Author Topic: I Finally Got Boston!  (Read 7922 times)

Offline Cato Craft

• Reader
    • Radio Free Liberty
I Finally Got Boston!
« on: September 27, 2006, 08:33:55 PM »
Hey all,

So, after all these weeks, the stars aligned, the rivers confluenced, and Boston and Cato came together at the same place at the same time! This just happened a few minutes ago, so it is not yet ready for listening, but it will be up by this weekend. I must tell you that Boston did you and FSW proud.

I'll post the notification here the moment the audio goes live.

Best wishes,
Cato

http://RadioFreeLiberty.com
Cato Craft

The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out... without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable. -Mencken

Offline SafetyFactor

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman
Re: I Finally Got Boston!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 09:10:21 PM »
I can't wait!!

I really enjoy listening to the RFL Podcasts.  Professional, educational and entertaining. 
A great tool to convey libertarian ideals to the masses.  I'm spreading the word in Texas.

Keep up the excellent work Cato (and Cat).

Sincerely, David
Todays headlines and other distractions brought to you by the makers of the New World Order- Creators of problems and their solutions since 1913. - SafetyFactor

Offline Cato Craft

• Reader
    • Radio Free Liberty
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 06:08:22 PM »
Boston's on the air!
Look for Episode 043
Thanks, Boston, for a delightful interview!
-Cato
http://RadioFreeLiberty.com
Cato Craft

The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out... without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable. -Mencken

Offline Barry Turner

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 07:13:13 PM »
Cato, I listened to the interview yesterday (9/30) & I agree with you:
I must tell you that Boston did you and FSW proud.

You & Cat are doing a great job with Radio Free Liberty, I look forward to each podcast.  BTW, FSW Forum had 395 members when I listened yesterday, I'm expecting a spike in membership as people have time to listen & check out FSW.

Barry
A lie can travel halfway round cyberspace while the truth is logging into its blog.  BT

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 11:22:23 AM »
Thanks for all you do Cato ! Very inspiring!   Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 05:04:56 PM »
Thanks, Cato, for a fun chat.
My only complaint was that it ended far too soon!
If there's interest for a Part 2, I'm up for that.

I appreciate the fine work that you and Cat do,
and thanks again for helping us in the FSW.

~W~
Boston

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 06:06:19 PM »
I listened to it last night. Had to stay up late because it took over two hours to download on my dial up. Jeeezzz, 34.5 MB. Too bad there's not a way to make it smaller, it is voice afterall, not high quality music.

Anyway, it was worth the wait. Now I'm going to download the previous FSW discussion and listen to it. I think I'll get an earlier start tonight.

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline Cato Craft

• Reader
    • Radio Free Liberty
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 11:22:53 AM »
Boston,
If you're up for more, then there will certainly be more coming! I'd love to have more time to explore in depth some of what we have touched on.
Just a little background on RFL-

-We've been in operation since April
-Cat and I try to do at least one 20 - 30 minute episode per week
-RFL has had well over 17000 downloads since the beginning.
-We are averaging almost 400 downloads per episode at this time.
-For Cat and me it is purely a labor of love- We really believe in this medium and our message.
-RFL is beginning to draw the interest of liberty-minded people to sponsor episodes

All signs indicate that we are providing something more and more liberty-minded people want and we will continue to try to do that. i am committed to giving FSW as much of a push as RFL can.

So, Boston, I'll be in touch!

Manfromnevada, I will work on low bandwidth versions for dialup. I'll let everyone know when I get them posted.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support!
Cato

Cato Craft

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 12:46:10 PM »
One aspect of the Judge Gray homicide I meant to touch on in my
interview was the moral implication/justification involved.

Not everyone liked what befell the judge.
I was accused of having "sick, sadistic fantasies" and of being a psychopath:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=188459

Needless to say, I rebutted that silly notion on pages 2 and 3.  In short:

A good friend of mine, while editing the homicide scene of Judge Gray, remarked, "Gee, Ken, I can't tell if [the Leopard] is a hero or a fiend!""

Indeed.

I'm glad to see that the actions of the "the Leopard" are fomenting an intense moral debate. That was the precisely his purpose in Mol?n Lab?!

The Leopard's actions were portrayed in a way to cause the reader to evaluate himself, not the author. I could have written him much more clearly, i.e., as an undoubted hero or as an undoubted fiend, but he was constructed to serve as the narrowest of fences to sit upon. And if the fence was as narrow as a razor for some, then the reader is cleaved in half and is thus in two opinions on the matter (as was my friend, and even myself at times).

The Leopard exists to pose very difficult moral questions about the extrapolated nature of self-defense and justice.

