Author Topic: Moving to Wyoming! Enough yackin' about it, we're DOING it.  (Read 34704 times)

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
  • FSW friend. In Wyoming.
    • Freedom Feens!
Re: Moving to Wyoming! Enough yackin' about it, we're DOING it.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 05:20:12 PM »
.... I dont want to hurt anyone but I dont want them to hurt me ethier...
 Bigduane

Exactly. Pretty much my motto.

I think there will be far less "hurt thy neighbor" in Wyoming than in the South should things go far askew in the US of A. Just one more reason to move to Wyoming....But if, God forbid, SHTF happened, Wyoming is much more conducive to "block thy lootin' neighbor", for several reasons, including capacity to own, practice and carry blocking gear, as well as thy neighbors being fewer and further away. I don't imagine they'd get nearly as far going door to door in Wyoming saying "Um, we're going to need to take away your guns" as they did (for some reason) in New Orleans.

On a tangental note, this is a photo of people burying a dead neighbor with whatever is available in New Orleans after Katrina.
"Tired of waiting for authorities to help, citizens rescue the living, bury the dead"
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/c/a/2005/09/04/MNG16EIE0K1.DTL&o=0&type=printable
The woman kneeling and praying on the left, Maggie, is my ex-girlfriend. She's incredibly good people if you ever get a chance to meet her.

This is one of the most intense photos I've ever seen.

She's still a friend and I felt so unable to help her. I was in Prague when it happened and when I first saw this photo.

MWD
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 08:14:08 PM »
...And two earthquakes in the past two weeks may have nudged us a little, too!) ....

Make that THREE earthquakes in two weeks. Had another one this afternoon!

MWD
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 08:42:56 PM »
Good job you two ! If you are interested we do have a place set aside here where folks can blog about their moving experience and their first few months or years in Wyoming.
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline biathlon

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 05:59:55 AM »
Snow people ;D Yup! Grand Targhee, Jackson, Snowy Range, Casper Mountain,      I believe I may have found some new dogs to play with! ;D

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 07:22:55 AM »
.. I believe I may have found some new dogs to play with! ;D

Yay!

We're kitties, but we do play well with others.

MWD and DJD
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 07:26:05 AM »
You know, DJ has never lived in snow. This should be interesting. She's only lived in SoCal and Texas. Whereas I grew up near Buffalo, NY, then lived in DC, then Virginia. (only lived in New Orleans for one summer.)

I lived in snow until I was 22.

Somewhere I have a photo of me at age 8 in front of a snow drift about four times my height.

MWD
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 12:12:01 PM »
It doesn't bother me if FSWer-type folks move here without posting an SofI.
I'm pleased however they get here, with or without direct affiliation with the FSW.

Boston

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 12:20:33 PM »
It doesn't bother me if FSWer-type folks move here without posting an SofI.
I'm pleased however they get here, with or without direct affiliation with the FSW.

Boston

Excellent.

And thank you again for the inspiration. If I'd never picked up You and the Police, we'd be moving to West Virginia this year. That was our plan last fall. In retrospect, probably not a great plan. (Though possibly marginally better than where California will be soon.)

DJ and I are giddy about this new plan.

Been talking to realtors all morning, in Casper, Cheyenne and Gillette.
MWD
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline Bigduane

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 01:07:05 PM »
When my sister, brother-in-law and nephew(8) were moving to Rochester NY from south Texas, I bought my nephew a snow shovel. He thought I was joking about the snow. My brother-in-law was raised in NY City and knew I was right. They have been there now for 2 winters and my nephew wants out. ::) ::) I am still evaluating my situation. I may have to wait until spring 2010. But that will still be earlier than 2012 which was my original target date. I want to wait for the snow to melt so I can get my U-Haul to northeast Wyoming.
  Stock market down 177 points right now. There goes the bailout money ;D ;D
 Bigduane
Why am I not in Wyoming Already? Because I have been lazy for years. I am coming to visit in 2010. To live forever in 2012. Look out Wyoming!!

Offline judithevans

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Hubby and i are interested in networking.
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 03:11:41 PM »
Welcome, Welcome, welcome!!!  If you happen into Fremont County we can surely put together a bar-b-que.  Give a holler.

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 06:55:22 PM »
Welcome, Welcome, welcome!!!  If you happen into Fremont County we can surely put together a bar-b-que.  Give a holler.

Excellent! Thank you.

MWD
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline Michigan Escapee

• Mover and Shaker
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 08:16:42 PM »

Excellent! Thank you.

MWD

Make sure to tell me where you are holding it so I can drink too much and throw up on your lawn.  ;D

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »
Micheal and Debra Jean, congratulations! You both seem so happy, I'm glad to see it.  Arnold lets another victim slip through his fingers.

Count, Sally and I expect to be passing through Sheridan in early September, we'd love to stop and say hi. 

Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 09:08:18 PM »
Micheal and Debra Jean, congratulations! You both seem so happy, I'm glad to see it.  Arnold lets another victim slip through his fingers.

Count, Sally and I expect to be passing through Sheridan in early September, we'd love to stop and say hi. 

Thanks man!

MWD
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline Brandy

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Submissive in totality to one only.
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 01:32:42 PM »
Hope that you can get here and make WY your home.

I had hoped to be able to provide a much more eloquent welcome but due to a situation gone awry this is all I can muster at this time.

Brandy ~W~
Veritas numquam perit - Truth never perishes!