Author Topic: got my dates for Laramie  (Read 3251 times)

Offline kunkmiester

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
got my dates for Laramie
« on: July 03, 2009, 12:18:00 PM »
Well, I'm not sure where exactly this should go, since I'm not going to one of the specified counties at this time.

Anyway, I need to be up in Laramie by the 21st for school, probably have a lot of paperwork done by then.  Dorms open on the 20, and classes start on the 24th.  See ya 'round.
Evil is evil, no matter how small.

Thermonuclear weapons make me happy!

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: got my dates for Laramie
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 01:10:38 PM »
Welcome and congratulations on making the move. Nobody I know of is keeping track of which county you move to these days.

But, for the sake of "making the case for moving toward freedom," why don't you share your REASON for coming to Wyoming? That might help someone else make up their mind. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline FreedomFighter101

• FSW Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 03:56:12 PM »
Let me know when you get Laramie, we'll go out for a beer or something

Offline kunkmiester

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »
Well,  the mountains appeal to me, Missouri is rather flat, though it does have the advantage of being wetter.  I'm moving mostly for the political climate, and the fact that finding decent land elsewhere is becoming harder and harder.  I've been wanting to settle out that way for a while, just never got to it.  Going to school out there will be a good start, it'll get me out that way where I can start networking.  It's also my dad's alma mater, which makes it much cheaper than all the other schools I've looked at--even the in-state around here is more.

I also like the idea of having sizable amounts of snow--if it's going to be cold in the winter, I might as well get something for it, right?  Oh, and wind.  When I was a kid, the wind could get strong enough to lean into, but not so much since I'm bigger.  When I was out there in January to visit the campus, it was plenty strong.  I've heard you don't have so much during the summer though, which kind of stinks.   Cool/warm would be nicer than freezing.

Offline MANUMIT

• Needs To Get Out More
  • A Free-Market Individualist Family Man, In Wyoming
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »
....I also like the idea of having sizable amounts of snow--if it's going to be cold in the winter, I might as well get something for it, right?  Oh, and wind.  When I was a kid, the wind could get strong enough to lean into, but not so much since I'm bigger.  When I was out there in January to visit the campus, it was plenty strong.  I've heard you don't have so much during the summer though, which kind of stinks.   Cool/warm would be nicer than freezing.

The Wind River & Wyoming Ranges are still seriously snow covered but some grey is starting to show through...how 'bout snow in July?

I imagine all the rain down below in May & June was still snowing up there...awesome days now capped with an occasional thunderstorm in the late evening (probably due to all the ground moisture & hot, sunny days...just like back in the south).

MANUMIT
"I bet you have much more in common with the average Iraqi shop keeper, than any of the politicians that represent you."--Silver Smith
"WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE THE PATH, CHANGE DIRECTION"--Me

Offline kunkmiester

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 05:46:43 PM »
Well, I'm settled into the dorms now.  Still looking for a shooting group, though I have other activities I'd like to get into, so I'll have to see how the time settles out.

Is there anyone down in Albany county?

Offline biathlon

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 03:12:41 PM »
Yup ;D Glad someone else is looking forward to plenty of snow. I'll ask admin to upgrade your status to "Member in Wyoming" ::)

Offline colonial shooter

• FSW Rifleman
  • RWVA Senior Instructor, NRA Life, 4H instructor
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 09:04:52 PM »
Kunkmiester, we don't have to be in Albany to visit. I get down that way every so often. If you are looking for a group to shoot with get with Biathlon, he knows who is putting lead downrange in your area.  BTW B look for a PM
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Offline kunkmiester

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 11:17:24 PM »
shorter drive makes it easier, but I appreciate the offer, Colonial.  Shoot me a message next time you're down, we'll see about lunch or something.