Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Alan Halcon

Hi there
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
Wyomiles, thanks for coming on to the dirttime forum and giving me a nudge to come over.

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I figure since Dirttime is going to be in the fine state of Wyoming, I should come over and say hello.

Some of you are attending the Dirttime event and I look forward to meeting you. I will be holding over, for at least two days, into the FSW event while I attend SDI handgun course on the property.

As for myself, I'm Alan, One of the Dirttime partners. Like many of you, I'm tired of the current situation, especially here in Cali. Sadly, my profession really doesn't allow much flexibility in locations. I am a cameraman in hollyweird, so I really am stuck, for now, in the entertainment community. Wow talk about pigeonholing myself.

Thanks
Alan

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
Re: Hi there
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 01:02:33 PM »
Howdy Alan ! Thanks for coming over. Lots of good folks here .
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline TexasGirl

• Needs To Get Out More
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 02:18:30 PM »
Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forum!  Look out, these guys may just make you want to move to Wyoming, camera and all.

I look forward to seeing you at DT.

~TG
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Offline biathlon

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 05:43:52 PM »
We'll take all the help we can git. Are you in on the new Red Dawn?

Offline Alan Halcon

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 06:23:52 PM »
Sheesh! I wish I was in on it.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Offline socalserf

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman RWVA Instructor
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 05:23:12 AM »
Howdy from another Cali. ;D

You've got a very interesting bio;
Alan Halcon

Field editor, writer and photographer for "Wilderness Way" magazine. Alan is the author of the informative booklet, "The Hand Drill," a member of the City of Los Angeles's CERT Team, FEMA certified in incident command, a Survival Instructor, and a certified instructor/provider for The American Red Cross in Wilderness First-Aid, CPR and Basic First-Aid. Alan is also the record holder at getting a coal with the handdrill... 2 Seconds.

From  http://www.dirttime.com/

Very cool, Dude!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 05:44:18 AM by socalserf »

Offline zengunfighter

• Rather Interested
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 07:45:21 AM »
^thanks for posting that^

Alan is much more than a 'camera man in holywierd'
His outdoor 'dirt' skills are quite good. He also has a talent and passion for passing those skills on to others.

Good to have you here Alan!

Offline Alan Halcon

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 06:22:28 PM »
Ahh Man! You guys are making me blush...

Thanks for the warm welcomes, gang!

Alan