Author Topic: Proposed WY bill defies "commerce" clause via assertion of 10th amendment powers  (Read 4086 times)

Offline Damien

• Reader
Not sure if this is exactly the right forum for this post however I reasoned that most anything that enhances Wyoming's freedom form the federal yoke certainly helps make the case for liberty-minded folks to move there!  :)

I've attached a link to a story on the 10th amendment center website...the story discusses a proposed bill in the WY legislature that would remove guns  - manufactured, sold, and used exclusively in WY - from the purview of the federal government's commerce clause. Further, it proposes a 2 year prison term for anyone trying to enforce federal guns laws in the state of Wyoming! Hooyah!

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2010/02/09/wyoming-firearms-freedom-act-with-teeth/

This is one of many welcome developments in the cause for freedom... I am very happy to see that WY is in the vanguard of this effort.

Cheers -
Damien

Offline biathlon

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
So,    the penalty for showing up in Wyoming in a black ninja suit representing Internal Revenue Srevice and threatening Wyoming residents with machine guns would be, what, 2 years? F@#K that!!! Put them to the gillotine! >:D

Offline Tx2Wy

• Social Type
  • Just my 2 cents for what it is worth.
So,    the penalty for showing up in Wyoming in a black ninja suit representing Internal Revenue Srevice and threatening Wyoming residents with machine guns would be, what, 2 years? F@#K that!!! Put them to the gillotine! >:D

What ever happened to good old fashioned execution like the good ole days. Especially without a trial. That is what Monarchy's liked.  :)

Bill

Offline TexasGirl

• Needs To Get Out More
So if those "domestic" guns are exempt from federal regulations, would there be any WY restrictions or regulations?  If not, (guess this shouldn't be taunted until after all the legislation is final) then would WY full-auto versions be legal too?

~TG
*really gettin the itch to move now*
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Offline Damien

• Reader
TG - Itch indeed. The wife and I are practically on fire to get up there ASAP! Especially with encouraging signs of freedom such as this legislation represents...

It is ironic that legislation could represent freedom as most of us no doubt are more likely to believe fewer laws is the better state of affairs!  ;) Thankfully, this seems to be one of the good ones!

Off topic - Where in TX do you live now? I used to live in Austin and Brownsville back in the 90's... Still technically a 'resident' even though I have not been back to live there since 97. C'est la vie - 3 years down the pike and I'll be switching legal residency anyway. Hooyah!

Offline TexasGirl

• Needs To Get Out More
Off topic - Where in TX do you live now? I used to live in Austin and Brownsville back in the 90's... Still technically a 'resident' even though I have not been back to live there since 97. C'est la vie - 3 years down the pike and I'll be switching legal residency anyway. Hooyah!

I'm in the Houston area, lived within 90 miles of there all my life.  Native Texan stock, Mom's side was in Stephen F. Austin's Colony in 1838 (Republic of Texas back then), Dad's side came from Germany in 1849.  Dad has the original Spanish Land Grant for the property, it's many pages of handwriten EspaƱol!

~TG
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Offline rep0man

• Reader
Are there a lot of guns manufactured in Wyoming?

Offline jubal

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
    • Marksmans Box

.454 Casul wheel gun in Freedom Wyo. Can't think of any more right at the present.
"
When planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary".
 Thomas Paine

Offline Tx2Wy

• Social Type
  • Just my 2 cents for what it is worth.
.454 Casul is a hand canon, I would not say it is a gun per se. lol. I shot one last year, impressive kick.

Bill

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
Are there a lot of guns manufactured in Wyoming?

If this passes, and really means anything, there will be.
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline Damien

• Reader
Kylben, I agree with you. Much like the mantra from "Field of Dream", if you build it, they will come. Laws such as these, that essentially free business from the onerousness of needless/costly state and federal regulation, create an environment that builds businesses and jobs and prosperity. So, perhaps WY can become a hub of firearm manufacturing and related industries?