Author Topic: mind yourself while here  (Read 23061 times)

Offline Edheler

• Reader
Re: mind yourself while here
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 04:36:58 PM »
For those of you who may not realize, his handle is saying GFY which, in text speak, is

Thanks, it was easy to get to GFY but clearly, what in my day was 'leet online speak', just isn't up to par in our modern world.

Offline golf.foxtrot.yankee

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 06:56:29 PM »
Golf.Foxtrot.Yankee is a service thing. . . easy to understand, and very easy to use outside of the military. For those who thought they would not hear of me again. . . Wrong. I intend to actually encourage rather than dismiss. However. I have met two individuals from this organization, who without naming both are not friends persay, but neighbors instead. With there persistent children, there little palmeranian, the faggot stepson, and prius they cruise in. . . get my drift???I certainly hope yall provide a better face to the organization than they (who know who they are)!!! And for those who have already been here for a bit. . . Im third generation. Thats old school enough in white mans terms. Im a consultant in the oil and gas industry. I own 3900 acres and ranch all of it. By the way, Leasing 8400 acres doesnt mean Shit. It can be taken from you by the landowner or fed whenever the hell they want.
Its very simple Kelly whoever you are. . .I could care less that individualists are interested and relocating. Its better than the garbage already infiltrating like viruses. I hope the differance would be that you are right, and they are wrong. I live in a special portion of the state. Where men of a certain breed helped shape the Army special operations community back in the 70"s. Any guesses??? Probably not, anyways. . . here the motto is cut and dry. War Does not determine who is right. . . but who is LEFT. It doesnt matter who you are to come here, or who you want to be while here, all we care about is privacy, solitude, lack of population growth, and reserved opinions from others. If this doesnt seem fair. . . please be advised nobody including myself cares. PERIOD!!! Sure, life goes on. . . but you would think that we are the ones you want on your side the most. Hence why i said, mind yourself while here. oh, and for the record. G.F.Y was never directed at anybody. Its stickered on my pickup, its a patch on helmet. its tatted on my back next to the carbine of choice and the Red White and Blue. So dont be offended. softies dont last long in this portion of the county.

Offline Edheler

• Reader
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 07:14:27 PM »
I am entirely leaving out some items because I have no first hand knowledge and feel it would be irresponsible to comment.

For those who thought they would not hear of me again. . . Wrong.

I am certainly glad that you didn't make a single comment and disappear. It's impossible to have a conversation if only one side is either speaking or listening.

and prius they cruise in

Is there anything wrong with being efficient or saving money? I know of a number of people who drive them that have reasons which don't resemble the decision making processes which it seems that you disdain.

Where men of a certain breed helped shape the Army special operations community back in the 70"s.

I don't view soldiers as a better class of citizen. If you want to live in Heinlein's Starship Troopers world feel free to attempt to impose it. I will resist with maximum force. I assure you that former solders bleed every bit as well and thoroughly as citizens.

War Does not determine who is right. . . but who is LEFT.

It certainly does and I am glad you understand me.

It doesnt matter who you are to come here, or who you want to be while here, all we care about is privacy, solitude, lack of population growth, and reserved opinions from others.

If you leave me alone I will return the favor. Is that good enough for you?

I personally would love to know like Terence what book you were referring to in your initial post which you didn't answer in your reply.

Welcome to the forum, I think you might find that you agree with many of us more than you might like if you think about it.

Offline golf.foxtrot.yankee

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 07:53:10 PM »
this EDHELER guy. oh ya. . . i like this one. . . scrupils he has. Well buddy. Its not because he is environment sensitive, or that it saves him money that bothers me. Its when he puts flyers in my mailbox that are for the honda dealership in Billings MT, evidentally in his words. . . "Its time we all change something to help others". The next point is that the lord our God has given specific referance against homosexual activity, to which i do not care for as he is rest assuredly on a one way ticket to hell which might have many of us willing to drive him there. Thirdly. I guaran-Goddamn-tee that the original operators and soldiers have endured more  for the cost of your liberty and values than you will ever tote the ticket for so dont have the dick swingin contest like you want. Ever had to shove a chest tube while under duress in your bullet riddled brother. . . I have, and it sucks like nothing else!!! especially while under duress in a shithole country trying to eradicate vermin out to destroy YOU and me. 4. Molon Labe is the book. Its insightful Blueprint is especially creative. although should this ressemble any sence of current events for which to uproot ones life and relocate to Wyoming, everyone brings there so called baggage with them to which i have shared is a definite issue. The true nature is we really dont like outsiders, or anyone for that matter. 5. Warbeing who is left. . . you obviously have never been an operators terms of "downrange" a day in your life, hence you would never comprehend the nature a feeling of life being finite in any way. concluded.

Offline pelletfarmer

• Rather Interested
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 08:20:27 PM »
> The true nature is we really dont like outsiders, or anyone for that matter.

Try making an exception for yourself; see if that maybe helps.  Then try deserving it; I promise that will help.

