Author Topic: Allow me to introduce myself  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Grimjack

• FSW Associate
  • Cops-When Seconds count we're only minutes away
    • Terra Del Sol Farm & Vineyard
Allow me to introduce myself
« on: May 05, 2007, 08:22:11 AM »
Hi everyone, My name is Kevin and I have been lurking here for a few weeks, reading the back posts and getting a lay of the land. I found the site, starting off over at LATOC (the peak oil site), wandering by The Claire Files, and finally here. Thanks MamaLiberty for dropping the info. I enjoyed both LATOC and TCF however the continual theme at both sites the Bush is responsible for everything including the bland taste of Campbells chicken noodle soup and the increased solar flare activity is kind of off-putting. Anyway as the title states, Allow me to introduce myself:

I am a 37yr old peace officer from California. I am married 3 kids (two are with me part time and then with the ex also in CA) I have been becoming increasingly dissillusioned with the level of Gov encroachment in our lives, with started me on the journey to find like minded souls. I've been doing "law enforcement" for the better part of 13yrs now. I would be happy to offer up my expertise in that area to aynone who has specific questions or even general ones. I enjoy shooting, reading, wakeboarding. I plan on investing some time to learn to reload, and a friend and I are talking about building our own biodiesel plant (residential scale) I know that I want to move out of Ca asap (which means about 7-10yrs. I have to wait for the kids to grow up) but plan to start looking for land now. Well that's it for now. I hope to become a frequent poster. Keep up the good work.

Kevin

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Allow me to introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum Kevin.
I too used to live in the PROK (People's Republik of Kalifornia)!
Then I moved to NV. Then it got bad.
Now I'm in WY. So far, so good. Now if we can just KEEP it that way!

Come on out for the Jam. You could meet us all in person and get a real feel what we're all about.

Good luck to you.
Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 09:47:11 AM »
Bush is responsible for everything including the bland taste of Campbells chicken noodle soup

Well, he is, isn't he?  :)

Seriously, Bush is a lowlife. As are all presidents. Best thing is to ignore them, and worry about things closer to home. Or in your own backyard...

That reminds me of something - I like this lyric from the old rock group "Audience":

NANCY

Nancy was a farmer's daughter everything her Daddy taught her honestly, honestly
And even though her Pa was poor he always kept within the law and so did she, so did she

Because there's no shame in workin' in the rain
He's using every day to shape his daughter's character
For someone's son to marry her

On the day her Momma died he promised to protect the pride of family, family
And as he left the hospital he vowed if it was possible they'd both be free, both be free

Then came to court her, Clancy Clearwater
Rich gifts he bought her from them big stores
And her old man fancied that she's wed Clancy
A dude ranch owner from Arizona
A real fine dancer, slicked up romancer
He got this answer from his fair Nancy
No no no, I won't go, No no no, I won't go

Clancy came complaingin to the farmer did his brain in, couldn't understand, understand
Rich and pretty looking she'd not even do the cooking if she gave her hand, gave her hand

She'd be wearing Satin, reading literature in Latin, life'd not be hard, not be hard
Seems that were the trouble she preferred to tend the stubble in her own backyard, own backyard

Welcome to our group.
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline Grimjack

• FSW Associate
  • Cops-When Seconds count we're only minutes away
    • Terra Del Sol Farm & Vineyard
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 01:20:34 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome. Don't get me wrong I think Bush is an idiot, but there's alot of blame to pass around for the state of the Republic. Funny you should mentionthe Jam. The wife and I were planning to take two weeks and drive through Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and a few others. Start looking at where we would like to end up because it certainly is PROK! (I like that).

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 09:08:33 PM »
Howdy Grimjack glad you found us. Yup come to the JAM you will love it.  And if your wife is interested make sure she logs on here and looks around also.    Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline JenS

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
    • Awaken Decor & Gifts
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 10:43:18 PM »
Welcome Kevin!  :) You will find many fine individuals here.
Artist, Writer, Lady of Liberty, girlfriend to the most fabulous man

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 10:09:44 AM »
Welcome indeed! Take a good look around the forum, and be sure to encourage your wife to ask any questions she may have.   ML
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.