Author Topic: Joel Skousen Describes End-Game Scenarios  (Read 16323 times)

Offline Cyclonesteve

• FSW Associate
    • Short Lane
Re: Joel Skousen Describes End-Game Scenarios
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 09:25:45 PM »
Following this thought, I think that the government will actively prevent the city refugees/looters from interfering (and destroying) farmlands and energy producing areas. This then implies that the rural areas (with resources) will probably be protected so that they can continue to produce food and energy that the government craves.

I see a possibility that the cities will be turned into refugee camps with strong controls on movement and the rural areas will become colonies that will be pretty much left alone (and protected) as long as they keep producing for the system.

Of course, this assumes the people in government truly understand that food doesn't come from a store & gas doesn't come from a tank.
Give them your teeth, not your belly.

Offline tenacio

• FSW Associate
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 09:32:24 AM »
But the government wouldn’t want the farmlands to be privately controlled; they would want them to be under the government thumb “for the greater good of all”.
There is no comparison between that which is lost by not succeeding and that which is lost by not trying.
- Sir Francis Bacon

Offline Terence

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
    • McGillespie.com
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 11:21:46 AM »
I see a possibility that the cities will be turned into refugee camps with strong controls on movement and the rural areas will become colonies that will be pretty much left alone (and protected) as long as they keep producing for the system.

While walking with a friend in a big city, recently, he looked up at a 10-story condo and
said, "That's what the prisons in North Korea look like. These people have already jailed themselves!"

I'd say your right, Richard.

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 08:16:52 PM »
Richard, you may be assuming too much intelligence among the parasite class. First thing they are going to do, is collectivise the farms. They won't call it that, of course, but that is what they will do. Farmers will turn into serfs on their own land. Of course, production will drop and that will lead to more starvation...
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
    • Richard's tech pages and GPG public key
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 08:48:01 PM »
Richard, you may be assuming too much intelligence among the parasite class.

Yes, I could be assuming too much intelligence in the parasites (politicians). At face value, this seems quite likely.

However, I suspect the possibility of a highly intelligent malevolent force higher than the politicians, a force that dictates their obedience on important matters (and allows complete latitude where it doesn't care.) I suspect this force is behind the deliberate destruction of the economy, in order to create a new world comprised of serfs and party members. (Read 1984 again for an apt refresher.)

First thing they are going to do, is collectivise the farms. They won't call it that, of course, but that is what they will do. Farmers will turn into serfs on their own land. Of course, production will drop and that will lead to more starvation...

That is certainly one possibility. If the high power desires a massive decrease in population, this would be a very convenient way to accomplish that.
Get my GPG/PGP public key at: http://www.hodges.org/rh/public_rhodges.asc
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"