Author Topic: member of the FSP-NH  (Read 12395 times)

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Social Type
    • nhliberty.org
Re: member of the FSP-NH
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 06:45:30 PM »
The more liberty minded you get people, the more frustrated they get with the status quo.  The trick is getting them to vent that frustration against anti-liberty incumbents, especially by voting them out of office.

I have jeffersonforum.net/forum up and running, now, and there's even a Child Board there dedicated to Wyoming (and a separate one for Montana, called Handa' Montana).  Hopefully, this will turn into an effective recruiting tool for Montana, Wyoming, and NH activists, as well as a soap box for changing people's minds in favor of freedom.  The name is also quite easy to remember.
nhliberty.org Learn how to affect legislation to make your own state freer.

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 10:07:46 AM »
Congrats on your new forum, and I wish it every success!
Thanks for the Wyoming child board.

~W~
Boston

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Social Type
    • nhliberty.org
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 04:54:31 PM »
Of course.  I'm hoping to find all of the small project efforts and get them to jeffersonforum.net

We should also have a nice looking from page up in a few weeks.
nhliberty.org Learn how to affect legislation to make your own state freer.

Offline Bigduane

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2008, 07:27:04 PM »
As it has already been pointed out, people have to want to change in order to change. A few years ago I was following the FSP. When they voted for NH I quit keeping up with them. There is NO freedom in the Northeast. The taxes are high. Land and housing is expensive.
 But I kept seeing adds for " Molon Labe" in SGN. And then I came across this forum. So I ordered "BGB"(Great read Get it now if you do not have it) and "Molon Labe"(also great get it too). And I started thinking about freedom. I am a Republican , the Liberterian stand on drugs sort of chafes me. However on most issues I can go along with the LP. None of us will agree 100% on everything.
 When I told my family I was going to move to Wyoming, They all asked why. I answered to live free. Free from mindless violence that now haunts our large cities and now most of the smaller ones. I live in a Parrish on 40000. The other night we booked into the jail 2 brothers one 18 and one 17. He just turned 17. They each had 3 counts of drive by shooting. and 3 counts of illegal use of a weapon. Home invasions are increasing here in Louisiana. Street gangs run wild in most of our cities after dark. The people are still allowed arms here but so far these gangsters have not picked the right house. It was getting bad in SC before I moved 4 years ago. Tell me you dont have gangsters running free in Wyoming.
 NH is just to close to all of the major cities in The Northeast in case of a general colaspe, thats why I am moving to Wyoming just as soon as I can.
Why am I not in Wyoming Already? Because I have been lazy for years. I am coming to visit in 2010. To live forever in 2012. Look out Wyoming!!

Offline VFTR55

• Newblood in Alta
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 07:37:18 PM »
...When they voted for NH I quit keeping up with them. There is NO freedom in the Northeast. The taxes are high. Land and housing is expensive.
...NH is just to close to all of the major cities in The Northeast in case of a general colaspe, thats why I am moving to Wyoming just as soon as I can.

Agreed. It just doesn't make sense to set up that kind of movement in that area; the fundamentals aren't there, period. I've never been to NH, and while I hear that the scenery's nice, the statistics on the cost of living there and what-not don't equate to being left alone. Oh well, different stokes for different folks.
"Finance has become the modern mode of warfare. It is cheaper to seize land by foreclosure rather than armed occupation, and to obtain rights to mineral wealth and public infrastructure by hooking governments and economies on debt than by invading them."   - Michael Hudson

Offline Jeffersonian

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 01:22:20 PM »
Bigduane,

I'm not trying to start an argument or change your mind or anything, I just wanted to give you some food for thought. Do with it what you will.

The libertarian position on drugs is not one of approval of drug use, but rather disapproval of government involvement in the private lives of American citizens. Just ask yourself one thing: Has the "war on drugs" been anything other than a dismal failure?

That's all I have. Have a pleasant day!

Offline Bigduane

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008, 05:39:27 PM »
Its not an arguement or anything. As a deputy I know that the people hooked on drugs will committ violent crimes to feed the habit. If you make drugs legal and available at Walmart they will still have to pay for them. Still gonna do the crime. I had a good friend who was in a wheelchair beat to death with a claw hammer because 2 idiots wanted his money to buy weed. So much for weed does not cause violence. Legal or not the crime will continue.
 But other than that I agree with most of the LP platform. I can even accecpt the drug part to get back my freedom. I just know the crime will continue.
 Bigduane
Why am I not in Wyoming Already? Because I have been lazy for years. I am coming to visit in 2010. To live forever in 2012. Look out Wyoming!!

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2008, 11:41:32 AM »
Howdy all,

The drug issue isn't really about drugs, but about taking
responsibility for one's actions (whether on drugs or not).

Once I discussed this with a county deputy friend, opining that
there's nothing wrong with somebody staying home and
taking drugs.  His reply:

"Yeah, but they don't stay home!"

Meaning, they get out in public and commit crimes.
He's got a point.

Although I do not believe that drugs should be outlawed,
I do empathize with cops about this.  The use of drugs can
easily overwhelm rational behavior, and thus personal responsibility.
An outright addict, especially.

