Author Topic: FSW Banner Ad On RFL Website  (Read 16704 times)

Offline FSW Forum Administrator

• Administrator
    • Free State Wyoming
FSW Banner Ad On RFL Website
« on: February 20, 2007, 06:26:41 PM »
Ok. I've been talking to Cato over at RadioFreeLiberty.com about putting an FSW banner ad over on his site (www.radiofreeliberty.com). Cost is $10 per month. Boston has OKed the use of the FSW logo image for use in this. LadyLiberty did a spectacular job on creating a new banner ad (and on VERY short notice). I've paid for the first two months out of my own pocket. Beyond that, I'll be taking donations. I will keep a running total of what has been donated in this thread for all to see. I will be including names unless told not to.

I've got a donation page set up to accept PayPal donations. Anyone who wishes to to send a check/cash/MO, contact me via PM or email for mailing information.

Click Here To Donate Via PayPal

NOTES:
  • Just found out that PayPal charges a fee to recieve money. It is "2.9% + $0.30" per transaction. The available balance will reflect this fee. If you are using PayPal to send money and intend to pay for a set number of months rather than just donating an amount of money, please include enough to cover the fee.
  • Also, please let me know if you want me to list "Anonymous", your forum name, or your real name.

FSW Forum Admin
 ~W~

NOTE: As of today (2007-02-25) the FSW banner will be on RFL through the end of Nov 07. Many thanks to everyone for their generous donations! This was a bit of a pet project as I am very committed to the FSW and RFL is one of four podcasts that I listen to religiously. So was great to see something come about that will benefit them both. Nevertheless, if anyone has any other websites whose message resonates with that of the FSW, let me know. I'll be glad so do some research and some legwork to see if we can get the FSW banner out there far and wide.

Date--Donated By--Amount Donated--Payment To RFL--Available Balance
2007-02-20  |  FSW Forum Admin  |  $20.00  |  --  |  $20.00
2007-02-20  |  Payment (through Apr 07)  |  --  |  $20.00  |  $0.00
2007-02-21  |  freedomfighter101  |  $20.00 (-$.88 PayPal Fee)  |  --  |  $19.02
2007-02-21  |  Danl  |  $20.00 (-$.88 PayPal Fee)  |  --  |  $38.24
2007-02-23  |  Gerri  |  $35.00 (-$1.32 PayPal Fee)  |  --  |  $71.92
2007-02-25  |  Payment (through Nov 07)  |  --  |  $70.00  |  $1.92
2007-02-26  |  Paul Bonneau  |  $20.00 (check)  |  --  |  $21.92
2007-02-26  |  anonymous  |  $10.00 (check)  |  --  |  $31.92
2007-03-15  |  Barry Turner  |  $10.00 (-$1.32 PayPal Fee)  |  --  |  $41.33
--  |  --  |  --  |  --  |  --
--  |  --  |  --  |  --  |  --
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 10:50:53 PM by Paul Bonneau »
Thanks,
The Management

Offline Danl

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
Re: FSW Banner Ad On RFL Website
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 08:41:51 AM »
It is on the way to you through Paypal.  Hope that works.......
Regards, Danl ~W~
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline planetaryjim

• Needs To Get Out More
  • I am not a part of your empire.
    • The Indomitus Report
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 10:34:58 AM »
Dear Joseph,

Great site and great to see advertising on selected media.

If anyone wants to contribute to this project without paying PayPal, I would be happy to make exchanges from e-gold, GoldMoney, Pecunix, 1MDC, Phoenix Dollar, eCache, Loom, eLiberty Dollars, and other similar to Joseph's PayPal.  (I cannot make exchanges the other way, though.  Gold => Paypal is down the May Scale of Monetary Hardness, so that works.

PM me for details if you have funds to donate.

Joseph, may I send you a check?

Regards,

Jim
My long posts make some think I'm a key figure in FSW.  I'm not. I'm not an officer nor a leader.  I'm just this guy.  I think FSW is a great idea, & defend & promote it as I'm able.   Assuming that anyone agrees w/me is mistaken. Your bad results from your poor assumptions are your responsibility.

Offline Cato Craft

• Reader
    • Radio Free Liberty
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 03:34:14 PM »
Hey, Thanks, everyone!
I swear I'll get that banner up right away- I'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs of this new web page format- I'm a better podcaster than webmaster ;) Thank goodness...
Cat and I really appreciate you all.
-Cato
Cato Craft

The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out... without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable. -Mencken

Offline Cato Craft

• Reader
    • Radio Free Liberty
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 07:02:32 PM »
Got 'r done.
Thanks again,
Cato
Cato Craft

The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out... without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable. -Mencken

Offline sbeckman

• FSW Associate
  • FFL Type 01
    • L&M Precision
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 08:01:13 PM »
Cato,

I've listened to many of your pod casts in the past but not seen your new home page.

Very cool, I like it.

