Author Topic: Farmbot  (Read 4724 times)

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
Farmbot
« on: July 18, 2016, 03:38:19 PM »
Way cool, even if it is geeky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r0CiLBM1o8
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline Cyclonesteve

• FSW Associate
    • Short Lane
Re: Farmbot
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 06:20:29 PM »
Yes, very cool.
Give them your teeth, not your belly.

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 06:39:42 PM »
ooh ooh!!! really really want!!
"For if men do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?" Jesus Christ Luke 23:31

Offline Mark Davis

• FSW Associate
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 08:14:14 PM »
For the small plots shown in the video that would be pretty cool, scaling that system to cover say 1/4 acre would take a different positioning system. Or very rigid(expensive) rails. Wind blowing from the west the whole thing shifts west. that precise little squirt of water missed the plant, the weeding function pulls all the your seedlings because the machine is in the wrong place.

The whole idea is awesome and a work in progress, but around my place it would only be installed indoors where there is a decent growing season.
Where I live frost often happens in early June and late August.

I have spent the last two years studying CNC machining, and all these other applications of CNC are just mind boggling. When followed to their ends downright scary.
What will become of our world when everybody has nothing better to do than bitch about how the system must give them more?

Oh never mind, this weeks news reports are full of the answer to my last question.
to lazy to chase arrows

Offline kunkmiester

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 06:33:56 PM »
A larger area would need supported rails, more like a railroad than a cnc machine.  I wouldn't make one much bigger though, motion control costs will go up exponentially.
Evil is evil, no matter how small.

Thermonuclear weapons make me happy!

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 05:52:53 AM »
A larger area would need supported rails, more like a railroad than a cnc machine.  I wouldn't make one much bigger though, motion control costs will go up exponentially.
That is a lot of hardware for such a small plot.
"For if men do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?" Jesus Christ Luke 23:31

Offline Mark Davis

• FSW Associate
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 08:22:05 AM »
Kunk, glad to see you still checking the forum.
I was thinking four corner posts with reflectors and lasers to read the distance for positioning.
VS. the counted motor revolutions of this system.
to lazy to chase arrows