The ramifications are not cut-and-dried, particularly when the court
system doesn't sufficiently punish crimes of property and aggression.

Anyway, thanks Bigduane for your posts, and I hope that you will
continue to feel welcome here and in Wyoming.  No gangs out here!

Boston

Offline MANUMIT

• Needs To Get Out More
  • A Free-Market Individualist Family Man, In Wyoming
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2008, 11:56:28 AM »
IMmHO, crime is merely a result of individuals choosing to ignore non-aggression as a human principle to get or implement what they want without having to work for it...

The product used to mentally "justify" the action to the robbers is inconsequential.

Whether the assets stolen are used to buy drugs OR pay for school/city/federal budgets, it's all the same action and result....THEFT and CRIME.

The "Wars On ______" do nothing but further erode life, liberty and our pursuits of happiness in this "not free, but still freer-than-most" countries. 

If law-abiding citizens would be prepared to defend themselves and their property against all crime, the "addicts" will quickly learn to leave folks alone to live in peace.  Then if they continue to prey upon other "addicts", then the shell game ends that much quicker.

MANUMIT
"I bet you have much more in common with the average Iraqi shop keeper, than any of the politicians that represent you."--Silver Smith
"WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE THE PATH, CHANGE DIRECTION"--Me

Offline Bigduane

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2008, 04:50:50 PM »
 I do feel welcome here. I am looking forward to coming to Wyoming. I am looking forward to hunting the majestic ELK when I get there.
 Here in Louisiana we have to be wathful for gators and snakes in the swamps when hunting deer. Gators have no trouble digesting a Bigduane.

Offline Bigduane

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2008, 05:16:29 PM »
A gutfull of Bigduane would be a #2 :P
 Bigduane

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2008, 10:52:04 PM »
As a deputy I know that the people hooked on drugs will committ violent crimes to feed the habit. If you make drugs legal and available at Walmart they will still have to pay for them. Still gonna do the crime.

Well, it's a good thing we still have alcohol prohibition. Beer drinkers would be killing innocents to get their beer money even if we legalized it.  :)

Bigduane, you may find a few exceptions, but pot smokers even now generally do not do any crime to smoke pot; it's more like losers commit crime who also happen to smoke pot (we could as plausibly say people commit crime to drink coffee). If legalized, it would be grown in closets or sold at the corner drug store. Why commit a crime for something so cheap and available? Anyway, there is no need to wonder what would happen with legalization; we already know. The crime rate dropped tremendously after alcohol prohibition ended. If we ended all drug prohibition, the exact same thing would happen.

We don't have a "War on Some Drugs" to keep crime down, when it is so clear that prohibition itself is the cause of all this crime. We have it because the cops/judges/prosecutors/jailers/social workers find it profitable to throw 2 million Americans in jail. It's a jobs program. And that's the only reason for it.

Anyway it's my business, not yours or anybody else's. If anyone busts my door down, I don't care if it is because of alleged drug use or because of some alleged gun violation, or any other thing. I still will be doing my best to kill their ass. I hope you don't get the impression, from the sometimes conservative flavor of this forum, that people will tolerate Gestapo tactics in Wyoming. They won't.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:04:06 PM by Paul Bonneau »
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline Bigduane

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2008, 12:42:54 PM »
Paul I have never advocated Gestapo tactics. I told the Sheriff when he hired me I would not go house to house and collect guns. We all have our addictions. Mine are hot women. 1 day its gonna kill me. >:D

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2008, 12:37:10 PM »
OK, now everyone understands each other:

Not all cops are thugs, and not all pot smokers are criminals.

Boston

Offline citizen_142002

• Reader
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2009, 01:40:15 PM »
Its not an arguement or anything. As a deputy I know that the people hooked on drugs will committ violent crimes to feed the habit. If you make drugs legal and available at Walmart they will still have to pay for them. Still gonna do the crime. I had a good friend who was in a wheelchair beat to death with a claw hammer because 2 idiots wanted his money to buy weed. So much for weed does not cause violence. Legal or not the crime will continue.
 But other than that I agree with most of the LP platform. I can even accecpt the drug part to get back my freedom. I just know the crime will continue.
 Bigduane

I don't know of many alcoholics or nicotine addicts who commit violent crimes to buy drugs. Most of them work for the money to fuel their habit because the prices of legal drugs make that economically viable. I think that blaming that murder on weed is pretty shortsighted. If their objective was drug money they wouldn't have beat the guy to death. There are people who steal and kill simply because they like money and power but I don't think it makes sense to pin the blame on whatever they blow the loot on. I'm sure thieves buy butts and beer with their stolen loot too, but that doesn't mean those products caused them to commit the crime. They were probably perfectly capable of supporting themselves and their habits through honest work, but just proffered to be leaches.

Most pot smoker that I know who commit crimes are simply selling drugs to supplement their own habit. I'm not saying that all methheads and heroin addicts would necessarily stop stealing if these drugs were legal, but you'd see a reduction in the amount of theft IMO and if you can respect peoples liberties and crime rates staid flat, that would be an improvement. To be honest I think you'd see less demand for the hard drugs, just like you see less demand for hard liquor now than during prohibition. People tend to prefer drugs that are not super concentrated.