Author Topic: poll illustrates the attraction of the free state movement  (Read 7424 times)

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
poll illustrates the attraction of the free state movement
« on: December 21, 2007, 01:04:02 PM »
Poll: Both New Hampshire and Wyoming have been chosen by the Free State Movement. If you knew that these states would become pro-liberty, have less taxes and follow the Constitution to the letter, would you move to one of these states?

http://www.nationalexpositor.com/index.php?poll=5

So far, 92% would move.

Boston

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: poll illustrates the attraction of the free state movement
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 01:17:10 PM »
So, how many of them are willing to move first and help us make it that way? That's the more relevant question, I'd say...
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 01:31:26 PM »
Yeah, no kidding.
But, we have the pride of having been the pioneers.

Boston

Offline planetaryjim

• Needs To Get Out More
  • I am not a part of your empire.
    • The Indomitus Report
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 05:20:31 PM »
I would say that a far more relevant question is, now that we know how many of them are out there, what can each of us do to bring them to Wyoming?
My long posts make some think I'm a key figure in FSW.  I'm not. I'm not an officer nor a leader.  I'm just this guy.  I think FSW is a great idea, & defend & promote it as I'm able.   Assuming that anyone agrees w/me is mistaken. Your bad results from your poor assumptions are your responsibility.

Offline elk

• Needs To Get Out More
  • We never had to take any of it seriously, did we?
    • Downrange TV
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 06:54:48 PM »
Just like an armed citizenry is "indigestible" to an attacking nation or government, so Wyoming and NH need to be "indigestible" to tyranny loving authoritarians.

So the other question to ask is "what can be done to make the place as unsavory to tyranny enablers and lovers everywhere?  (You know, the typical collectivist scum who follow the pioneers and legislate their property away from them after the pioneers did the hard work of taming it.)
Trading privacy for security is stupid enough; not getting any actual security in the bargain is even stupider.  ~ Bruce Schneier of Cryptogram fame (www.schneier.com)

Remember always that the only thing they required of us was our moral sanction. You lost when you accepted their moral code.

Offline Danl

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 05:47:12 AM »
Just like an armed citizenry is "indigestible" to an attacking nation or government, so Wyoming and NH need to be "indigestible" to tyranny loving authoritarians.

So the other question to ask is "what can be done to make the place as unsavory to tyranny enablers and lovers everywhere?  (You know, the typical collectivist scum who follow the pioneers and legislate their property away from them after the pioneers did the hard work of taming it.)

Good points......... Elk

Regards, Dan ~W~
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline planetaryjim

• Needs To Get Out More
  • I am not a part of your empire.
    • The Indomitus Report
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 11:58:25 AM »
One of the things I liked best about Boston's book _Molon Labe_ was the idea of giving a sales tax break to those wearing guns.  That won't work in NH, as there is no sales tax.  So, they'll have to come up with something else.  But, it works plenty fine in Wyoming.

Anything that encourages more people to go about armed is a good thing.  And it would drive out the nanny-statists.
My long posts make some think I'm a key figure in FSW.  I'm not. I'm not an officer nor a leader.  I'm just this guy.  I think FSW is a great idea, & defend & promote it as I'm able.   Assuming that anyone agrees w/me is mistaken. Your bad results from your poor assumptions are your responsibility.

Offline Daveasxx

• Voting Wyoming resident!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »
It sure would Jim.  Could you imagine the wail accross the country about those crazy people in Wyoming?  I would love it...lol.  Sadly, with the numbers of people the oil and gas industry is bringing into the state I'm wondering if we are fighting a losing battle.  Last time I was there in Rock Springs at the Walmart I got a couple of really snobby disgusting looks.  It took me a while to realize it was because of my 1911 on my hip.  I just looked at them and laughed and said:  "You ain't from here are ya.  Well, ya better get used to it.  And I'll tell ya a secret.  About 80% of the folks here in Wyoming are armed at all times and just keep it in their jacket instead of out in the open."  The sad part is that never used to happen at all.

