Author Topic: Wyoming and its challenges  (Read 23149 times)

Offline bobcat

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way
Re: Wyoming and its challenges
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 07:01:02 PM »
Duncan,

1. You're obviously angry and unhappy and apparently have been for some time.  It's doubtful that the road you are on will ever make you happy. 
2. It really isn't about liberty, it's about you looking for a fight for a cause and right now that cause is conveniently liberty, and now even Tom Horn on this forum.
3. Don't come here and take it out on us and BLAME us for your real and/or perceived problems.
4. We are generally friendly and enjoy a good logical conversation, but not demeaning ones that continually take personal potshots.  If I have to give you examples, you've got even deeper problems.
5. Take your negativity, sadness, anger, whining, personal attacks and general ill will and DISAPPEAR.  You are not helping or contributing in anything close to a positive manner.
6. Get some counseling before you implode.  You'll be doing us all a favor.

Positive people get things done.  Negative people don't.  It is obvious which one you are and it ain't the former. BYE.
Bobcat  

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin
"Citizenship is not a spectator sport"  -K Denninger

Offline duncan

• Reader
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 07:04:43 PM »
 "I obviously don't know what you do, for all I know you could be the most effective champion of liberty the world has ever seen.  If so, you're pretty lousy at writing about it and inspiring others, because it sounds to me like you confuse fighting over liberty with fighting for it.  And you confuse fighting for it with building it."

Once agian what have you doen for liberyt lately? Moved to another state? Quite the champion aren't you?

"So long as you keep thinking freedom comes from other people, you'll keep having to fight other people - you've already decided to be a slave to them. So long as you keep asking, and demanding, you'll have to keep fighting on the defensive."

I've never thought that liberty came from other people like you. I'm not your slave am I?. But like it or not you are a slave to the state. You never asked for and or demanded your liberty? Aren't you asking people to move to Wyoming to help you impose your Utopia on the rest of us? Your plan was to place people in postions of power and have them impose their life view on the rest of us.

What are you afriad of? Me? I'm a nobody to a great freedom fighter such as your self.

"Just take it.  And here's a clue:  guns aren't for getting your freedom, they're for keeping it."

Shot any statist lately? I didn't think so. But if'n yer real nice to dem local copsters de will lets you keep dem guns of yourns. Don't pay your property taxes this year and then tell me how you come out on that one. Who really owns your property? You? Come on tell me how free you really are in Wyoming.

Offline duncan

• Reader
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 07:14:29 PM »
Duncan,

"1. You're obviously angry and unhappy and apparently have been for some time.  It's doubtful that the road you are on will ever make you happy."

Aren't you angry? isn't this why you moved to WY? You hated the place you came form beucase the high taxes a government imposed regualtions made you angry? 

"2. It really isn't about liberty, it's about you looking for a fight for a cause and right now that cause is conveniently liberty, and now even Tom Horn on this forum.'

It is for me, its always been aobut liberty and gettign the state off my back and out of my wallet.

"3. Don't come here and take it out on us and BLAME us for your real and/or perceived problems."

That's like me telling you that you don't have the right to move to WY and now the truth comes out. it is really all about control isn't it? Moving here to control others and how they should act in your Utopia. Were have I blamed you for the problems that you have imgained? Show me. You're diverting why? What are you afriad of? There are real problem with the state of WY just like the other 49 states. Yiu can choose to ingore them as it suits your agenda but the will continue to exist wether you like it or not.

"4. We are generally friendly and enjoy a good logical conversation, but not demeaning ones that continually take personal potshots.  If I have to give you examples, you've got even deeper problems."

You don't appear to be very friendly to me. Were and when I ever attack you on a personal level? Show me. Logic is not what you are using right now.

"5. Take your negativity, sadness, anger, whining, personal attacks and general ill will and DISAPPEAR.  You are not helping or contributing in anything close to a positive manner."

But when others lodge personal attacks this is acceptable to you, becuase the guy they are attacking is saying something you don't like.

"6. Get some counseling before you implode.  You'll be doing us all a favor."

Take your own advice, you have a type A personality.

Positive people get things done.  Negative people don't.  It is obvious which one you are and it ain't the former. BYE.

Report to moderator    Logged 

Offline duncan

• Reader
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 07:19:45 PM »
"Duncan, I've looked over your posts, read the objections of others
here to you (which included even a PM).  I don't think we're a very
good mix.  Please do not post here any more.  Good luck."

Boston

Then maybe you should move back to SW CO and try not to make my home state into your perfect utopia.

So how money did Shariar get you for? Good luck getting that money back from him. Bob never did his money back from the guy.

One gets tired of self serving premondonas who in reality haven't a clue. How long has Niel's wife been working for the state at CSU? And who really pays for his health insurance?

Offline duncan

• Reader
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2008, 07:23:16 PM »
There are not many libertarians in Laramie county, but I came across one who owns a welding and blacksmith shop south of Cheyenne. His name is Frank Smith and he moved here from Nevada a few years back. I spoke with him just last week and he told me that he wish he had relocated to another place as he was tired of the many locals who all want something for nothing.

Frank found out that it really doesn't matter were you live people and the state are the same all over.

