Author Topic: Post your snow photos here  (Read 12537 times)

Offline MANUMIT

• Needs To Get Out More
  • A Free-Market Individualist Family Man, In Wyoming
Re: Post your snow photos here
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 09:01:07 AM »
Just yesterday had an old-timer buddy tell me the exact same thing...

Down in town (where there is hardly any snow anymore) they used to tunnel out everyday!!  Also, up on the mountain where we were snowmobiling, the current 6-7' used to regularly be 20'+...

Some global-warming is a good thing for a few things...I guess  :-\

MANUMIT
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:24:58 PM by MANUMIT »
"I bet you have much more in common with the average Iraqi shop keeper, than any of the politicians that represent you."--Silver Smith
"WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE THE PATH, CHANGE DIRECTION"--Me

Offline Seniortech

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2010, 10:56:04 AM »
City Slicker Michael,  You are not alone.  I lived my whole life in the country, mostly in backwoods Arkansas.  Now I'm stuck here on a couple of city lots but it is on the edge of town.

Not much snow here in the banana belt but I was told yesterday that the ice on the little lake out east of town is 30" thick.  What, two and a half feet?  This is only my second Wyoming winter and I thought we had a pretty mild winter.  I wonder if that's normal ice thickness.
Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
A. Einstein

Offline Crappiewy

• FSW Associate
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2010, 01:32:44 PM »
Just yesterday had an old-timer buddy tell me the exact same thing...

Down in town (where there is hardly any snow anymore) they used to tunnel out everyday!!  Also, up on the mountain where we were snowmobiling, the current 6-7' used to regularly be 20'+...

Some global-warming is a good thing for a few things...I guess  :-\

MANUMIT

Just something to Ponder. Warmer temperatures means more moisture in the air. More moisture means more snow. ;D
My grandfather used to complain how huimid Wyoming was. ??? It hasent seemed Humid to me in a long time. When I was a kid in the  1960'S AND 1970'S there were tornadoes in Fremont county where I lived almost every year. I remember a huge one in 62 or so. I havent heard much about tornadoes in the last 20 years or so. So I think as it gets warmer, we will get more snow and tornadoes.

Offline TexasGirl

• Needs To Get Out More
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 03:11:05 PM »
Well, don't get bent out of shape with all this warming stuff.  The earth goes thru climate cycles, the last few years have been warmer, but we are now entering a cooling cycle again like in the 60's / 70's.  Any of you guys remember what the environmentalists were ranting back then?  We were going to eventually freeze to death.

~TG

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Offline MANUMIT

• Needs To Get Out More
  • A Free-Market Individualist Family Man, In Wyoming
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2010, 11:54:05 AM »
The Gros Ventre range today...with poor digital though  :-\

MANUMIT
"I bet you have much more in common with the average Iraqi shop keeper, than any of the politicians that represent you."--Silver Smith
"WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE THE PATH, CHANGE DIRECTION"--Me

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
  • FSW friend. In Wyoming.
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2010, 01:00:51 PM »
Casper last week. Looks the same today, but the sun ain't shining.

Anti-war, pro-gun.