Author Topic: Another reason, as if you need one...10%  (Read 8292 times)

Offline Dirttime Dude

• Rather Interested
Another reason, as if you need one...10%
« on: November 02, 2009, 05:51:02 PM »

Whie Im working on my move, slowly but surely. Things seem to block progress, one step forward 2 back , type of thing.
 After spending most of my life in SoCa, it takes a bit more work than one might think. I aint no youngster..
 Careers and friends, family,  and "stuff" etc all seem to slow down the pace.
 Then I have a book coming out the early spring of 2010, and Im dealing with that ordeal . ( Songwriters Survival Guide to Success: How to Pitch your Songs), it is with a major publisher and just getting a few pictures is a time consuming thing. Among other info they need.
 Writing for the magazine, Wilderness Way... Yes Rich your package will be forthcoming... ::)
 And we are working on and filming  a survival series about survival....been a busy old buzzard..

Also Im in the heavy duty planning stages for Dirttime 10 in Wyoming... that is almost a fulltime job..just a 7 months and a few days away.

BUT... California just raised the income tax on everyone ... get this ...by 10 percent.... 10%...10 % It will taken out of everyones pay check ....Im self employed and have been about half of my adult life...but still it can nail me..
 It is only supposed to last a little while... right....

. I have a meeting setup with my CPA..
 I really just want to "cut and run"..But I have no place located as of yet, etc.. small problems like where am I going to live etc..
 Have to be cleared up..

I cannot go live with my daughter who lives in Gillette, some of you met her at Richs...
 I have cut down on a lot of "gear" but still have a good deal Im bringing with me.
 All has to do with my being able to be self-reliant....etc...

So the 10% will kick some butt with folks from Calie if they have the getandgo...

Dude...coveryerownsix
I have been where the hand of man has never set foot

Offline Freedog

• Social Type
Re: Another reason, as if you need one...10%
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:08:21 PM »
Hey Dude, I hear you.  I have been trying to get out of the People's Republic of New York, which just hit its businesses and self employed with another tax to keep the transit system salaries moving.  1/3 of 1% of profits.  Like you, I am hitting snag after snag, but I use those tax increases to stay motivated.  I have no idea if I will ever get a job in Wyoming, but I keep trying.  Everyday I take at least one step towards Wyoming, no matter how small it might be.  I look forward to meeting you at DirtTime10.
Live and let live!

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:00:37 PM »
CA will simply continue to raise taxes and drive the best and brightest out of the state. What remains will be the deadwood and moochers that suck the blood of those few productive citizens who remain behind. The politicians will stand around scratching their heads (and other body parts) trying to figure out how to develop more "revenue sources" for their faltering state.

Eventually Uncle Obama will bail them out, but in a not so obvious way.

It appears that the "Golden State" is not golden after all, but is rather a tarnished pile of junk metal.

Yeah, I used to live there in a previous life. Never again. Never.

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline elk

• Needs To Get Out More
  • We never had to take any of it seriously, did we?
    • Downrange TV
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 12:30:01 AM »
*gasp* (begin sardonic irony towards Kahliforniah's "plight"):

Hahahahaha... oh wait.  Sardonic Irony is called for.

How about truth instead?  I heard the Guvernator giving zee speech about zee evektiveness uv his bailout.  Zee guvernator sez it eez werkink wery well!  Zey are un zee path to kreatink a whole 1 million jobz! 

Zee 10% tax increase is the path to glorious new vistaz kumradez!  Do not oppose the 10% tax hike!  Only opponents of the peeplez revolushawnary politiks oppose zee neue tax hike of measly 10%.

/endsardonic irony.

OMG... I almost ran off the damn road hearing that.  I was laughing THAT hard!   I had to REALLY focus on my driving so I wouldn't put any wheel over the snooze zipper.  By Moses' beard!  I swear this stuff is GOOD!  I mean DAMN GOOD.  Let them fleece the sheep until it dies of hypothermia.

Disclaimer: I am not driving now.  I parked sometime ago, so don't fret that I was being unsafe.  I am merely finding a way to express my sheer laughter at this mess.  And for the record, I was in a four wheeler, so it wasn't even a truck.  :)
Trading privacy for security is stupid enough; not getting any actual security in the bargain is even stupider.  ~ Bruce Schneier of Cryptogram fame (www.schneier.com)

Remember always that the only thing they required of us was our moral sanction. You lost when you accepted their moral code.

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 05:17:12 AM »
One of the things I thought of often... while I planned my ESCAPE from California...

At what point will they PREVENT the productive people from leaving?

Think it couldn't happen?