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2008, 07:33:56 PM »
"I obviously don't know what you do, for all I know you could be the most effective champion of liberty the world has ever seen.  If so, you're pretty lousy at writing about it and inspiring others, because it sounds to me like you confuse fighting over liberty with fighting for it.  And you confuse fighting for it with building it."

Once agian what have you doen for liberyt lately? Moved to another state? Quite the champion aren't you?

Listen, donuts, what I've done is none of your business, and I certainly wouldn't share the details with you.  I'm building my life and my freedom in my way, I'm not worrying about yours - it's your responsibility. I'll worry about people I care about and who are actually doing something for themselves.  You go build your own, or keep fighting people over it, whatever you want. 

It appears that you're so incensed that I won't be a patsy who fights your futile battles for you that you can't type straight.  Is it the red veil clouding your eyes or the gobs of spit clogging the keyboard?

I'm a nobody to a great freedom fighter such as your self.

There's two distinct logical fallacies in that short sentence.  At least you've made your dishonesty explicit.

Shot any statist lately? I didn't think so.

You're a child. 
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline duncan

• Reader
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2008, 07:39:56 PM »
This from the RMN

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was briefly evacuated from her downtown Denver hotel Saturday when a man carrying two hunting rifles and two pistols tried to check in to the hotel.

Secret Service spokesman Malcolm Wiley said 29-year-old Joseph Calanchini, of Pinedale, Wyo., faces a charge of unlawful carrying of a weapon after police officers at the Grand Hyatt hotel noticed him carrying a rifle-type case while checking in. Calanchini did not have a concealed weapons permit, said Lance Clem, spokesman for the Colorado Department of Public Safety.

Wiley said authorities were not releasing information about whether the weapons were loaded because the case remained under investigation. Wiley said the charge is the same whether the weapons were loaded or unloaded.

Pelosi and other guests briefly evacuated the hotel but were never in danger, Pelosi spokesman Brendan Daly said.

Calanchini remained at the Denver City Jail today on $10,000 bond, said Denver Sheriff's Deputy Danny Steckman.

Authorities were investigating a report that Calanchini was in town on business and had had the weapons worked on, including mounting of site scopes, to prepare for an upcoming hunting trip.

"The speaker was never in any danger, and she appreciates the quick and professional response of the police," Daly said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't about you girls, but this soirt of crap always makes me angry. Denver is mere 90 miles from the WY border and like it or not you will end up in the shitty city if Denver just like this poor fellow from Pinedale did.

If this doesn't make you angry or you think that it won't happen to you because you live in Wyoming then you must be on prozac like my old buddy Bob is.

Danny Glick the Sheriff of Laramie county had to attend a cop conference in Denver one time and the copsters there took his gun away from him. True story. Oh yea and I get along just fine with the local deputies.

I could tell you other stories about how to keep the state of WY from stealing your wealth vis via the car registration tax and property taxes, but why bother?  You folks have all the answers. You wouldn't defend liberty in your former states so why would you do so here?

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2008, 07:45:40 PM »
this soirt of crap always makes me angry.

No!  Really?  I never would have guessed. 

Everything makes you angry.  That's why you're dangerous to those around you - your friends, that is, not your oppressors.  That's why bad things seem to keep happening to you for "no reason". Anger accomplishes nothing, and puts you at a disadvantage.  But it's all you've got, isn't it?
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline duncan

• Reader
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2008, 07:53:39 PM »
"Listen, donuts, what I've done is none of your business, and I certainly wouldn't share the details with you.  I'm building my life and my freedom in my way, I'm not worrying about yours - it's your responsibility. I'll worry about people I care about and who are actually doing something for themselves.  You go build your own, or keep fighting people over it, whatever you want."

In other words you've done nothing but post stuff on this forum. Build what ever you want any way you want, but never tell me and others how to get the job done. You apparently are worried about me and my life just read your own tripe. What are you afraid of?

"It appears that you're so incensed that I won't be a patsy who fights your futile battles for you that you can't type straight.  Is it the red veil clouding your eyes or the gobs of spit clogging the keyboard?"

So why do you continue to respond? Why did you bother to respond in the first place? Did I go onto one of your strings and attack you? Your right I can't type striaght. I have arthritis and must use two fingers to type. I tend to get ahead of myself, but hey life sucks so I just suck it up and move on.

Quote from: duncan on August 25, 2008, 10:04:43 PM
I'm a nobody to a great freedom fighter such as your self.

"There's two distinct logical fallacies in that short sentence.  At least you've made your dishonesty explicit."

I'm a little nobody, but here you are flaming away at a little nobody and showing everyone that you are afriad on something. The truth maybe? That no matter were you move to things are generally the same? Did you invest alot of money in some sort of WY deal?

Quote from: duncan on August 25, 2008, 10:04:43 PM
Shot any statist lately? I didn't think so.

"You're a child."

Come on bud your the using his guns to defend liberty. You and I both now that the vast majority of LP's are whimps. Not one of them would strap on a gun and stand beside me and that wannabe LP Rick Stanley in BOR day. Most of you folks do your talking on the net and you use phoney monikers to hide your identity because you are afraid of the fed. How many times has Wolfe gone into hiding?  