Dave
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."? Johann W. von Goeth

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 07:36:33 PM »
Sadly, with the numbers of people the oil and gas industry is bringing into the state I'm wondering if we are fighting a losing battle.

Most will leave when the bust comes. Anyway, I'm betting most who work on stuff like that are just as crazy about guns as we are. It's not the sort of occupation that attracts bunny-huggers.

Open carry is a great idea for this. Maybe some bumper stickers like "Die Yuppie Scum" would help.  :D

Oh, and when you kill a deer, don't cover it up with a tarp. Make sure it is visible as you drive through town. Maybe we ought to revive the old tradition of strapping it over the hood like when I was a kid.  :)
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline DontTreadOnMe

• FREEDOM NOW! For the future.
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 08:21:19 PM »

Oh, and when you kill a deer, don't cover it up with a tarp. Make sure it is visible as you drive through town. Maybe we ought to revive the old tradition of strapping it over the hood like when I was a kid.  :)

LOL! In one weekend in WY this last huntin' season, I saw more dead deer in town than I ever saw in two and a half decades anywhere in CO!

I liked it.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

-OPTIMUS PRIME

Offline Herk

• Wolverine
  • FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 08:28:03 PM »

Funny you should mention this; this deer season my hunting buddies were unsure as to if their trucks would be available in time to go hunting.  As it turned out their trucks were available, but had they not been we would have been forced to take my 1974 Caprice Classic (those of you who were at the Jam might remember it).  We were laughing at the thought of driving into town with our deer strapped to the hood of that massive car. 

Oh well, there's always next year!   >:D
Shiny; let's be bad guys.

III

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 08:56:30 PM »
LOL! In one weekend in WY this last huntin' season, I saw more dead deer in town than I ever saw in two and a half decades anywhere in CO!

I liked it.

Hilarious moment this season in Sundance -- I'm driving in town, and some guys at a motel have a portable deer stand set up in the *parking lot* and are skinning and gutting it right there! ;D
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline Danl

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 08:12:27 AM »
Hilarious moment this season in Sundance -- I'm driving in town, and some guys at a motel have a portable deer stand set up in the *parking lot* and are skinning and gutting it right there! ;D

Hmmmmm, believe it or not, it sounds like Pike County, IL., where I live.  If it weren't for the politicoes I might be able to stand living here.  Our county is a good county if you do have to live in IL tho......

Regards, Danl ~W~
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
    • Richard's tech pages and GPG public key
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 11:33:44 AM »
Oh, and when you kill a deer, don't cover it up with a tarp. Make sure it is visible as you drive through town. Maybe we ought to revive the old tradition of strapping it over the hood like when I was a kid.  Smiley
The steel is too thin now >:(, it'll leave dents, unless it's PA deer, they only weigh 110#, they remind me of greyhounds ;D

That gives me a product idea.  How about taking one of those bicycle carriers, the kind that mount on the roof and hold the bicycle(s) vertically, strengthening the supports, adding some grips, and perhaps a kind of "saddle" that would go inside the deer's belly to hold it up?

It sounds like a bit of work, but it would certainly display your deer as you drive home!
Get my GPG/PGP public key at: http://www.hodges.org/rh/public_rhodges.asc
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"

Offline Daveasxx

• Voting Wyoming resident!
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 02:55:14 PM »
Most will leave when the bust comes.

I'm not so sure that the current oil/gas boom won't last for about 7-10 more years.

Anyway, I'm betting most who work on stuff like that are just as crazy about guns as we are. It's not the sort of occupation that attracts bunny-huggers.

I hope that your right about this one Paul.  Granted it takes a tougher (or more deperate) lot to do this work, but I know how hard the industry is recruiting in areas like Michigan.  People who move just for  a job tend to try to make the laws the way they were where they came from.  Although, I do know that one good Wyoming winter ususally cases a lot of folks away in the spring;).

Dave
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."? Johann W. von Goeth