Author Topic: Under 30s?  (Read 26479 times)

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
Re: Under 30s?
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2006, 08:20:34 PM »
Hunter, any woman on this forum, so interested in freedom,
is de facto not shallow.  On this, you must
agree...which begs the question of your remark being
disingenuous or just silly. 

I'm extremely pleased with the quality of our FSW ladies,
many of whom I had the pleasure of meeting at the Jam.
Bright, pretty, pleasant, and helpful...every one.

P.J. O'Rourke once made the interesting observation that
no movement can go anywhere without the active and
visible support of such women.  I tend to agree, and am
very heartened that more women are becoming more
active within the FSW.

Jared, thanks for the interesting sites, but they're probably
better posted in our Men and Women thread.  I certainly
don't want to have this (or any) thread transformed into some
women bashing pulpit, even if I were that jaded.  I don't
think you meant to do so, either, and were simply proving my
point of shallowness.

My generic advice for guys:
Find a good woman, and then perservere through whatever
self-growth is necessary to deserve and keep her.

Boston

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2006, 09:05:53 PM »
Rrrrroger! 8)
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline Shawn

• FSW Rifleman
  • Right and easy seldom meet.
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2006, 09:23:26 PM »
If any of the young men on this thread had met me when I was 18 I think the general consensus would have been 'nice to look at but not a coherent thought in her head' :-\ ?

She's still quite nice to look at! :o :o :o :-*
Our heritage in a nutshell: "This country was founded by religious nuts with guns"  P. J. O'Rourke...Isn't it time?

Offline PatriotAR15

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2006, 10:49:01 PM »
Getting Quantities(of women) is easy...
Quality is MUCH harder...
If you want to attract lots of girls...dont be yourself, abandon your political and religious views, abandon your morals, live a very care-free and almost live a hedonistic lifestyle.
But most the girls (actually all of them) that you'd attract are far below acceptable quality. (promiscuous women, women with mental issues, etc)

However, if you want to find that ONE GOOD QUALITY woman...well they only way I know how, is to stick to my principles, political, moral and religious. "better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who your not."

I do tend to be a bit of an "Extremist", or come accross that way.
I guess back in my head, there is a running fantasy that i'll find a girl with the same principles i stand for, who will accept that. Course, that hope is slowly dying. =(
Hopefully my chances will be better in Wyoming! =)
Happiness is a cold gun, and a warm beer... Also could use a cure for dyslexia. - Jack

Jed Bodacious

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2006, 01:39:20 AM »
Are the ladies (or for that matter the people in general) less shallow in Wyoming than in the rest of the lower 48?

I remember stopping at an Arby's in Missoula, MT once and the girl that waited on me seemed different to me, kind of innocent. In fact people up north just seem to be about 20 years behind (that's a good thing) socially than the rest of the country. The towns are clean and the people friendly. Down here it's just not that way. I remember growing up, everyone waved at each other whether known or not, it's not that way around here any more, and I always notice it when I go north. I've always felt cold weather has a cleansing effect. Well I'm starting to ramble.

BTW, Boston I got your book today....hard to put down!

Jed Bodacious

Offline Shawn

• FSW Rifleman
  • Right and easy seldom meet.
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2006, 08:46:12 PM »
Are the ladies (or for that matter the people in general) less shallow in Wyoming than in the rest of the lower 48?

I remember stopping at an Arby's in Missoula, MT once and the girl that waited on me seemed different to me, kind of innocent. In fact people up north just seem to be about 20 years behind (that's a good thing) socially than the rest of the country. The towns are clean and the people friendly. Down here it's just not that way.

Jed Bodacious

The first week of April, I was here in the Casper area for my interveiw w/ PRI, and I stopped at the Arby's on Wyoming Blvd, east side of Casper.? I was walking to the door on my way in.? Two young men (20's) were about three steps ahead of me.? I watched when they got to the door, a blonde hottie was entering the airlock on her way out, and the door was being held for her by a companion.? The fellas in front of me jumped to the side and held the outer door for her.? I was far enough back to not be in the way, and not bump into them ;D? Anyway, she said, quote, "Thank you gentlemen"? This seemed quaint at the time, but I'm glad it seems so normal to me now.? BTW, it's not an Arby's 'thing', it's a Western/Southern/American/WYOMING (and maybe MT :D) thing.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 08:48:22 PM by Shawn »
Our heritage in a nutshell: "This country was founded by religious nuts with guns"  P. J. O'Rourke...Isn't it time?

Jed Bodacious

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2006, 10:30:44 PM »
I wonder if Arby's is a good place to pick up chicks?  ;D

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2006, 10:36:19 PM »
"Feels like an Arby's night." </Putty>
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline SteveL

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Ex-Kalifornian
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2006, 10:09:06 AM »
I haven't been to Arby's in quite awhile, maybe I'm missing something?! ;)
You say cynical like it's something bad.

Offline bear0u812

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Is it time yet?
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2006, 05:17:36 PM »
My mom was from coal country VA, (Dickeson County to be exact), nand she raised us to be "Southern Gentlemen". Imagine that, A yankee raised southern. How you and others treat each other, especially the opposite sex, is basically your values as a man or woman. Here on the north side of Chicago, most women do tend to be shallow and "Plastic", whereas the 8 yrs I spent in GA a while ago, most women are down to earth. But there are exceptions to the rule.

Yep, "I'm thinking Arby's"
Cross roads come along in the journey called life. Some are obvious, some are so subtle you might miss them. But when you come to one and a decision need to be made, which direction and path will you walk down.

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2006, 08:44:34 PM »
So I just realized that no Under 30's discussion would be complete without mention of myspace. ;D

I'm at www.myspace.com/kirkor if anyone wants to add me. 8)

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2006, 10:50:06 PM »
It would not be complete without mention of Facebook. Anybody else on?

Oh, and Trillian/MSN/Yahoo/Google.

Offline Thomas

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2006, 08:18:04 AM »
ICQ as well, although I doubt many of you have it. :)
Speak your mind, but have a fast horse.

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2006, 01:47:49 PM »
Trillian works with all of those: yahoo, MSN, AIM, ICQ, and IRC.

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2006, 08:33:10 AM »
Hay Jared, There is a young lady, about 25, cute and single, here where I work, whom I have given your Myspace address to. Her name is Jenna. I'm trying to talk up Wyoming to her ,thought a younger view(yours) might help. ;D    Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785