Don't worry you are not a threat, you are after all just an internet revolutionary. I'm not alone in my thoughts. I was talking to Zieg about you clowns and we were in total agreement, you guys hate to have your sacred cows gored. You know Zeig the guy who founded the TRT.

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2008, 08:01:40 PM »
First, sorry about the arthritis, really.  Doesn't change anything else I've said though.

Someday maybe you'll realize that you're always going to be a pawn in somebody's game they way you keep randomly lashing out at whatever is dangled in front of your nose.  But keep at it, maybe you'll survive to learn something from it.

I'll remember that about "Zeig", should I ever encounter him, whoever he is. 
Carpe Libertas!

Offline duncan

• Reader
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2008, 08:02:32 PM »
"No!  Really?  I never would have guessed."

I've always hated fence sitters. I feel that they are just apart of the problem.  

"Everything makes you angry.  That's why you're dangerous to those around you - your friends, that is, not your oppressors.  That's why bad things seem to keep happening to you for "no reason". Anger accomplishes nothing, and puts you at a disadvantage.  But it's all you've got, isn't it?"

Everything the state does to me and others makes me angry. A guy like you would never lift a finger to help this fellow out and this is the difference between me and you internet revolutionaries. Bad things? Winning lawsuits agianst copsters is a bad thing? Kicking some freepers a$$ in the media is a bad thing? That guy got five days in jail and lost his job at CSU and it made me feel good. Bad things are not happening to me for any reason.

I have simply pointed out many of the things I have seen in WY and you can't handle it.

I've just finished up school at the Colorado School of Trades aka Gunsmithing and added yet another degree to my collection. I know that you've all heard of this place and no there ain't no gunsmithing schools in Wyoming. I'm happy as a lark and I was challenged to come here on a lark to prove that you guys hate having your oxes gored. There is nothing liberty minded about being a control freak.  

Offline duncan

• Reader
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2008, 08:12:21 PM »
"First, sorry about the arthritis, really.  Doesn't change anything else I've said though."

Why be sorry? Believe it or not I have a four year degree from CSU. The establishment at CSU hated my guts even more than you do.

"Someday maybe you'll realize that you're always going to be a pawn in somebody's game they way you keep randomly lashing out at whatever is dangled in front of your nose.  But keep at it, maybe you'll survive to learn something from it."

Just like you are now. Your a citizen of the state wether you like it or not. I'm not a pawn in our little game on this forum. I came here to see if you people were open to a little critique and knowledge about how things really work in WY. The guv doesn't like you people and niether deos the WY Homeland Gestapo. Here's a direct quote from a Dr. Heller of the Wyoming Homeland Gestapo.

"The Bill of Rights does not apply in the state of Wyoming." - Heller

Heller was giving a sales pitch at the local community college in Cheyenne on the WYHG and he made this comment after I pointed out to him that he was full of sh8t. The community college in question is offering a degrees on how to be a Homeland Gestapo Agent. Laramie County Community College would be the place, feel free to google it and then read aobut their degree programs. My money is paying that fat ass to lie his ass off and that shit makes me angry.

My hope is that it will piss you off as well.

"I'll remember that about "Zeig", should I ever encounter him, whoever he is."

Boston knows who he is. Boston knew Bob Glass and if he knew Bobbi he knows of Zeig.   

Offline Herk

• Wolverine
  • FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2008, 08:18:01 PM »
I've found that SW SD has more freedom and liberty than does SE WY. Why not move there? Many of you stated that you all want to move to the most free place in amerika why not southern Montana?

I've got a better question: if WY is so bad, why don't you move to SW SD or Southern MT?   ??? 
Shiny; let's be bad guys.

III

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2008, 08:21:44 PM »
Winning lawsuits agianst copsters is a bad thing? Kicking some freepers a$$ in the media is a bad thing? That guy got five days in jail and lost his job at CSU

You do realize that cockroaches just eat their dead, right?

My hope is that it will piss you off as well.

Sorry to disappoint.  You really don't get it, do you?  Do you really thing that if you convince me to get angry that I'll do anything differently?  Do you think that I'm somehow unaware of the way things are, and need you to enlighten me?  Do you realize that there is something beyond anger? 

You want me angry because it serves your purpose, not mine.

Carpe Libertas!

Offline CZ Man

• Social Type
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2008, 10:50:49 PM »
OK, I've read three pages of this and thought I would finally ask a simple question.

Duncan, what you say may or may not be true about WY, I can't comment since I don't live there. Although the few times I've visited I've really enjoyed the people, and the atmosphere.

With all the complaining aside, what exactly do you propose??

I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but all I hear from you is negativity. So far you have offered no suggestions or advice on how to solve these perceived problems. Unfortunately you have only complained about how terrible life is, and insulted a few members on the forum. Perhaps that was not your intent, but it has been perceived that way.

Here at FSW, we are looking for ways to improve the freedom movement in WY, not merely complain about it compared to the good old days. If you truly find WY that disgusting and hopeless perhaps you should heed Herk's advice. Good luck.
The answer to 1984 is 1776.