Offline Edheler

• Reader
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 08:22:47 PM »
Its when he puts flyers in my mailbox that are for the honda dealership in Billings MT, evidentally in his words. . . "Its time we all change something to help others".

I find nothing wrong with his advocacy to others to change their ways for any reason. The first amendment assures him the right to do this without interference. I can understand your dislike of receiving his missives but it is also your right to throw out his writings without reading them.

The next point is that the lord our God has given specific referance against homosexual activity, to which i do not care for as he is rest assuredly on a one way ticket to hell which might have many of us willing to drive him there.

I was born as raised as a Roman Catholic and I very well understand your position. I have since grown up and decided that I no longer care what grown adults do to each other within the privacy of their own property. It is also their right to advocate whatever they want, no matter how offensive, to my opinion within the public sphere. So long as someone does not infringe on your natural rights why should you have any opinion on their actions?

Thirdly. I guaran-Goddamn-tee that the original operators and soldiers have endured more for the cost of your liberty and values than you will ever tote the ticket for so dont have the dick swingin contest like you want. Ever had to shove a chest tube while under duress in your bullet riddled brother. . . I have, and it sucks like nothing else!!! especially while under duress in a shithole country trying to eradicate vermin out to destroy YOU and me.

I frankly don't care. People who have been soldiers of the United States have performed many actions over the past several decades of which I entirely disapproved. They have not defended our liberties but have been soldiers of our empire. I did not need their contribution. I might think that the pendulum swung too far during the 1970's towards despising those who join the military but I also feel it has swung far too towards worship recently. Can you honestly call yourself a Christian when you frankly advocate idolatry?

4. Molon Labe is the book. Its insightful Blueprint is especially creative. although should this ressemble any sence of current events for which to uproot ones life and relocate to Wyoming, everyone brings there so called baggage with them to which i have shared is a definite issue. The true nature is we really dont like outsiders, or anyone for that matter.

You said that you only got through a quarter of the book before you couldn't continue. Why? What is is about the doctrine of liberty that you object? Clearly you feel that there is something objectionable to our goal of actually being left alone, except by voluntary association, so please inform us of how we can be better neighbors.

5. Warbeing who is left. . . you obviously have never been an operators terms of "downrange" a day in your life, hence you would never comprehend the nature a feeling of life being finite in any way. concluded.

My experience doesn't matter. Until you face me on the battlefield you have no idea what I am capable of. I could be your worst nightmare or dispatched without notice. I can assure you that I will take out more Statists than it takes to eliminate me. Shouldn't that be enough of a qualification in the fight for liberty?

Offline AtomsInMotion

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 12:03:35 AM »
I intend to actually encourage rather than dismiss.

You're doing a bang up job so far.

However. I have met two individuals from this organization,

Maybe two is not enough to form a solid opinion? Based on the info shared in your three posts so far, you might have fared better with your intro (warning) if you didn't come off the bat so hostile-sounding. You may have more in common with the folks here than you know, but I doubt you'll get many responses if you keep up the aggression.

. . . but you would think that we are the ones you want on your side the most.

Interesting. You might say the same about some of us.

G.F.Y was never directed at anybody. Its stickered on my pickup,

Thanks for that tidbit of information. If I see you or your pickup I'll be sure to not introduce myself. I'm one of the ones who steers clear of aggressive and seemingly hostile people.

Enjoy the forum.

Offline Terence

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
    • McGillespie.com
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 12:24:08 AM »
this EDHELER guy. oh ya. . . i like this one. . . scrupils he has. Well buddy. Its not because he is environment sensitive, or that it saves him money that bothers me. Its when he puts flyers in my mailbox that are for the honda dealership in Billings MT, evidentally in his words. . . "Its time we all change something to help others". The next point is that the lord our God has given specific referance against homosexual activity, to which i do not care for as he is rest assuredly on a one way ticket to hell which might have many of us willing to drive him there. Thirdly. I guaran-Goddamn-tee that the original operators and soldiers have endured more  for the cost of your liberty and values than you will ever tote the ticket for so dont have the dick swingin contest like you want. Ever had to shove a chest tube while under duress in your bullet riddled brother. . . I have, and it sucks like nothing else!!! especially while under duress in a shithole country trying to eradicate vermin out to destroy YOU and me. 4. Molon Labe is the book. Its insightful Blueprint is especially creative. although should this ressemble any sence of current events for which to uproot ones life and relocate to Wyoming, everyone brings there so called baggage with them to which i have shared is a definite issue. The true nature is we really dont like outsiders, or anyone for that matter. 5. Warbeing who is left. . . you obviously have never been an operators terms of "downrange" a day in your life, hence you would never comprehend the nature a feeling of life being finite in any way. concluded.

Your neighbors represent no one but themselves, as do you.  By posting here you are not communicating
with them.  This forum is a poor substitute to confronting them, directly. Who knows, maybe you'll be doing
all of us a favor.