Get out of there, even if you have to come in just your long johns.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 05:56:03 AM »

Boing just moved their 787 production to South Carolina because of taxes and draconian labor laws in WA.  State officials are shocked, shocked I tell you...

Capital is mobile.  Directive 10-289 in 3... 2... 1...

(for the uninitiated:  http://education.yahoo.com/homework_help/cliffsnotes/atlas_shrugged/52.html)
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline jubal

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
    • Marksmans Box
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 08:29:09 AM »

Do what it takes to get the hell out of Kalifornicate. No one said it would be a rose garden. Get your old Jarhead ass out here Boot.
"
When planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary".
 Thomas Paine

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 09:42:49 AM »
Good to read an update, Dude, and I'm glad that you're still enroute for next year!
Your stress level will be cut in half after you get out of CA!

Boston

Offline SteveM

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 10:34:23 AM »

Boing just moved their 787 production to South Carolina because of taxes and draconian labor laws in WA.  State officials are shocked, shocked I tell you...

And largely because they are fed up with the Machinist Union striking every four years to prove they can do it.  Gained absolutely nothing in the last strike except giving Boeing an excuse to move to SC.  These strikes are very disruptive and give Boeing a bad name with customers.  Delayed plane deliveries cost the customers money and since Airbus is a smart competitor Boeing really needs any edge it can get.  The pols in western Washington here are pretty much all anti-business and this part of the state controls the legislature and usually determines who sits in the governors chair.
Fearlessness is better than a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago.
For Scirnis

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »
Dude, check this out. I believe it is close to dirttime 2010 event.

http://www.homesandland.com/Real_Estate/WY/City/Upton/ListingId/12378602.html
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:36:55 PM by wyomiles »
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline Dirttime Dude

• Rather Interested
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 06:04:29 PM »

thanks for the replies everyone... and so of them were funny, even if they are true.. but sad also.

Im on track..

I really dont have to work, so getting a job is not a problem for me...
 but knowing that you dont need a job, is when you get offered work... kinda funny and sad aint it??
 I do have a few options that are opening up.

Dirttime 10 will be  agood show... We have top instructors, and survival folks showing up for the classes..
 I might even be there alreadyas a Wyoming rez... FSW ....how cool would that be , sez I ...

Jubal, who you callin a boot? oh yeah.. he has me by a few days..
 Wyomiles, thanks for the link..
 Boston, hope to see you at DT10 and yes I just know the stress level will go down..
 Elk, shreznegger, or whatever is most likely the worst guv that Cal has ever had..
 I dont foresee a future for him in politics.. except to lose.

Ya know I planned my escape one other time from California... I had the gear I wanted etc..
 I had property located in Oregon, I put my house up for sale. The next day...
 Feb 1971... wham, slam, bam... The Sylmar earthquake hit... They said it was 7.2, then said 6.8 etc..
 I was 6 miles from the epicenter... I could not give my house away for the next several years.
 I needed the money from that house to move back then..
 So planning is sometimes goofed up and completly out of our hands.. dontcha know..

Anyway... Im charging ahead...

Dude...check yer6
I have been where the hand of man has never set foot

Offline jubal

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
    • Marksmans Box
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 06:25:14 PM »

Keep pluggin on. You'll make it this time.
"
When planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary".
 Thomas Paine

Offline Rafi

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 08:40:16 PM »
Dude,
It is not a 10% tax.
It is an increase in the witholding; it is raised  by 10%. Basically the state is borrowing money, albeit by force, from employed taxpayers.
It will amount to about $4 per week per $50,000 of income. It will be returned next April.
If you are self employed it should not effect you.

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

• Needs To Get Out More
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 08:59:11 PM »
Dude,
It is not a 10% tax.
It is an increase in the witholding; it is raised  by 10%. Basically the state is borrowing money, albeit by force, from employed taxpayers.
It will amount to about $4 per week per $50,000 of income. It will be returned next April.
If you are self employed it should not effect you.

Sounds like a press release from the FTB.

And the degree that it affects people is somewhat dependent on the decision the government makes next year, if they will actually pay the tax returns on time, or pay with IOU's or warrants or whatever.

Here's a solution for the serfs still behind enemy lines:  Change your withholding at work and increase the number of dependents for state taxes.  I'd go so far as to actually have to pay the state come April 15 next year:  Why depend on their honesty?

Most people in the world are Sheep.
Some are Wolves.
A very few are Sheepdogs.

I guess I'm just the vet

Politician, Rope, Lamppost.  Some assembly required

Offline Rafi

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 08:40:06 AM »
I dont know how it could sound like a press release; Why would the state release a statement including "Basically the state is borrowing money, albeit by force"?
I am just stating the facts.
Changing your witholding, as you said, will negate the state's plan.