Author Topic: WHY THE GUN IS CIVILIZATION  (Read 67226 times)

Offline kbarrett

• Admin
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Come and take it.
Re: WHY THE GUN IS CIVILIZATION
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 11:26:45 PM »
Wrong Mark there.

Marco Kloos and MarkHB are two different people.

I can confirm that the rant was originally written by Marko Kloos.

Some lameassed internet "commando" lifted it, pasted a phony .mil name on it, and started emailing it around last year.
The psychology of Projection:  If you want to run people's lives for them, then you will probably assume that any armed person wants to do the same to you. Scratch a victim-disarmament supporter, and you will always discover a fear-ridden control-freak.

Offline Danl

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 12:28:07 AM »
I like this also........

my guiding principle by MarkHB

Regards, Danl ~W~
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline MarkHB

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 06:12:34 AM »
Thank you for the welcome.  I wish I could write as well as that and had my head on half as straight, but I'm not the author either - the chap who's website I've pointed you at is.

Offline MolonLabe2009

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 03:30:32 PM »
Hello sir,

Is this movement still active? My wife and I are all in and ready to move. Please advise.
J.

Offline blaine

• Reader
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 04:25:39 AM »
Hello everyone, i am new here and this post caught my attention.  It is an Americans fundamental right to keep and bear arms.  Firearms have been with our culture since the United States began.  It is what has made this country great in the aspect it shows how deeply committed our citizens are to freedom.  If a countries people can walk around with firearms strapped to their sides, it shows to me that the society is free.  To me it is the ultimate freedom, which by the way i am unable to practice due to gun laws in my state, to be able to walk through your hometown and see people of all walks of life carrying firearms because it is their right.  I hope to be able to do this one day.  I carry a firearm everyday right now because i am presently serving in Afghanistan as a world policeman.  I am doing alot of research here on the net about moving to Wyoming when my tour is up early next year.

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 05:28:26 AM »
Welcome! Some others here are in the military. I'm sure they will be saying Howdy soon! Read as much as you can here and you'll soon learn what FSW is all about. And then feel free to ask us! Stay safe!
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline longrifle

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 06:56:12 AM »
Blaine,

Welcome to the forum. I am also military stuck overseas for the moment. You won't find a better bunch of folks than the ones here. Again welcome.

Yours in Liberty,
longrifle

Offline Big Ugly

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 08:09:15 AM »
Welcome, Blaine,
Amazing, isn't it, that you are being PAID to carry 'arms' in another country, but are not 'allowed' to do so in your own home state/country?
Have you been to the open carry sites and the concealed carry sites to see just what you state does 'allow'?
Join with others in your home area to take back your fundamental RIGHT to provide for your own protection by the carrying of 'arms'.

Note: ARMS are not restricted to shotguns, hunting rifles, etc.,
Have a howitzer in your front yard? Fine! Use it wrongly, pay the price.
Have a nuclear weapon in your basement? Fine! Use it wrongly, pay the price! (Charge your neighbors admission to see it!  8) )
Clean them,<br />Load them,<br />Keep them near at hand.<br />Remember Capt. Parker.<br /><br />\\\"Les hommes sages n\\\'ont pas besoin conseil. Idiots ne le prendront pas.\\\"

Offline blaine

• Reader
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 10:21:13 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcomes.  It is amazing that i am getting paid to carry weapons in a foreign country to protect myself in a police action, but am unable to do so in my own state/ country.  I am in Kabul and there is not much going on here at this time.  The elections are over and things have died down somewhat.  There is always that risk and i wont let myself get complacent.  Thank god i go home on leave in six days.  Cant wait.  But about firearms, i believe a town or state, where everyone has the right to carry a firearm is a great deterrent to crime.  Criminals like easy targets, not a target that bites back.  To answer one of the questions, yes i have checked out the carry laws in Ga.  The weapon must be concealed and you have to have a permit.  The permit is not hard to get, but its a way to track me.  I dont want my right infringed upon by no one and not on some computer data base somewhere saying i am a weapons carrier.  If i was to stay in Ga. i would obey the law and follow it.  I do believe in law and order, but i am tired of the useless laws that infringe upon my constitutional rights.  We need less federal and state laws that attack the basic rights afforded us by the founding fathers of this great nation.  It is still the best nation in the world.  There is always room for improvement though.  Government is too big and the states do not have the power to govern themselves.  That is why i have joined this forum and why i am looking at moving to a free state.

Offline Big Ugly

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 10:58:45 AM »
Hi, Blaine, Sorry you are where you are - stay safe!
Just remember, just because someone 'passes a law', legal is not necessarily LAWFUL.
As voiced by our Founding Fathers, passing legislation that is against the Constitution is not lawful and need not be obeyed!
Come out a visit when ever you can.
Clean them,<br />Load them,<br />Keep them near at hand.<br />Remember Capt. Parker.<br /><br />\\\"Les hommes sages n\\\'ont pas besoin conseil. Idiots ne le prendront pas.\\\"

Offline blaine

• Reader
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 12:02:11 PM »
Big Ugly, i am staying as safe as possible and once again you are right.  Just because a law is passed dont make it lawful.  But good news i go on leave in three days and i cant wait.  Will be posting while i am at home also.  Thanks and i hope everyone remembers that there are alot of americans over here fighting and dieing for someone elses cause.  We fight for one another and not the political agenda of our government.  I hope you guys here will keep everyone fighting over here in your prayers.  Thank you, from 48 IBCt Kabul Afghanistan

Offline Blaineus

• FSW Associate
  • Soli Deo gloria
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
Hey Blaine,

I'm Blaine too... and about to head overseas for the Navy (though certainly not as dangerous a place as you are now).  Take care bud, stay safe.

~b
I will walk with integrity of heart within my house; I will not set before my eyes anything that is base. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cleave to me.  Perverseness of heart shall be far from me; I will know nothing of evil.
~Psalm 101

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 03:46:54 PM »
Hey Blaine,

I'm Blaine too... and about to head overseas for the Navy (though certainly not as dangerous a place as you are now).  Take care bud, stay safe.

~b

I thought you were about to get out of that ratrace! Be careful, and write to me. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline baldeagle

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 08:28:02 PM »
Wearing is gun states to the world you are self-responsible. 

Offline dr1best

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2009, 11:14:27 PM »
The right to keep and bear arms marks the difference between citizen and subject. The right of the people trumping the right of the state. The "power" of government being in chains and the people being free.
It seems to me that what this whole right to bear arms debate is about. The power of the people v the power of the state.
Anyone with half a brain can see the outright failure of " gun control" to equate in any way to crime control .Chicago, D.C., New Jersey,CA. Etc.
 What gun control really means is state control, turning people from citizens to subjects, a concept statists can really warm up to.
IMHO wearing a sidearm shows you are a citizen, not a subject,and that drives the left crazy. Or crazier. Either way...
Succisa Virescit