Finish 'the book' if you expect your opinions on it to be taken seriously. As of now, reading your posts is like watching a drunk lecture strangers in a bowling ally.

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 08:25:22 AM »
reading your posts is like watching a drunk lecture strangers in a bowling ally.

At least he's a drunk in a cowboy hat. Look at the bright side. :D

Why would someone driving a Prius advocate to others that people should buy Hondas? Maybe they don't like their Prius?

Actually I can sorta relate to GFY. He doesn't want Wyoming turned into another Colorado; that's understandable. Although I'd say he might be looking at the earlier Colorado (and Wyoming for that matter) with rose colored glasses. It was a rigged game from the start. Oh, and fighting for freedom? That's not been done in this country (outside of the South) since the Revolution.

But hey, let's not pick at nits. GFY ain't perfect, and neither am I. We will all have to do with the imperfect humans that are available to us.
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline stoky

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 08:39:38 AM »
My rose colored glasses see more than just entertainment here.

“Those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
— Bernard Baruch

Let's not disparage Mr.(Sgt?, Col?) GFY's seed crystal potentiality.
Sacred cow makes the best hamburger.
--Samuel Clemens

Offline Corpsman

• Rather Interested
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 09:02:14 AM »
I don't think, though 'GFY' uses the term 'we' that he speaks for the majority of Wyomingites by any means. It is obvious he thinks so though. I've not yet met any Wyoming native with his attitude. And I've looked. Maybe they are just afraid to say what he had the 'blog courage' to.
I applaud his service and sacrifice (however misguided it might have been) yet he is hardly unigue, and I imagine embellishes his DD-214 a bit (GFY - feel free to prove me wrong there.) Denegrating the service of others is hardly cool. Having put in more chest tubes, needle decompressions, endotracheal tubes than I can remember, I can only say one thing: so what? The past is the past. Move on.
It also appears that GFY has forgotten his oath. Made to God. A person that takes that oath seriously should embrace others that love liberty and freedom and support them. Maybe even sharing his "operator" knowledge with the rest of us.
Also like to note that if GFY thinks hiding on the ranch drowning in his niormalcy bias, kicking "transplants" out of the state and recycling his good-old boys through the state house is going to protect Wyoming from becoming another New York or California then he is delusional.
I am curious about this few good Wyoming men helping out the Spec. Ops. community story. Anybody have any info there? Or if you tell me will you have to kill me?

Offline montygarlic

• Once upon a time....
    • Garlic Head
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 09:10:10 AM »

Let's not disparage Mr.(Sgt?, Col?) GFY's seed crystal potentiality.

I heartily agree with this notion.  He has stirred up some good discussion, at the least.

Actually I can sorta relate to GFY. He doesn't want Wyoming turned into another Colorado; that's understandable. Although I'd say he might be looking at the earlier Colorado (and Wyoming for that matter) with rose colored glasses. It was a rigged game from the start. Oh, and fighting for freedom? That's not been done in this country (outside of the South) since the Revolution.

But hey, let's not pick at nits. GFY ain't perfect, and neither am I. We will all have to do with the imperfect humans that are available to us.

That (Paul's quote)  is another that is easy to agree with and support.

mg
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 07:26:21 PM »
Frankly, I don't care whether someone is "3rd generation". Does that give special privileges?
What matters to me GFY, is the content of your character and whether you are willing to let me live in peace as I am willing to let you live in peace. And BTW, size doesn't matter here one bit, so you'll impress no one by stating how many acres your member is. All I care about is whether my neighbor is not a fan of big government, more laws, more taxes, more restrictions, more zoning, or more land use regulations. I own my land, you don't, and vice versa. I do not own the view of your land nor do I get any input on what you do with it.

That should not frighten you in the least. Please don't paint with too wide of a brush. Many immigrants to WY may be like those in CO. I can assure you, Mr. GFY, the I know NOBODY, zero, none, of any other FSW people that would want to impose ANY laws, regulations, taxes, or anything at all on YOU. I like WY the way it is. I don't want to change it. I don't know anyone who does.

Take a breath and read what people are writing here and be prepared to throw off any preconceived misconceptions that you might have acquired from your neighbors. OK? Try it?

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 07:47:21 PM »
GFY, my novel Molôn Labé! was hardly a story about
"carpetbaggers with faggot stepsons driving out here in their Prius".
Had you read past page 120, you'd have known that.

All throughout my novel is the admonishment for the free staters to
work hard to fit in.

Regarding your posts on my forum, "mind yourself while here" is good advice.
I cank trolls here pretty quickly.  Be polite and have something constructive to offer.
 ~W~
Boston

adambomb

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 12:25:43 AM »
For those who thought they would not hear of me again. . . Wrong. I intend to actually encourage rather than dismiss.

Where men of a certain breed helped shape the Army special operations community back in the 70"s.

I can't say what special operations was like in the '70s, but all the ones I worked with in Bosnia were true to form quiet professionals.  I've also noticed that in general, in my 14 years in, the biggest blowhards are the ones who never left the base.  All they had was talk.