Author Topic: Introducing Me!  (Read 7262 times)

Offline Hi-oopi

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • "Flower kissed by the sun"
Introducing Me!
« on: June 15, 2009, 09:50:01 PM »
Hello all!  I am Hi-oopi. CS (Colonial Shooter) kidnapped my heart and is holding it hostage ... I love every minute of it!

Some of you may know me from Douglas a month or so ago. Unfortunately though, I don't know most of you! Well, I mean I know of most of you, just never met you yet! I am looking forward to meeting everyone and I can't wait to be able to put faces with names!

Back to introducing myself! I'm originally from Missouri (around Osage Beach, Eldon to be exact). I moved to Wyoming for no good reason, but I'm here that's all that counts!

Something interesting about me is I'm Comanche. My great great great great Grandfather was Quannah Parker, the last Indian Chief to give up his rights. Hi-oopi is actually my Indian name given to me by my Grandmother Tot-si-yah. Hi-oopi means sunflower (in Comanche). She always says I used to look like I had been kissed by the sun. Being fair skinned, mid-summer in Texas, sunburns were inevitable.

One of my favorite motto's is, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Because I may be young, but I definitely do not fit into the "Why" generation stereotype. (this tends to shock most people)

If you would like to know more just ask as I cannot think of anything else interesting to say.

~Hi-oopi
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry

Offline colonial shooter

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • RWVA Senior Instructor, NRA Life, 4H instructor
Re: Introducing Me!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:53:35 PM »
Oh sure blame me...LOL glad your here.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Offline Hi-oopi

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 09:56:34 PM »
Oh sure blame me...LOL glad your here.

What part of "I LOVE every minute of it" did you not read :P

And only glad :( 

Eh, oh well, I'm MORE than excited, ask Lance, he knew first hand how excited I was (for Douglas)
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry

Offline socalserf

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman RWVA Instructor
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 10:12:29 PM »
Hello Hi-oopi!
Anyone who is ColonialShooter's friend is a friend of mine.
(A friend of the devil is a friend of mine. Grateful Dead anyone?)
Thanks for stopping by to introduce yourself.

Are you guys going to the get together?
Sure do wish I was there.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:16:07 PM by socalserf »

Offline MANUMIT

• Needs To Get Out More
  • A Free-Market Individualist Family Man, In Wyoming
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 10:15:38 PM »
WELL...you are real!! (or is C.S. cross-posting to himself again??)  Welcome to the sandbox...can't wait to get to meet you in person!

MANUMIT
"I bet you have much more in common with the average Iraqi shop keeper, than any of the politicians that represent you."--Silver Smith
"WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE THE PATH, CHANGE DIRECTION"--Me

Offline Hi-oopi

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:17:47 PM »
Hello Hi-oopi!
Anyone who is ColonialShooter's friend is a friend of mine.
(A friend of the devil is a friend of mine. Grateful Dead anyone?)
Thanks for stopping by to introduce yourself.

Are you guys going to the get together?
Sure so wish I was there.

We aren't going to make it this weekend. CS has a shoot here in Casper, and I have to work on Saturday. Wish we could go, but life.....

Offline Hi-oopi

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 10:20:32 PM »
WELL...you are real!! (or is C.S. cross-posting to himself again??)  Welcome to the sandbox...can't wait to get to meet you in person!

MANUMIT

lol cross-posting!?  No, I am real, you can ask around!  Several people have seen me in person!  I know shocking!!

Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate it.

BY THE WAY!!! Anyone know how I can upload my OWN avatar!?  CS is telling me how to but he has more options than I do :(

~Hi-oopi

Offline Hi-oopi

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 10:27:33 PM »
Oh my, I forgot to include my family in my post!!! :(

The most important part of my family (except CS (now)), is Geena! She is so ugly she is cute, and don't ask me what breed she is.  She has to be something like beagle and pit. She loves hunting, and she has the brindle of a pit.

She was saved from being abused, so she is a pansy, I still love her though!

Offline Joel Helleso

• "Give me liberty, or give me death" Patrick Henry
    • Beinvenido a mi sueno
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 10:43:28 PM »
Hi Hi-oopi, (sounds redundant) I'm glad that you made it to Wy. I noticed that you are considered a 'Lurker'. Do you feel comfortable with that title? Its ok...it's sort of a 'hazing' that everyone must go through to see if they have what it takes to be part of this. I think you'll survive. I'm glad to have met you in person and see you on a daily basis. Yes I live in a well armed house with others from the forum. Welcome Hi-oopi!
Joel

Offline MANUMIT

• Needs To Get Out More
  • A Free-Market Individualist Family Man, In Wyoming
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 10:55:45 PM »
Sadly due to jumping off from out east before waiting to get out o' the debt woods and a immediate monetary opportunity (seven days a week  :'(), we will not be attending the event formerly known as JAM this weekend either...but our hearts will be in Crook & Weston County with all our FSW friends, even if our bodies are stuck in state though further west...

We are getting the kids to put on a Sun Dance  ;) so everyone doesn't get soaked...since Wyoming mud is something to write home about...it'll make you inches taller if walking and feet shorter if driving.

Anywho, Welcome On Board Hi-Oopi and can't wait to meet you live!

Take Care.
"I bet you have much more in common with the average Iraqi shop keeper, than any of the politicians that represent you."--Silver Smith
"WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE THE PATH, CHANGE DIRECTION"--Me

Offline biathlon

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 05:56:48 AM »
Yup.I met her. She's real ;D

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 06:21:07 AM »
Welcome! All I really needed to know about you was displayed in CS's face when he told me about you. :) He was glowing... and that's quite a compliment to any woman.

I'm so glad you are here, and hope you can come with him to the Appleseed in Newcastle in September so I can meet you in person.  Sorry you can't come to the camp out, but such is life sometimes.

Welcome to the family. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Hi-oopi

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 07:33:11 AM »
Yup.I met her. She's real ;D

:D yes indeed!  Are you coming to Casper for sure yet?

Offline Hi-oopi

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 07:35:53 AM »
Welcome! All I really needed to know about you was displayed in CS's face when he told me about you. :) He was glowing... and that's quite a compliment to any woman.

I'm so glad you are here, and hope you can come with him to the Appleseed in Newcastle in September so I can meet you in person.  Sorry you can't come to the camp out, but such is life sometimes.

Welcome to the family. :)

Thank you for the welcome! I've heard ALOT about you :D

As for CS, he's been glowing for a couple months now!! :P Thanks to him, I am too! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Hi-oopi

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 07:45:28 AM »
Oh yeah, I just remembered this... Manumit, since WHEN do people bring laptop computers camping?  He (CS) completely cheated, he wasn't supposed to know the meaning of the french I was telling him. Now I have to worry about you being at a shoot when I start throwing french at him :P!

And Joel, I don't prefer the term "Lurker" sounds kind of stalkerish and creepy to me, but hey that's what I'm considered.... for now. I'm glad to see you got on the forums to say hi and yes hi Hi-oopi is very redundant! I you prefer you can always call me by Amanda. I don't mind.

P.S. Still haven't figured out how to upload my avatar :(  hmm.. maybe I have to be a member to upload stuff to the forums.  Any ideas?