Thank you for yours and Cat's efforts.

No, I'm not cynical. Oh No.
www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/
FFL Type 01

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 11:27:30 AM »
Nice site, Cato, and we're very pleased to support your work!

Joseph, many thanks for getting this going, and keeping track of donations.
I'll hand you some cash at the Jam from the FSW fund, or I can send it to Cato, your call.

freedomfighter101 and Danl, thank you for the donations!

~W~
Boston

Offline Cato Craft

• Reader
    • Radio Free Liberty
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 06:07:30 AM »
I'll do a verbal plug on each podcast episode as long as the banner is on the web site. The audio episodes go out to more people than the web site hits I get every week, so between the two you'll get maximum coverage.
Best,
Cato
Cato Craft

Offline bobcat

• FSW Rifleman
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 05:47:27 AM »
Has anyone considered using GEARPAY instead of paypal, as paypal is rather leftist when it comes to firearms and AMMO.
Bobcat  

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin
"Citizenship is not a spectator sport"  -K Denninger

• Administrator
    • Free State Wyoming
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 07:36:33 AM »
Would love to use something besides PayPal but have not had the time to go search for alternatives. I'll put GearPay on my list to check out though. Thanks much for the lead.

Joseph
aka FSW Forum Admin
Thanks,
The Management

Offline archy

• FReeper profile at Free Republic.com
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 07:59:54 AM »
I've paid for the first two months out of my own pocket. Beyond that, I'll be taking donations. I will keep a running total of what has been donated in this thread for all to see. I will be including names unless told not to.

As soon as there's an address in Wyoming to send donations, I'll have one on the way, maybe more if I can manage 'em.
I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. After I realized he had no use for his shoes, I took them, and then I felt much better about myself.

• Administrator
    • Free State Wyoming
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 08:43:21 AM »

... Anyone who wishes to to send a check/cash/MO, contact me via PM or email for mailing information.

FSW Forum Admin
 ~W~

I'm not in Wyoming yet, but if you prefer check, cash, or MO, contact me and I'll send you my mailing address. I'm just not listing it here for privacy reasons.
Thanks,
The Management

Offline planetaryjim

• Needs To Get Out More
    • The Indomitus Report
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 09:06:20 PM »
Dear Archy,

As soon as there's an address in Wyoming to send donations, I'll have one on the way, maybe more if I can manage 'em.

If the consideration of a Wyoming address is significant, I am more than happy to make available the address and "pay to the order of" particulars of Sovereigns of the High Frontier Society.  I would then direct our team in Gillette to deposit funds to our account and make the same amount available to Joseph via PayPal.  (We are now researching GearPay!)  We won't charge any fee for such an important function.

Checks may be made payable to Sovereigns of the High Frontier and sent to us at:

Sovereigns of the High Frontier
501 S. Douglas Hwy. Suite. A 321
Gillette, WY 82716

Any questions on this matter may be directed to me.  Obviously, I would much rather people simply work directly with Joseph, as I cannot see why his address being outside of WY matters.  But, we take our sovereignty seriously at HiSovs, so feel free to call on us for assistance.

Regards,

Jim
 http://hisovs.org/

My long posts make some think I'm a key figure in FSW.  I'm not. I'm not an officer nor a leader.  I'm just this guy.  I think FSW is a great idea, & defend & promote it as I'm able.   Assuming that anyone agrees w/me is mistaken. Your bad results from your poor assumptions are your responsibility.

Offline archy

• FReeper profile at Free Republic.com
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 04:50:18 PM »
Dear Archy,

If the consideration of a Wyoming address is significant

'Preciate it! It's more a matter of symbolism I suppose, and if we were in the first six weeks of organization, or the first six months, I likely wouldn't be so crabby about it. But I'm really disappointed in myself that I'm not yet resident in Wyoming [family matters and work related to the Iraqi *surge*] and I really, REALLY want us to get rolling. Yes, I know that getting the word out is an important part of that, and yep, I reckon that the RFL banner is a good location for that kind of effort- and hopefully, is goiung to be the first of more to follow.

But the banner ads are covered till November, per above info
NOTE: As of today (2007-02-25) the FSW banner will be on RFL through the end of Nov 07.

So there's no screaming rush; and the Jam should be a great place for such contributions, so somebody bring a bucket. But by this summer or fall, we'd best have a full-time FSW presence in Wyoming if we're serious about the place.

I am more than happy to make available the address and "pay to the order of" particulars of Sovereigns of the High Frontier Society.? I would then direct our team in Gillette to deposit funds to our account and make the same amount available to Joseph via PayPal.? (We are now researching GearPay!)? We won't charge any fee for such an important function.

