Author Topic: Wyoming Restaurants  (Read 16925 times)

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Wyoming Restaurants
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »
Dang! No more beans, ham and cornbread?

Sounds like NE Wyoming needs a Granny's Diner (home made bread & pies), reading room/internet cafe and co-op store! :)  We could have a gunsmith shop and half a dozen other things too! Real western style "one stop shopping."  >:D
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline jubal

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
    • Marksmans Box
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2007, 04:12:33 PM »
Jared

Well DAMN. Aint that shame.
"
When planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary".
 Thomas Paine

Offline jubal

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
    • Marksmans Box
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2007, 04:16:09 PM »
Well OK........I got another one. Hulett. As you turn left on main and the hi way thru town goping east theres a little place on the right side of the road. I always stopped there for a good meal coming back from Spearfish. Its a good little spot.
"
When planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary".
 Thomas Paine

Offline Daveasxx

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Voting Wyoming resident!
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2007, 05:21:40 PM »
All this talk of good food is really bumming me out...lol.  I live on a naval ship with my family in Wy.  Navy chow leaves a lot to be desired...lol.  My best meals are cooked in my camper on the weekends that I don't have duty.  I made a cornish game hen and stuffing on Thanksgiving and went on an 8 mile hike.  Then my popane ran out in the middle of the night.  That means no heat folks...lol.  It was great!  Made a pizza last night.  Store bought, I dumped extra cheese and peperoni on it.  Unfortunately, I have duty tomorrow.  So, I had to put the camper up until next weekend.  Of course, the 19 FRN a night for a primitive site in the state park hurts--but it's well worth not staying on the ship.  One of the best things about Wy is that if you want to go camping you just find a spot and camp--free!  I'd love to be at the gorge with my family pulling trout right now.

Dave
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."? Johann W. von Goeth

Offline Brandy

• Submissive in totality to one only.
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2008, 07:12:20 AM »
THE WONDER BAR in Casper on Central.  Yummmmmmy.  Wonderful menu items like "The Garbage Can Burger",  if you order the Tower appetizer tray you may not need to order a main course.  It has a bar and an adjacent restuarant.  Worth a try.

Brandy
Veritas numquam perit - Truth never perishes!

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2008, 07:55:01 AM »
Good to see this thread resurrected, and good to see you here, Brandy!!!

Good news too. The Old Mill in Newcastle recently changed hands, and pretty much changed all the help too, so we were a bit worried. No fear, however. The food is just as good or better and the service has improved. They did go to all "non smoking," so I'm sure that's a bummer for some folks, but other than that lack of choice, everything seems great there.

I'd still like to have a good talk with whoever makes their pies, however. Far too much thick crust and the fillings are a bit bland, but not too bad.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2008, 11:38:55 AM »
Well OK........I got another one. Hulett. As you turn left on main and the hi way thru town goping east theres a little place on the right side of the road. I always stopped there for a good meal coming back from Spearfish. Its a good little spot.

It's on the north side of the road, and is called The Ponderosa.  It is really tasty.  I had their steak sandwich for two days in a row last month! :D
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline craigercj

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 06:17:39 PM »
I was somewhat surprised at the quality of restaurants in Gillette. My favs this summer were the Prime Rib, Los Margaritas (they make a mean burrito) and Bootleggers. Bootleggers was especially outstanding, great pasta and a unique setting.

Don Pedros in Green River is my favorite Mex place so far.

Offline Danl

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2008, 05:31:05 PM »
I have always like the Bozeman Crossing in Buffalo.  They have "Rocky Mountain Oysters" on the appetizer menu.... and that suits me just fine.  They have great variety of food and it is all good that I have tried.  The service has been good as well.  It is somewhat aimed at the tourist but it is in good form.  Somewhat pricey compared to the average.

You may see a little more at: Bozeman Crossing

Regards, Danl ~W~
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline wyprairielady

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2008, 10:41:37 AM »
The Winchester in Buffalo!   Everything tastes great there.  I make the drive from Gillette on a regular basis.  It is a good idea to get reservations though.  The atmoshpere isn't the best, but the food makes up for it.  Another good Buffalo restaurant is the Virginian.  It boasts a "real" chef during the summer months.  Off season is just as good though.  The atmoshpere is good there.  You can ask to sit in the Vault...no kidding it is a vault.

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2008, 03:05:31 PM »
Ya my friend in Belle Fourche says The Winchester's almost worth the drive from there too!
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline Danl

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2008, 08:43:18 PM »
Ya my friend in Belle Fourche says The Winchester's almost worth the drive from there too!

Is the Winchester at the old restored hotel uptown?

Regards, Danl ~W~
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline Fran

• Freshwaterorganics
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2008, 08:56:21 PM »
Zapata's in Cody

Found it while looking up motorcycle stuff -- a German adventure rider compared it quite favorably to his Mexican restaurant of choice in Frankfurt! :)  Of their margarita: "well balanced taste, sweet sour with a bias toward the sweet, the consistency of the the ice: perfect (slushy snow). The presentation: attractive." and the food: "The Chilis Rellenos I had as a meal and the salsa for the chips were an equally close match for my ?reference restaurant? in Frankfurt, Germany."

Paul and/or Kim, have you been there?

I've been there. It was memorable... which will prevent me from making that mistake again. Skip it.
With earthbags, we can build dirt cheap homes that last forever
one bag at a time. Although Wyoming isn't just for dirtbags...

Offline Ray

• Reader
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2008, 01:31:25 PM »
There is a sushi place in Cody we discovered a couple weeks ago called Shiki on Sheridan ave.

Actually quite good, especially for a a place like Cody. Really fresh, fairly tasty and really reasonable.

Offline wyprairielady

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2008, 08:29:06 AM »
Hey Danl!  Nope the Winchester is located east of the interstate on the old highway.  The Virginian is located downtown in the Occidental.