Offline NorthGunner

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 05:24:29 PM »
Hi Boston,  :D

I personally have no problem whatsoever with what happened to the character of Judge Gray. IMHO he was no different from a German war criminal who slipped away in the dark to be rediscovered decades later living the high life while his victims were still crying out for justice from their graves.  I would say that the Leopard and Henry Bowman would understand each other very well...   I find it interesting that so much 'broohaha' has been made by folks over the Leopards actions but very few people were 'shocked, mortified, disgusted' by what Vin Suprynowicz's character Madison did to several 'home-sickie' troopies with a falcata...this was a young woman who engaged several MP-5 wielding troops to save her friends...talk about a banshee in full bloodlust!! :o
To make it plain, I have no problem with her character's actions either...when you are dealing with a singularly evil enemy you enact Patton's dictim to the fullest extent!

I will look forward to hearing the interview (will burn a copy to share with Renee).  Speaking of the love of my life, at the most recent gunshow she looked at a Fal...found she liked the feel/weight of it compared to other battle rifles available.  I'm going to see about gently steering her towards a DSA Fal with the proper enhancements (trigger job, etc.).  Should be fun seeing her on the range getting to know a 'new best friend'!

Last, but not least...finally got my truck back from the shop after repairs...thankfully the insur. covered it.  I'm watching it like a hawk now to say the least....

Hope you can do another interview soon!

Yours In Liberty!  ~W~
Steve Kristmann aka NorthGunner
"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue" Marcus Tullius Cicero

Remember: "Evil exists because good men don't kill the gov. officials committing it"
Kurt Hofmann

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 08:51:40 PM »
Steve, thanks for your kind post, and I'm glad you enjoyed the
interview.  I have fun doing them, and will schedule more soon.

I find it interesting that so much 'broohaha' has been made by folks over the Leopards actions but very few people were 'shocked, mortified, disgusted' by what Vin Suprynowicz's character Madison did to several 'home-sickie' troopies with a falcata...this was a young woman who engaged several MP-5 wielding troops to save her friends...talk about a banshee in full bloodlust!!
Good point.
I think that fewer readers were shocked by Madison's actions
because they were so unbelievable.  Something out of a Tim
Burton film...

The Leopard's acts, however, were very carefully described, and
thus believable because real-world limitations had been fully taken
into account.

Regarding your truck not being stolen again, I rec. a coil wire inline switch
hidden in the engine bay (or interior firewall).  The motor will crank, but
never catch, and most thieves likely wouldn't risk the time to diagnosis it.

Renee likes an FAL, huh?  Cool!

Boston
[/color]

Offline SteveM

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 04:54:53 PM »
First let me say I enjoyed the interview with Boston and hope he and Cato will schedule more of them.

I've been following the discussion concerning the homicide of Judge Gray with some interest.? Without going all Freudian here I do think it says more about the person reading that part of the novel than about Boston's thinking or intent.? When I read that passage my first thought was the bastard got what he deserved.? I had no moral dilemna about the Leopard's actions, and this coming from someone who used to be the pastor of an evangelical church.? That's certainly not to say I'm advocating that anyone do this.? But I am saying it should make us examine our how each of us would react in that kind of situation.?

It's easy to say we'd resist UN troops marching through our streets, or resist a Hitler coming to power.? But what about the casual brutality that occurs legally all over this country.? Judges who render absurd and unjust punishments and decisions, lawmakers who pass legislation that is clearly designed to do nothing more than extend Federal power and curb personal freedom, and government agents who lie and steal without accountability.? These are casual tyrants who live in our neighborhoods, go home to supper after sending someone to prison over 1/4 inch mistake in a gun barrel and so on.? Injustice as an occupation.? Seems to me Molon Labe pulls out a bit of our own attitudes toward these kinds of things and makes us confront them.

I don't see it as a call to take the kinds of action we see in the Leopard.? Nor do I see it as the ravings of a psychotic mind.? It is, however, a good starting point for thought about how we view liberty and it's gradual erosion.
Fearlessness is better than a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago.
For Scirnis

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 05:24:25 PM »
BTW,
When y'all listen to the episode with Boston, also listen to the one (about 5 up on the list) regarding "The other Free State Project" regarding the advantages of the FSW over the FSP. Pretty good listening.
Mac
<Edmund Burke>

Offline Cato Craft

• Reader
    • Radio Free Liberty
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 07:14:02 PM »
Folks, (esp. manfromnevada) I have learned how to make Radio FreeLiberty podcast episodes much more dial-up friendly. Of course the audio quality is not as good, but it is still understandable and will open RFL to a much larger audience. It is a time consuming process, but so far I have Boston's episode added as well as an episode on the Fair Tax that I just completed this morning. It downloads in about a tenth of the time it took before.

I'll continue to work backward and do all the episodes as time permits.

Please go to http://RadioFreeLiberty.com and look for the "Dialup Version" link under each episode.

Thanks for your support,
Cato
Cato Craft

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 09:08:26 PM »
WOW!!!!
Cato, thanks for the dial up versions!
I'm listening to the Fair Tax episode right now. No more "buffering" for 1 hour. It's instantaneous! I'm even able to browse the FSW forum as I listen.
And I can notice no difference in sound quality. Seems to me that you could just provide this data rate instead of the higher one for everyone, that is, unless there was music involved, which is unlikely.
THANKS,
Mac
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 09:23:36 PM by manfromnevada »
<Edmund Burke>