Author Topic: FSW Radio Marketing...  (Read 7818 times)

Offline MANUMIT

• Needs To Get Out More
  • A Free-Market Individualist Family Man, In Wyoming
FSW Radio Marketing...
« on: September 22, 2010, 09:38:17 AM »
Jumped on in and started one of my ideas last night...and did some marketing of FSW last night on Free Talk Live (a national radio program broadcasting on 80 radio stations & podcast tied very closely to the Free State Project)...guess I did alright for the first shot...

Here's the 10 minute segment I was on...snipped it down to only 8.9 MB... http://www.mediafire.com/?wd784x9os793e78

For the full show go here...43 MB http://traffic.libsyn.com/ftl/FTL2010-09-21.mp3

They continue discussing liberty & how alternatives/competition in the movement is good to generate buzz & provide ideas/incentive to improve marketing...they continue their discussion and even mention Boston a bit after my segment...

MANUMIT
"I bet you have much more in common with the average Iraqi shop keeper, than any of the politicians that represent you."--Silver Smith
"WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE THE PATH, CHANGE DIRECTION"--Me

Offline Stratispho

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Google Voluntaryism
    • Facebook
Re: FSW Radio Marketing...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 05:41:17 PM »
Happened to be listening to that podcast already today. Nice to hear the FSW being plugged instead of their usual "Move to New Hampshire". I like the ideas of liberty they present but get tired of the NH slant.

Thanks for taking the time to call in.
I pledge allegiance to liberty and justice for all, and pledge perpetual opposition to the Republic of the United States, and to the control and tyranny for which it stands.

Offline Terence

• McGillespie.com
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »

Good idea to call in, Manumit. Those guys treated you fairly and it was interesting
to hear their thoughts on competing free state activities after your call.

It would never occur to me to move east to be more free, but to each his own.

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline Novak

• Mover and Shaker
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »
Nice job, Manumit!  I listened to it after you posted it; it sounded like the host was in physical pain when he said he was happy about FSP competitors.
"I don't just want gun rights... I want individual liberty, a culture of self-reliance...I want the whole bloody thing." -Kim du Toit

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 04:38:41 AM »
Good for you, Manumit! I will get time to listen to it tomorrow. Just touching bases here this morning, but have to be gone all day.

Edit:

Got to listen to it. Hard to understand some of it, but I was struck that the announcer said "Free State WEST" instead of Free State Wyoming and you didn't correct it. Not complaining, but I did notice and wonder. Otherwise, great stuff. :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:20:04 AM by MamaLiberty »
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline LisaIA

• Social Type
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 06:02:17 AM »
I enjoyed it- thanks for sharing!
Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.

Offline Wyomingite4Freedom

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 08:19:30 AM »
Great job, Manumit!  You represented the FSW on there quite well.   :)
In the beginning, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned.  When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. ~ Mark Twain

Offline Kelly

• FSW Member, in Wyoming
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 10:31:40 AM »
Well done, Manumit!
The guy banging on the door said,"Alcohol, tobacco, firearms." I thought he was bringing more supplies.

Offline typeay

• Needs To Get Out More
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 12:39:46 PM »
 Nice job, sir. You missed your calling as a pro-freedom talk-show host.

Offline jscottdavis04

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 12:06:31 AM »
that was great!
"We exhibit to mankind the remarkable spectacle of a people attacked by unprovoked enemies, without any imputation or even suspicion of offence. They boast of their privileges and civilization, and yet proffer no milder conditions than servitude or death."
-The Continental Congress, 1775