Author Topic: Under 30s?  (Read 26077 times)

laurel

Re: Under 30s?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »
And to all the guys, if you are going to get a college girl, get her while she is a freshman. It sounds like Mike has done this; good job. You see, freshman girls have almost no idea how to act, and they are highly impressionable. Even sophomores have a great deal more confidence- stay away from them. And once they are seniors, you are screwed, and not in a good way. They know what they want and if you are in that picture, great, and if not, tough.

See, I respectfully disagree. I was indeed at the end of my freshman year when I began dating Mike, but I had a very clear picture of how to act and wasn't exactly "highly impressionable." Are there many girls out there like that? Yes... but a bunch of y'all said you'd like to find ladies with my mindset, and I'll tell you what - young, impressionable girls are NOT them!

If you have to mold a woman into what you want her to be, what's to say she isn't going to up and decide someday that she hates Wyoming, couldn't give a rip about guns, and is going to run off and marry a rich banker and live in a penthouse in Seattle? Sooner or later a woman will grow into her own, and if you've tried to "catch her young" in hopes of making her what you want her to be, you're in for a rude awakening when you come home to an empty house because she decided she was sick of being "molded."

Nope, sorry Max, but you've got it exactly backwards. If you want a woman who is going to back you up in Wyoming, you need one who knows exactly who she is and what she wants. Dragging an unsure woman out there is a recipe for disaster. You'll end up alone in Wyoming with an alimony payment. This is not to mention the fact that if you take a woman and make her in the image of what you want, shouldn't you have just gotten a dog or something? I'm far from a feminist, but a woman is supposed to be a strong partner for your life, not just a live-in chef and babymaker. If you want a wife who cooks and cleans and raises your children, you better be damned sure it's because that's what she feels called to do as her womanly duty, that she is confident in that and it's what she seeks for her life. If you take some scared little freshman and try to make her that - again, be prepared for a rude awakening.

Besides, why would you even want to be with a woman who doesn't know what she wants, but goes with you because of - what, a lack of options? You say to avoid seniors because they know what they want, and if you don't fit into it, you're screwed... Don't you want a woman to want you?

You should be shooting for a woman who knows exactly what she wants: a warrior, a gentleman, a father, a strong husband, a businessman, a marksman, etc. She should have a very clear picture of what her man should be, and if you don't fit into that, it's because she doesn't see you as the right man for the job. Be the man that a woman like that will desire, and you will find yourself a confident, strong, and loving wife. You will not be happy with less in the long (life) run, even if it's easier to come by to start with.

If you'd like a Biblical reference to the perfect wife, IMHO, check out Proverbs 31. That's my goal. I'd say she's a heck of a lot closer to a FSW woman than a demure, unsure college freshman, no?

Laurel

P.S. I just read this to Mike before I posted it, to see what he thought, and he agreed with me and added "If you just get an impressionable woman and make her what you want, you can't find any joy in her because she's not authentic. It's kind of like the fact that there's no glory in conquering a weak people."

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 06:27:47 PM »
Eloquent, Laurel.

All of what you say is true, which is why I am not attached to anyone despite being in a town of 10,000 age-eligible women. I have not found one who a) knows who she is and b) knows what she wants, where I fit the description of the later. So I do agree with you that women who know themselves are more interesting. It is just that being patient is such a pain.

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 07:47:43 PM »
Just figured I'd chime in here for the sake of a complete thread, even though I'm fast approaching the outer edge of your given bracket.  :o

And for the record, there are many hotties in Spearfish. :)
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2006, 12:43:58 AM »
from Laurel:
Who'da thunk we'd find FSW'ers not yet in WY, and 10 minutes from us!?
That's great to hear!
I betokens a rather wide circle of FSWers out there.
No longer is this org "just Boston and his big mouth" (according
to the FSP's founder).

btw, "Uncle" Boston is very pleased with the fun energy and intelligent
discussion of this thread.
[/color]

Offline SteveL

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Ex-Kalifornian
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2006, 07:52:31 AM »
Now I'm curious, just where do ya meet a girl with similar goals? I've NEVER met one who thought anything like me on whats important (not even my own sisters :P) so I dont know if its bad luck or is that just part of the female species?
You say cynical like it's something bad.

Offline biathlon

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2006, 09:15:31 AM »
ALL of the students show up in late summer, not just the freshmen. Some of the graduate students are 35-40 + and there are all the "non traditional" students too. Post graduate, seniors, juniors, sophomores, the ones who take 6-8 years to get their undergraduate degree. Lots of foreigners too. Right noe the male to female ratio is 2- 3.8 which is nearly 2 ladies to every guy in this town. b

appaloosablue

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2006, 09:17:43 AM »
When I was of freshman age what I wanted then does in no way correlate to what I want to today and what I have become. ?I am still a work in progress--hopefully progressing in the right direction. ?I came from a family that didn't help guide me to become a strong person. I really didn't start figuring this out until I had been married about 5 years and had a 5 year old son. ?When I saw what the system wanted to do to my child I rose up and started to fight for the well being of my child. ?This experience is what started my process of independent thinking. ?Before that I never questioned the 'authorities'.

While I agree with Laurel that a women who know who she is would be ideal, sometimes people don't know who they are and what they want out of life. ?If a girl comes from the typical American family she's grown up on TV and two parents working. ?Maybe she doesn't realize there are other options.

My husband and I came from the above mentioned situation. ?If you had given us the scenario of where we are today when we were newlyweds we would have laughed in your face. ?It took the two of us working together for 16 years to become the people we are today. ?

SteveL keep looking--don't try and mold a girl just let her know who you are and what you believe in. ?If she's not sure where she stands in life seeing you as a strong example of a real man just might make help find herself so she can be your mate and not an adversary.

