Author Topic: The 300! The 1st 300 FSW Moving Members  (Read 84941 times)

Offline Rich

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Cowboy Up, Or Go Sit in the Truck!
The 300! The 1st 300 FSW Moving Members
« on: September 23, 2009, 01:23:01 PM »
The purpose of this thread is to discuss the development of the 1st 300 moving members,
as a promotional campaign...

Known as:  The 300! 

The impetus for this was started Here:  http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=4823.45
Starting on page 4...

I like your idea of The 300!  That is a reasonable number to reach, and fairly quickly.
Perhaps I can design a Spartenesque badge or pin.
If other FSWers get behind The 300, I think it'll fly.
Let's get a new thread going in FSW Promotional about it!

;)
Boston[/color]

Yes a badge or pin...I am thinking maybe sterling silver, to denote some "Real" Value.

Rich
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 05:08:28 PM by Rich »
"There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."  "Sec Def Rumsfeldt"

Offline colonial shooter

• FSW Rifleman
  • RWVA Senior Instructor, NRA Life, 4H instructor
Re: The 300! The 1st 300 FSW Moving Members
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 02:08:48 PM »
Who fits in this category?
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Offline Rich

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 03:00:32 PM »
Well, thats part of what we need to determine here, and then how to promote it and the FSW to get MORE
people to move... if you read the previous posts in the link provided, we were just discussing it.

And then we need to use it for our prospective members and our current fence sitters.

As a kind of Nudge... and a goal.

What are your thoughts?

Rich
"There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."  "Sec Def Rumsfeldt"

Offline biathlon

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 03:11:15 PM »
300! I like it.  >:D

Offline Rich

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 05:32:52 PM »
I was trying to look though the stats...

Other than manually, is there a way to determine from the forum software
such things as:

The #s of Founding members in Wyoming

The #s of FSW members in Wyoming

And this I doubt but i'll ask... If they moved or already lived here.

and do we have members who are not on the forum... IE paper submissions?

Like from back in the day of the original SOFI? ...whom are still active?

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 06:30:32 PM »
Rich, I have that info, but have not yet decided what to publish.
We're still hashing out the 300 concept.

Also, the 100+ movers are not all FSWers, but did move to Wyoming
in part through/because of the FSW.  I.e., they wouldn't have likely
moved to without the existence of the FSW.  So, I count them.
They're FSWers in all but a SofI.  MWD and DJ are prime recent examples.

Boston

Offline Rich

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 06:44:49 PM »
Right got it...

Just off the top of my head I can think of 8 maybe more previous resident
Members, anyway its not tons of folks, or maybe it's more than I think.

But we'll flesh this out over time.

As this gets developed.

Rich

Offline ZooT_aLLures

• Social Type
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 10:49:43 PM »
Yes a badge or pin...I am thinking maybe sterling silver, to denote some "Real" Value.

Is the 301st person and any after that of only some lesser degree of or otherwise artificial value relative to the first 300?

Offline Rich

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 11:19:50 PM »

Is the 301st person and any after that of only some lesser degree of or otherwise artificial value relative to the first 300?

No. but getting 300 is a milestone and will help achieve "critical mass" as it were for future recruiting
efforts.  Maybe critical mass isn't correct but say a demonstrable number? and its recognition
for the early "Pioneers of the movement" who were willing to risk relocation.

And it has significance in the basis of Molon Labe'.

All kinds of companies, and organizations use Early Incentives, to get people to try new things.

And if the incentive has little or no value its not much of an incentive then.

I would want it to be something that got passed down, not tossed out.

Rich

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Social Type
    • nhliberty.org
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 08:59:02 AM »
I had thought of running it like the Next 1,000 pledge at pledgebank.com/Next1000  In this case, The 300 would include:

1. FSWers who had already moved to Wyoming
2. Folks who will be able to move by a certain date, or within some time (seven years) of signing the pledge
3. Locals who had become superactivists who had been exerting efforts equal to the difficulty others had faced in moving out to Wyoming.
4. Perhaps Montana folk (and folks in adjacent states) who, nevertheless, are helping out tremendously with the Wyoming effort, though not sure about this one if they don't live there year round...

#2, in my mind is the hard one.  pledgebank.com tends to adhere to deadlines, which are good for getting folks on the ball at the last minute.  The worry that the deadline could pass caused a lot of us to get on the phone and email everyone about the First 1,000 pledge out here, and we just barely managed days before the deadline... but it really helped FSP-New Hampshire.  Pledgebank is great for getting folks to agree to do something in the future, but makes the pledge binding only if they can join 300 other folks who are engaged in the same effort.
nhliberty.org Learn how to affect legislation to make your own state freer.

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 07:55:27 PM »
I'm agin' it.

I thought we were not going to count members and get on this "body count" kick that FSP is on. Let folks move quietly, we don't need to enumerate them. We don't want a "census". We don't need to know. We certainly don't need to get our nose in the air with the later immigrants.

Just my opinion.
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Social Type
    • nhliberty.org
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 08:52:08 PM »
I think it's a good point.  In New Hampshire, we say that the biggest recruiting tool we have is The Counter.  It seems odd, but when folks see that counter moving up, they sign up.  I don't know what it is about the psychology of those things.  McDonald's used to do it with those XX billion served, even though there were only X billion people on Earth.

Of course, if we put something up on pledgebank.com , folks who want to promote the benefits of a counter could sign up and put their John Hancock there for all to see.  Those wanting to sign up anonymously are able to do so for privacy concerns.  Objectors, of course, shouldn't be pressured into putting their name on a counter, though we saw that several times out here.

As far as I'm concerned, no means no, and anyone not wanting to promote a "running counter" approach shouldn't be asked twice.  Just my two cents.
nhliberty.org Learn how to affect legislation to make your own state freer.

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 09:17:46 AM »
quote:
and do we have members who are not on the forum... IE paper submissions?

Yes, I know several people who were on the forum, came to WY because of the forum and FSW, and no longer participate. They used it as a tool (a good one) to get here, and now are living the life they wanted and no longer have the time or interest in continuing to chat about it! But they are still the same folks they were when they came.

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 11:02:34 AM »
when folks see that counter moving up, they sign up.  I don't know what it is about the psychology of those things.

I do.  It's one of the things I'm moving to Wyoming to get away from.
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline Rich

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 11:09:07 AM »
We are talking about a very small # of pro liberty folks not the statists from CO. or elsewhere.

The whole point of the FSW was to attract such folks.

Rich