Author Topic: Introducing Me!  (Read 7261 times)

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
Re: Introducing Me!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 12:17:22 PM »
Howdy Hi-oopi, Glad to have you on the forum and with the FSW.
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline Hi-oopi

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • "Flower kissed by the sun"
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 02:14:26 PM »
Howdy Hi-oopi, Glad to have you on the forum and with the FSW.

Thanks for having me  ;D
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry

Offline Andrew

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 02:25:42 PM »
Welcome to our humble boards!

So, have you guys picked a date yet?    ;D

I'm honored to have met you during your first "date" with Colonial... nice shooting... keep up the good work!   Hope that Colonial is learnin' you to be a Rifleperson as well.

Hope to see ya'll soon!   Maybe we should meet for dinner sometime.   Say half way between Sheridan and Casper... like Kaycee... anywhere to eat in Kaycee?

Offline Hi-oopi

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 02:36:44 PM »
Hello again Count!! :D

Why are you so interested in us picking a date? GOT A COUPLE BETS GOING... so I heard ...

Thanks for the compliment in my shooting, still have my target, with all your holes in it  ;D. Showed it to my boss and had to explain that I wasn't that bad, but someone else was shooting intentionally in the corners! LOL! 

He is learning me pretty hard to be a Rifle-lover.  I guess I am pretty persuaded already to be one.  Not to mention that Biathlon and CS both made me answer the question... "what is a pistol for?"   Apparently I haven't read that Boston book yet, but I'm working on ML atm. 

Exxon doesn't have that good of hot dogs in Kaycee so apparently we are going to come up there and maybe meet you in Buffalo? or something like that.  How does that sound? "His wife isn't exempt from dinner"  quoting CS himself. Just call him and make some plans.

Nice to talk to you again!

~Hi-oopi
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry

Offline Andrew

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 03:24:42 PM »
so apparently we are going to come up there and maybe meet you in Buffalo?
If you come that far you might as well make it the extra 25 minutes into Sheridan.   Although, Buffalo does have Winchester Steakhouse... yummm...  Probably going to have to get a job before I can go back there.

Regardless, sounds like a plan.  We can call it a pre-engagement dinner  ;)

Offline Hi-oopi

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 07:12:21 AM »
If you come that far you might as well make it the extra 25 minutes into Sheridan. 

We will see! I wouldn't mind, I haven't seen much of Wyoming since I've been here. When I went to Douglas that was my second outing, Riverton being my first.

Although, Buffalo does have Winchester Steakhouse...

I haven't been to a "good" steak house since Texas Longhorns in Missouri.  I miss Lambert's too!  It's hard to find a really good dinner place here in Casper.  Just makes me want to cook at home more!

See ya around Count!

~Hi-oopi

Offline MANUMIT

• Needs To Get Out More
  • A Free-Market Individualist Family Man, In Wyoming
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 08:01:16 AM »
I haven't been to a "good" steak house since Texas Longhorns in Missouri....

ROTHFLMAO   :o :o

You're not setting the bar very high at all!!  These "franchise" steak places have gone downhill in the last 3 years...smaller and smaller steaks with LOWER & LOWER quality.

I've learned the best steaks & times are had in small groups on personal property... ;D

C-ya L8r
"I bet you have much more in common with the average Iraqi shop keeper, than any of the politicians that represent you."--Silver Smith
"WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE THE PATH, CHANGE DIRECTION"--Me

Offline Andrew

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 08:14:10 AM »
I've learned the best steaks & times are had in small groups on personal property...

Yea,  well I've heard that the White House in Sheridan is pretty decent.   When motivated the head chef cooks up some darn good stuff.    Sous-chef does some nice work herself...  Might be a bit on the spicy side for some folks ;)

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 12:31:58 PM »
colonial I hope you don't regret honing her pistol marksmanship skills! ;D
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline colonial shooter

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • RWVA Senior Instructor, NRA Life, 4H instructor
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 05:34:01 PM »
Not at all.... Now to get her behind a good rifle. Still waiting for it to show up! It will come eventually, she should start this weekend at the AS in Casper.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Offline Hi-oopi

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 07:07:48 PM »
You're not setting the bar very high at all!!  These "franchise" steak places have gone downhill in the last 3 years...

Ok, I'm from ELDON... 5000 people... I went to college in Springfield (MSU formerly known as SMSU for non acronym folks that's Missouri State University formerly known as Southwest Missouri State University). I only went for a year because .. hell I'm still paying on those student loans.  Anyways back to my point... I haven't been to a Texas Longhorns in about 3 or 4 years.  Mom picked up an Applebee's habit and we haven't been to Longhorns since :(.   But I will stand firm in this opinion and no one will back me down; Lambert's in Springfield is the bestest restaurant ever!  It's the best down to earth, country eatin' served right in a cast iron pan! Got to love it!

colonial I hope you don't regret honing her pistol marksmanship skills! ;D

What's that supposed to mean? The only person I would shoot intentionally without good cause is my ex-fiance. (Trust me there's good cause)  I don't think CS has ANY worries about my "skillz"! If anything, he'll be happy because he can send me out hunting for the food!  Nothing like hearing the words "Honey, I'm home, AND I brought dinner!!"  Oh not to mention that he knows that if someone messes with me, I'm more than capable to defend myself!

Not at all.... Now to get her behind a good rifle. Still waiting for it to show up! It will come eventually, she should start this weekend at the AS in Casper.

He wishes :/.  I'm more shy than he thinks.  I like learning by myself.. it's a bad habit I MUST break!  But we will see this weekend I hope.

~Hi-oopi

Offline Danl

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 08:09:08 PM »
Welcome Hi-oopi.  Right now I am not too far from the Lake....  We will get down there around the July 4th probably....  Glad you are aboard here.  Wish I was there instead of close the Lake....

Regards, Danl ~W~
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed