Author Topic: City vs. Country  (Read 16287 times)

Offline biathlon

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: City vs. Country
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2009, 12:39:44 PM »
MNM, you and DJ do WHATEVER it takes to git yer a$$s here first and worry about the details later. Get the f@#% outa that stinkhole as fast as you can.  ~W~ Once yer here you'll find that the word of mouth system still works better than all the web surfing. Good luck.

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
  • FSW friend. In Wyoming.
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2009, 12:48:30 PM »
Thank you!

Looking forward to meeting y'all.

We'll be driving around Wyoming a little before and after the Appleseed in June (which we're attending.)

Here are the places we'll be bunking (hotels, except camp for Appleseed.) If anyone is in these areas and wants to meet, at least for coffee, p.m. me please.

Provo, Utah
Gillette, WY
Upton, WY
Newcastle, WY
Upton, WY
Gillette, WY
Casper, WY
Cheyenne, WY
Durango, CO
Phoenix, AZ
--
Thank you!
MWD and DJD
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline biathlon

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2009, 03:21:42 PM »
Cheyenne? ??? I'm right over the hill in Laramie and I may have room for ya. I may have some other FSW guests at the time.

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2009, 03:29:59 PM »
Cheyenne? ??? I'm right over the hill in Laramie and I may have room for ya. I may have some other FSW guests at the time.

Very cool.

I think we're set for place to stay, but would love to come by and say hi.
Will ping ya when it's closer in time.

Thank you!
MWD
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2009, 12:12:03 AM »
So from Provo to Gillette have you decided on a route yet?  Driving that all in one day ?  Might be some folks along the way ?
Also Cheyenne to Durango, will that be mostly I-25 down through Denver or jumping off on the back roads a little ?
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2009, 12:29:45 AM »
So from Provo to Gillette have you decided on a route yet?  Driving that all in one day ?  Might be some folks along the way ?

Yes, in one day. But we'd certainly have to stop for lunch/dinner, if you want to meet us at a diner or somewhere not far from the highway.

Also Cheyenne to Durango, will that be mostly I-25 down through Denver or jumping off on the back roads a little ?

Yes, straight through.

I know we're missing the most scenic parts of Wyoming, but will see 'em all when we move there. We have a lot to do, and Debra Jean has a set amount of vacation time off work to do it. We will be at Appleseed both days, but other than that, we want to spend at least a night in the three largest cities, (and two nights in Cheyenne) to see what "feels right." Also maybe look at some houses for sale outside of town, maybe if we can set it up, have the wife meet with some lawyers for a pre-job interview. Also want to set up a showing of a film I made and give a talk in Cheyenne, hang out with a friend there, then go see relatives and friends in Phoenix.

Whew! I'm practically out of breath just typing that! Didn't seem like so much until I put it down in print.

I guess I still book travel routes the way we did when I was in a band.   :D
MWD
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2009, 02:02:24 PM »
Sign we liked that we saw today on a nearby residential horse property driveway:
"We have five acres, a shovel, and a shotgun."
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline Big Ugly

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2009, 11:28:16 PM »
Hello, Michael,
Do you know which route you'll be taking between Provo and Gillette?
From the mapping utility, the shortest and fastest is over South Pass from Rock Springs, Lander, Riverton, Casper, up to Midwest/Edgerton (387), up through Savageton (50) to Gillette. Better views, just as fast as I-80. Both Lander and Riverton have some really good eats - China Garden Buffet <$10 AYCE, El Sol in both Riverton & Lander.
Clean them,<br />Load them,<br />Keep them near at hand.<br />Remember Capt. Parker.<br /><br />\\\"Les hommes sages n\\\'ont pas besoin conseil. Idiots ne le prendront pas.\\\"

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2009, 11:33:15 PM »
Sounds good to me. Added to our info. Thanks!

MWD
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline rusty nail

• Reader
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2009, 07:17:40 PM »
...Also, for your wife, take a look at http://www.corneredcat.com/TOC.aspx This is a website by, for and of women who carry to defend themselves.  Lots of good stuff about women's holsters and other carry concerns.

ML, Just discovered Cornered Cat.  Been looking for information for friends who have been considering a firearm for home defense.  I had sent them a copy of Mossad Ayoub's book on gun proofing children (http://ayoob.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Ayoob&Product_Code=GP&Category_Code=AMAB).  I was pleased to find similar information at the Cornered Cat, as well as a lot of other information.  Sent them the link.

I think many others would benefit from browsing and reading the entire web site.

Rustynail

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2009, 06:22:23 AM »
That's great! Also for women, there is a great forum (over 6,000 members) called Women & Guns: http://womenandguns.servertalk.in/index.php?mforum=womenandguns

There are even a few gentlemen who post there! LOL
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline cREbralFIX

• Social Type
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2009, 04:10:35 PM »
Wrangler.
7 belt loops, and perfect for mag pouch and holster orientation.

Boston

Wrangler 13MWZ pants.  Just about the worst are 511 "tactical" pants and clones.  The loops are too wide and in exactly the wrong locations.

As Boston said...Wranglers are setup perfectly for carry.  The loops are wide enough for a double magazine holder to fit between them.