If any of the young men on this thread had met me when I was 18 I think the general consensus would have been 'nice to look at but not a coherent thought in her head' :-\ ?

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2006, 11:25:18 AM »
On finding a woman with similar goals:
One tactic I have tried, uttely without success, is to wear my Gadsden t-shirt around campus. Bright yellow, with a snake and "liberty or death" written on it. Maybe if I was waving a flag...

But the real problem is the needle in the haystack issue. In this town of 10,000 college aged women, I am sure that there are 10 or so with whom there would be mutual interest. But as my roommate said, "The kind of girls we want- they are probably home reading!" I have faith that they are out there- they are just in hiding, which would make sense if they knew Boston was out there waiting for them to turn 18. ( Wouldn't you be hiding too?)  :-*

Hunter

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2006, 12:46:37 PM »
"The kind of girls we want- they are probably home reading!"

THE OBVIOUS ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION'S REALLY QUITE SIMPLE, START A CONSERVATIVE ORENTED READING & DISCUSSION GROUP !!!? :o ;D

Solving questions are why I make the big bucks dudes!!? :)
HUNTER

Jed Bodacious

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2006, 12:34:00 AM »
New to the forum, and right at 30, but still in the 20's mindset.

I remember a history teacher talking about why Wyoming was the first state to give women the vote, he said it was because the women who could live in a place like Wyoming were the toughest women around and were not about to be treated like second class citizens like the women in the rest of the country. It sounds like this is still true today!  :)

Okay, hello everyone, I just could not help but read this whole thread......very good stuff. Let me give a little background......

I got started young married at 18 to a 14 year old  :o (she was almost 15), we have for the most part never got along; we have two kids (11 & 9) and got divorced in 2004 only to remarry a year later. Now were splitting up again and I am seriously thinking about becoming a FSWer, and like a broken record start over fresh.

I agree with Laurel, you don't want to get someone young just because you think you can mold her, at some point she will grow up and be who she is to be. (I've lived it) I would rather be with a woman who knows what she wants than with one who is still growing up. But hey live life as you see fit, just be prepared to take responsibility for it.

Any way I must admit this topic is of concern to me as well, it would be nice to hook up with a lady who will balance my equations, be a person of interest and action. I'm an odd duck, who has done a lot of looking, but has yet to find a good fit. Maybe some enterprising FSWer should start up a FSW match making service. I would be interested in joining such a service.

Best,

Jed Bodacious

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2006, 07:06:04 AM »
I've been pretty successful in meeting those ladies who are
unknowingly "pre-libertarian" and furthering their natural growth.

That is different from "molding" someone who is not inherently
freedom-oriented. 

The quickest and easiest way to discern her core political beliefs:
World's Smallest Political Quiz
http://www.self-gov.org/quiz.html

Most women I've gone out with scored Libertarian to their surprise,
but not to mine.

Guys, a suggestion regarding politics and philosophy:
Don't come on too heavy about it with women. 
Women are very practical, and much more realistic about
their potential mates.  They are more keen to know if
you're a good provider with no substance addiction,
and don't have a frightening temper.

They don't care if you're a Libertarian vs. an Objectivist.

Also, "extremism" understandably frightens off many women.
As potential wives and mothers, the tranquility of the "nest"
is important.  Fellows who are perpetually railing against the
government, the establishment, and the status quo can
quickly seem too risky for most women.

They've one bet to make for the furtherance of their genetic
material, and rabble-rousers are hardly a safe one.

Most polemicists are bachelors.
(Alex Jones is the jaw-dropping exception.)

So, guys, decide what it is that you really want, because
serious political activism and wooing a young lass are mutually
antagonistic for the most part.

Speaking for myself, since I've had a fine run at things since
1992, and since I want a wife and family, my polemicism is
winding down.  As Boston, I've written most of what I wanted
to write, and have accomplished most of my goals.  The FSW is
now full of great people, and has its own sufficient energy apart from
what I add to it.

It's time--high time--for me to pursue the tranquil comforts of hearth
and home, which I always wanted, anyway.  I allowed my life to get
"derailed" long ago by the BTP thing because I care about America. 
While I don't actually regret my choice, I am rather wistful for what
I forsook along the way.

Guys, if you're keen to have a family, then get started on it by 35,
if not 30.  Once you're past 35, many younger women will suddenly
begin to imagine that you're "too old" because you're near the age
of their fathers.  (This is not so much the case in other countries,
as American women are much more shallow.)

Your best social age window is 27-34--i.e., not too young and not too
old.  I did not know this, else I wouldn't have been so lackadaisical
about the courting game.

Once you pass 40, then 35+ y/o divorc?es (usually with children, and not
wanting more) are what you'll be left to choose from. 

Boston

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2006, 01:59:37 PM »
Wow, I didn't mean to bring this great thread to
a screeching halt.

Y'all carry on!
Unca B will go hang out with the old geezers.

Boston

Hunter

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2006, 02:52:26 PM »
"American women are much more shallow"
Boston
OMG BTP!, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT !!!? :o :o :o :o
YOU GOTA DEATH WISH?

SUSAN, BRANDY, LAURAL, LADYS? ANY REBUT?
GET EM! ;D

HUNTER

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2006, 03:05:11 PM »
naw, in the majority, he's right:

http://www.the-niceguy.com/
http://mirrorofthesoul.blogspot.com/
http://www.cooltools4men.com/links.htm
http://www.angryharry.com/bookrantings.htm
http://www.americanwomensuck.com/

(asbestos suit on!! 8))

"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Hunter

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2006, 03:52:59 PM »
naw, in the majority, he's right:

Nah, I don't believe that. Used to long time ago, but not any more.