Checks may be made payable to Sovereigns of the High Frontier and sent to us at:

Sovereigns of the High Frontier
501 S. Douglas Hwy. Suite. A 321
Gillette, WY 82716

Any questions on this matter may be directed to me.? Obviously, I would much rather people simply work directly with Joseph, as I cannot see why his address being outside of WY matters.? But, we take our sovereignty seriously at HiSovs, so feel free to call on us for assistance.

Regards,

Jim
 http://hisovs.org/
[/color]

Good on ya, yours is a fine bunch for the offer to help us with a workaround for this hopefully short-term problem. But it's something that FSW needs to do ourselves. And without doing business with Paypal or their Quisling policies.

I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. After I realized he had no use for his shoes, I took them, and then I felt much better about myself.

Offline planetaryjim

• Needs To Get Out More
    • The Indomitus Report
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 09:15:23 AM »
Dear Archy,

There are a lot of issues involved here, but I'll try to keep my responses on topic for this thread.

I rather like the idea of a permanent FSW presence in Wyoming.  There are now quite a few of us resident there.  I am expecting to be in Wyoming on Friday 6 April 2007 for an extended stay.  One of the companies I work with is making substantial funds available for real estate investment.  I would anticipate having space in several of these properties for a desk or office for FSW available as a donation.  The actual square footage might not be huge, but more than enough room for a few visitors, literature, books for sale, and maybe a phone that forwards to someone who wants to take calls.

There are numerous workarounds needed to make use of money.  For example, there is no FSW e-gold account to my knowledge, nor FSW accounts for other online gold and silver payment services (GoldMoney, Pecunix, 1MDC, eCache) to my knowledge.  I'm not even clear that official gold system accounts or official bank accounts for FSW are a part of Boston's plans for the group.  I note that his writings in "Bulletproof Privacy" suggest care in handling monetary instruments as an important part in safeguarding privacy.

For example, let's just say that there is a Free State Wyoming bank account opened somewhere.  Maybe at a credit union.  What is the "taxpayer identification number" for that bank account?  Should FSW have such a thing?  Is there either a moral or a practical obligation to get an FSW taxpayer ID from the infernal revenue disservice?  I don't think so.  Are there numerous ethical and practical reasons not to get such a number?  You bet!

What is the wisdom of seeking an FSW address and an FSW bank account, if mail to that address would be targeted by the government for review and perhaps censorship?  And if the payments to that account were to generate trouble for everyone who paid funds to that account?  Is that a direction we would wish to take?  I don't know.

My desire to be helpful and offer the assistance of organizations with which I work, and which I helped organize to attend to some of these matters, is not bounded by any time limits or desire for recompense.  I'm simply being as helpful as I can, to the extent of my ability, because I believe this group is vital to my future, especially my freedom.

Finally, with particular regard to GearPay, here are some comments from one of my business associates.

It's really not a PayPal alternative, because it does not deal with credit card payments.  Basically each buyer and seller must be a GearPay member, with an attached personal or corporate bank account.  Buyers fund their accounts via ACH transfers or e-checks.  Therefore, unless your customer is already a member, or at least willing to become one, they cannot pay you.

They are simply acting as a reseller or proxy buyer, depending on the member.  Fees are low, generally $0.20 for ACH transfers and 3% for e-checks.  Only USA bank accounts are accepted.  To verify the account, they make two random withdrawals not to exceed $1.00 and you have to tell them how much they were.  (PayPal does something similar but they are random *deposits*.  On the other hand PP charges a percentage fee.)

There is no mention of TIN's or SSN's in their user agreement.  They are not offering a bank account, merely acting as a retail go-between, so maybe they dodged that.  However they are bound by anti-money laundering
garf, including requiring ID on transactions over $10k.  (Whether they can or would ask for ID otherwise isn't clear.)  Evidently their policy of working through ACH means that members have already given an SSN or TIN to the bank which has the member's account.

The list of things they will freeze (for 180 days) or close your account for is pretty long, and a bit disturbing.  On the list:

o Using an anonymizing proxy.
o Acting as an exchanger for any other kind of e-currency whatsoever.
o Logging in from a country the US fedgov doesn't like.
o Receiving complaints about you from buyers.
o Your account receiving "potentially fraudulent funds."
o Refusing to "cooperate" with any "investigation" they might make.

All in all pretty typical for an operation based in Tennessee, USA.  One interesting provision in their user agreement:

"(1) GearPay.com users are NOT allowed to use their GearPay.com account in fundraising for or to the benefit of Anti-Gun, Anti-Hunting or Anti-Military organizations.

(2) GearPay.com users are NOT allowed to use their GearPay.com account in support of Anti-Gun, Anti-Hunting or Anti-Military legislation, activities or persons/organizations that support such causes."

The wording here, lumping anti-gun with anti-hunting and anti-military, suggests to me that these are not libertarians, these are flag-waving conservatives who probably think Bush is the greatest thing since, well,
maybe Dick Cheney.   ;-)

Naturally, my friend's views are not my own, though there are considerable areas of intersection.

Regards,

Jim