A LAW FIRM in CASPER! Yay! So, maybe I'll be a resident pretty soon, if things go well.

Wish her goodness with the interview!

MWD

"PRAY FOR AMERICA"
marquee in front of store in Casper.
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 11:06:55 AM »
typo correct:

He owns "a few too many guns"

should be

He owns "a few dozen too many guns"

(and I know you cannot ever own too many. I'm quoting someone else on here who once said of themselves "I own a few dozen too many guns." Don't remember who it was, but I like it.

I hope to someday.
Here's me yesterday afternoon, dreaming and saying "excellent...."

Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline colonial shooter

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • RWVA Senior Instructor, NRA Life, 4H instructor
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 12:44:15 PM »
Those sure are real nice gear holders. Maybe some positions shots for the next pics....LOL
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 10:13:02 AM »
Last two days, up now. Us  sadly going back to California up now (some stunning photos of Utah and Colorado - with snow - in there too, and the open carry dinner with FSW folks in Cheyenne):

http://www.stinkfight.com/2009/06/13/open-carry-vacation-to-wyoming-day-8-9-and-10-end-of-trip/

Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 10:27:08 AM »
Those sure are real nice gear holders. Maybe some positions shots for the next pics....LOL

k.

Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »
So did you guys find a place to settle in Wyoming?
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 06:23:41 PM »
We've picked Casper, renting in town at least through first winter. Can move July 15th., will simply then be a matter of finding a place that will take two smokers with three cats.

MWD
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 07:49:05 PM »
Two smokers? Just wait until the FDA gets a hold of you! They'll have a national ban on renting apartments to people "like you". You'll have to pay for people in white sterile suits to come out and "decontaminate" your living quarters. You won't be able to smoke within 1,000 miles of any school!

Glad you guys had so much fun coming out here. Kinda like a trip thru Disney's Fantasy Land, huh?

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 08:08:10 PM »

Glad you guys had so much fun coming out here. Kinda like a trip thru Disney's Fantasy Land, huh?

Mac

You'd have to ask DJ. I've never been to it!

Was hella fun meeting you and hanging out.

MWD
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline socalserf

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman RWVA Instructor
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 10:08:18 PM »

Was hella fun meeting you and hanging out.

MWD

Don't start that Cartman!

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 10:15:19 PM »
Where's my cheesie-poofs?!

Anti-war, pro-gun.