Author Topic: Great Quotes  (Read 9506 times)

Offline John

• FSW Associate
  • Wyoming Housing Provider
Re: Great Quotes
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2020, 01:09:34 PM »
Thinking is easy,
Acting is difficult,

and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

-- of course: Goethe

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2020, 02:32:57 PM »
It’s getting crazy out there. The severe bias in almost everything out there is … sorry I can’t think of a word that fits here. I thought these two quotes were apropos.

From I’m no hero by Charlie Plumb A Pow Story as Told to Glen Dewerf  (Independence press 1973)

P 108  “Not once did I see any printed matter-a book, magazine, newspaper, lyrics to songs, written speeches, or billboards- that contained anything but propaganda. I was given the understanding that writers, artists, and journalists were required to take a solemn oath to promote in every work the ‘people’s fight against obdurate aggression and world hegemony.’”

P 110  “I’d had plenty of time-much more than was necessary-to see that his ‘truth’ was nothing more than a fool’s tale. No person with the slightest discernment could possibly miss the fallacies in the propaganda. Yet, it happened all the time. Like this novice, the Vietnamese expressed amazement when I did not agree that their black was white.”
"For if men do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?" Jesus Christ Luke 23:31

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2020, 10:30:31 AM »
 “If you want to live in places that get burned down by rioters while the police evacuate and the politicians in charge celebrate the pyromaniacs, then you should vote for the Democrats in November.” Dinesh D’Souza
"For if men do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?" Jesus Christ Luke 23:31

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2020, 06:34:46 PM »
“You can’t reason a man out of a position he didn’t reason himself into.” Jonathan Swift

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2020, 01:48:19 PM »
“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” Martin Luther King, jr.